Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 14 Mar 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2151660)   #1
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mallory Park Easter Monday

I've just been on the BRSCC website and according to the final instructions there are only 5 races scheduled for this meeting. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? If it is I can't see myself bothering with it. With one of the races for F500 that leaves 4 proper races and full admission charge. Somebody is having a laugh.
Old 14 Mar 2008, 14:11 (Ref:2151725)   #2
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off to castle combe then for me
Old 16 Mar 2008, 18:11 (Ref:2153904)   #3
Tainan
Racer

United Kingdom
Sussex
Tainan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could it be a combined car & bike meeting?
Old 16 Mar 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2153914)   #4
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainan
Could it be a combined car & bike meeting?
Not as far as I'm aware. To be fair, the quality of the races are rather good in my opinion although it would be understandable if people elect to go elsewhere as a result of the relatively small number of races (Thruxton and Combe strike me as being better alternatives).
Old 17 Mar 2008, 17:45 (Ref:2154867)   #5
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
Not as far as I'm aware. To be fair, the quality of the races are rather good in my opinion although it would be understandable if people elect to go elsewhere as a result of the relatively small number of races (Thruxton and Combe strike me as being better alternatives).
Full program of MGCC at Donington
Old 17 Mar 2008, 19:22 (Ref:2154970)   #6
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy
I've just been on the BRSCC website and according to the final instructions there are only 5 races scheduled for this meeting. Can anyone confirm that this is correct? If it is I can't see myself bothering with it. With one of the races for F500 that leaves 4 proper races and full admission charge. Somebody is having a laugh.
You are correct, only 5 races but with the Fords there it could be interesting.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2155854)   #7
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You are correct, only 5 races
Maybe its something to do with the state of the place!
What have they done to Mallory? The trees up at the hairpin are gone, there are piles of earth everywhere... the place is a mess! (I was there today!)

Quote:
Donington is where I am going, though there is talk of a lack of marshals!!

Last edited by Kelvin; 18 Mar 2008 at 19:15.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 21:21 (Ref:2155981)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I understand the trees had to go due to their age. It was easier to chop them down down than wait for them to fall over in the wind.

Earth may be due to the MotoX track being upgraded/lengthened ready for the British MX GP in June.

BTW, Lotus/Trucks at Brands for me
Old 18 Mar 2008, 22:10 (Ref:2156018)   #9
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
I understand the trees had to go due to their age. It was easier to chop them down down than wait for them to fall over in the wind.

Earth may be due to the MotoX track being upgraded/lengthened ready for the British MX GP in June
Plus, I'd imagine that some earthworks as a result of the construction of the new Rallycross circuit.
Old 18 Mar 2008, 22:12 (Ref:2156020)   #10
Kelvin
Veteran

Kelvin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
mmmm, they looked pretty solid to me.
The trees were a lifesaver on really hot days, somewhere in the shade and take photo's too. The whole character of this stretch of the circuit has been totally lost IMHO They have planted a 1 young tree, right at the end, on the apex of the hairpin, maybe somemore will go back in, though there is not must left sa most of the banking has been dug out. There has been some major earthworks on the 'bus stop' too!
Old 18 Mar 2008, 22:16 (Ref:2156024)   #11
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin
mmmm, they looked pretty solid to me.
The trees were a lifesaver on really hot days, somewhere in the sahde and take photo's too. The whole charactes of this stretch of the circuit has been totally lost IMHO They have planted a 1 young tree, right at the end, on the apex of the hairpin, maybe somemore will go back in, though there is not must left sa most of the banking has been dug out. There has been some major earthworks on the 'bus stop' too!
I'm far from being an expert in arboricultural matters, but I believe that some disease had affected the oak trees and it was considered prudent to remove them before they fell. However, I would agree with you that unfortunantly some of the character has been lost. With regards to the Bus Stop, work has been carried out to increase run off areas and that will also be the point where the new Rallycross circuit leaves the existing circuit before rejoining on the start/finish street.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 13:10 (Ref:2156458)   #12
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA
You are correct, only 5 races but with the Fords there it could be interesting.
Which Fords are there, the Formula Fords, Fiesta, and ford saloons are all at Silverstone.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 13:40 (Ref:2156480)   #13
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No, they're all at Mallory on Easter Monday I think you'll find.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 13:43 (Ref:2156481)   #14
Col_Rugby
Pancake Botherer
Racer

England
Rugby
Col_Rugby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickkicker
Which Fords are there, the Formula Fords, Fiesta, and ford saloons are all at Silverstone.
http://www.brscc.co.uk/calendar/67.html

The BRSCC web site.

Ford Saloons
Ford Fiesta Championship
Ford XR Challenge
National Club Formula Ford Championship
Club Formaula Ford Championship MS
F500

Although the timetable has no F500 but a Don Truman Trophy. Is this the same thing? Also no National FF on the timetable, is it being run with the MS?

But it does definately say Mallory not Silverstone.

Col
Old 19 Mar 2008, 14:14 (Ref:2156514)   #15
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Rugby
Although the timetable has no F500 but a Don Truman Trophy. Is this the same thing? Also no National FF on the timetable, is it being run with the MS?

But it does definately say Mallory not Silverstone.
The Don Truman Trophy is a race for 500cc F3 cars, which the BRSCC seem to like refering to as Formula 500. With regards to National FF1600, these races will be run with the regional FF1600 that is taken place on the same day (be it Midlands-South or North West).

And yes, the meeting is taking place at Mallory. I think the confusion may have arisen from the fact that the Ford Saloons, Fiestas, XR and MS FF1600 are all at Silverstone on 12th/13th April.
Old 19 Mar 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2156563)   #16
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree that the ford championships are all good, but this is not a value for money days racing. I have decided to go to the F3 at Oulton instead. I have not been to Mallory this season, but I am worried about what I may find when i do go. I understand the need for safety and for the circuit to make money, but the place has a unique character and I am concerned that that is being lost. Changes need to take into account the atmosphere and the setting of the circuit. In recent seasons the noise from the motocross track during car meetings has got on my wick. I go to race meetings to watch and to hear and the racket of motocross bikes makes the latter very difficult. I wouldn't pay to watch Pink Floyd if the Royal Opera were playing at the same time!
Old 19 Mar 2008, 15:55 (Ref:2156570)   #17
jellison
Veteran

England
Surrey
jellison has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanowat1
I'm there in the Thoroughbreds