Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Jan 2008, 11:57 (Ref:2108672)   #26
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too,
come to think of it there is a very nice "ranch style",very large house near the back of the circuit(behind what used to be the "Bombhole"), now, all I need is to win a million or so on the Lottery!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. can anyone explain to me how other forum users get those very clever 'avatars' to appear ,when they post,and where do they come from?
Old 18 Jan 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2108699)   #27
Alan Cherry
Veteran

England
Alan Cherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
- I know, but it looks like JP has been beaten to a spot of circuit development

http://www.ring1.de/video.php?id=35[/url]

Wasn't like that in October !

amended crap spelling

Last edited by Alan Cherry; 18 Jan 2008 at 12:08.
Old 18 Jan 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2108738)   #28
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snett fan55
P.S. can anyone explain to me how other forum users get those very clever 'avatars' to appear ,when they post,and where do they come from?
http://tentenths.com/forum/faq.php?f...faq_new_avatar
Old 18 Jan 2008, 13:13 (Ref:2108755)   #29
snett fan55
Rookie

United Kingdom
near Norwich
snett fan55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies,guys,
after having asked about avatars I made the effort to check the FAQS.Whereupon all was clear,!!!!!!!!
MEMO to self:read properly first,THEN ask! DOH!
Old 20 Jan 2008, 10:12 (Ref:2109768)   #30
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by snett fan55
Me too,
come to think of it there is a very nice "ranch style",very large house near the back of the circuit(behind what used to be the "Bombhole"), now, all I need is to win a million or so on the Lottery!!!!!!!!!!
I'd love one of those houses that backs on to Brands Hatch. I'd even build my own grandstand.
If there were no cars on the circuit, I'd ring J.P and say " Mr Palmer, I've paid big bucks for this house and I can't hear any cars on the circuit, sort it out , NOW!"
Old 20 Jan 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2109821)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes and as i understand or at least they did in the past, give you complimentry deals.
Old 21 Jan 2008, 09:12 (Ref:2110370)   #32
diddy100
Racer

England
Within ear shot of Snetterton !
diddy100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I complain to the neighbours when they are cutting their lawns as the sound of a honda lawnmower is drowning out the noise of Aston Martins, Ferrari, Porcshe, Zytech, A1Gp, Renault WS etc engines from the Snett which is music to my ears !!!
Old 22 Jan 2008, 19:08 (Ref:2111412)   #33
cannardd
Racer

United Kingdom
London, England
cannardd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Yes and as i understand or at least they did in the past, give you complimentary deals.
We were chatting to a guy at Snetterton last year and they get a pass that gets them into all meetings at the circuit.
I seem to remember Silverstone do too, with the possible exception of the Grand Prix, but they all leave town that weekend anyway!
Old 22 Jan 2008, 19:29 (Ref:2111428)   #34
diddy100
Racer

England
Correct - those living within 2miles of the circuit have the to option to apply for a free "Residents Pass". One reason why I moved to Eccles - but don't tell my wife !!!
Old 22 Jan 2008, 20:21 (Ref:2111471)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
There you go I bet they would cut you a deal on a bit of track time as well if you asked nicely. :-)
Old 29 Jan 2008, 14:54 (Ref:2116346)   #36
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just had a drive over to Snett to have a look at whats new,guess what! nothing is !!
Although rumour has it that JP is getting a little peed off with the Market being there,what with planning permision being granted for a Hotel outside where the Little Chef used to be,and nothing given for the circuit,so would I be!.

Last edited by terence; 29 Jan 2008 at 14:58.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2116356)   #37
diddy100
Racer

England
The owners of the market have also just put in planning application for 4 car showrooms and also some industrial units - some on the site of the old Ships Gallery restaurant. They say this will complement JP's plans but it appears they are getting in first !!! JP has not submitted any plans yet for the circuit changes and proposed hotel and business park.
Old 29 Jan 2008, 17:11 (Ref:2116431)   #38
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In that case then it serves him right.All publicity and no action.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 09:17 (Ref:2116875)   #39
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you think they could position the banks so as to shield the circuit from the howling gale that seems to blow every time I'm there? Can't think why anyone would want to live there - always seems to be raining/snowing/blowing. I suppose noise is the proverbial straw that breaks the camels back!
Old 30 Jan 2008, 09:47 (Ref:2116891)   #40
diddy100
Racer

England
As part of the noise abatement order discussions they are looking at building another bank around the Esses through to Coram but they need to buy some more land of the local farmers !
Trouble with Snett is that it is located on one of the highest points in flat Norfolk so when the wind blows................
Old 30 Jan 2008, 12:31 (Ref:2116977)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
worst bit is when it's hot at snett - it's absolutely boiling. every season seems to bring at least one day at snetterton with some unpleasent sunburn. it's unavoidable. so a couple of nice shades a la far east f1 circuit would be nice too
Old 30 Jan 2008, 12:53 (Ref:2116991)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
It's height is one reason it was chosen as an Air Base.
Bella,I know it's a bit far but the Oak tree at the bottom of the paddock is very nice when the sun does shine there.!
Old 30 Jan 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2117006)   #43
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, it's a hazardous place to fall asleep though
Old 30 Jan 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2117156)   #44
diddy100
Racer

England
Will be fun spectating from the new high bank they have built at Sear in a strong north easterly !!! Hope JP plants some quick growing conifers at the back to shelter us hardy spectators
Old 30 Jan 2008, 17:32 (Ref:2117180)   #45
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy100
Hope JP plants some quick growing conifers at the back to shelter us hardy spectators
or some soft ground in front to catch a wayward spectator should they get blown away
Old 31 Jan 2008, 07:38 (Ref:2117542)   #46
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
or some soft ground in front to catch a wayward spectator should they get blown away
Just have the video camera at the ready for a scoop on U Tube or the Red Tops!
Old 31 Jan 2008, 08:41 (Ref:2117578)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I've seen a fair few awnings wrecked at Snett over the years , including my own, along with a row of temp toilet blocks at a Toca meet !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Jan 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2117688)   #48
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope nobody was inside those blocks.
Old 31 Jan 2008, 13:16 (Ref:2117755)   #49
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Eddy you may laugh, my wife run out of one as they started to shake. They actually landed on the door side's and all the chemical crap was running out.
Its seems funny now but it was a bit worrying at the time as we didn't know if anyone was in them.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Jan 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2117907)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As they say **** happens.