Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 20 Mar 2008, 14:07 (Ref:2157283)   #26
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
To be fair, in suggesting the meeting I can't guarantee I'll be there either! I'll be hard at work, depending on where depends if my lunch break will coincide with the track activity. I'll be asking nicely though, so I'm optimistic.

As there's a different timetable now around, let's amend the time to "10 minutes after the end of the Formula Ford Race before lunch". That should allow for any delays, and give people a chance to wander from watching the action.

For where - the gate going into pit lane between Race Control and the Med Centre?

Wear a pink carnation if you want to be identified
Old 20 Mar 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2157317)   #27
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
The Shrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there Friday with a bit of luck. Anyone no the times they are testing ?
Old 20 Mar 2008, 15:29 (Ref:2157344)   #28
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be going along on Saturday and Monday, parking on the outside of the run down to Cascades as usual (means I can retreat to the car when it rains/snows/sun gets too strong [delete as applicable]. Had been thinking about going tomorrow too, but looking at the weather forecast I think I'll save my getting wet for the weekend.

Looking forward to a good weekends racing, last year was fab, though if we could have a few less red flags come raceday that would be appreciated!
Old 20 Mar 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2157345)   #29
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shrew
I will be there Friday with a bit of luck. Anyone no the times they are testing ?
Taken from the F3 Thread in the SS Forum, F3 test times for Friday are:

09.55 to 10.45
11.45 to 12.35
14.05 to 14.55
Old 20 Mar 2008, 17:51 (Ref:2157448)   #30
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
Cheers mate
Old 20 Mar 2008, 18:24 (Ref:2157482)   #31
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just stumbled on this thread! I'll be there too time allowing and I'm not sure what post I'll be on yet!? Both days so I'll get there at some point.
Old 20 Mar 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2157619)   #32
macsport
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
macsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those that are interested Chad Peninsula Racing are having a Q&A Session with their drivers, Guy Harrington, Ben de Zille Butler, Matt Griffin, Peter Bamford and team manager Piers Masarati at 09:45 on Monday morning. You can also have a close look at the teams Ferrari 430s. Everyone is welcome.

It will be a 9:45 start sharp and will last 20 minutes as I have to be back in the commentators tower for the British F3 race at 10:20.

Jeff

Jeff Carter
PR Manager
Avon Tyres British GT Championship
British F3 International series
Old 21 Mar 2008, 13:26 (Ref:2158147)   #33
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The weather forecast is looking pretty horrendous right now - if it snows as it says I'm guessing the meeting will have to be cancelled? Its typical we have no snow all winter here in Chester and then when it comes it looks like being on the opening weekend of the new season! The season has started 2-3 weeks too early in my opinion anyway - I realise its Easter weekend but there was always a high chance of some pretty awful conditions at this time of year.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2158233)   #34
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
The weather forecast is looking pretty horrendous right now - if it snows as it says I'm guessing the meeting will have to be cancelled?
Weather doesn't look too bad according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1597

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz
The season has started 2-3 weeks too early in my opinion anyway
Hmm......mine & several others' season started a fortnight ago!

I think tomorrow could be "Interesting" but with the determination of the orange Army, we shall overcome!

(Retreats to safe place now to ponder an excuse when it goes tits up!)
Old 21 Mar 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2158318)   #35
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
Weather doesn't look too bad according to http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=1597
I don't like the look of that.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2158409)   #36
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
LOL - that's been updated since I posted it!
The report on BBC 24 said "Heavy Snow" mainly to the East of The Centre of the Country, but everywhere should see some significant coverage.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 19:37 (Ref:2158439)   #37
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
Well it was very wet and cold there today i didnt stay to long but it was long enough i can tell you.

If it rains much more i can see it being called off it wouldnt be the first time ive seen that at oulton.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 19:41 (Ref:2158447)   #38
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
There must be some very nervous bum holes twitching in the upper echelons of race admin at this moment!
Old 21 Mar 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2158456)   #39
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't think it was THAT bad today, a bit of hail and stuff, and cold, but not enough to call it off I don't think.
Old 21 Mar 2008, 20:14 (Ref:2158468)   #40
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I can definitely see delays in the programme as the weather makes it unsafe to run at that moment in time.
Hopefully though, I don't see them turning into abandonments - even if it does snow, it won't stick, so unless it's blowing a blizzard I can see racing going ahead without a problem
Old 21 Mar 2008, 20:23 (Ref:2158476)   #41
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think its matter of watching and waiting to see what the weather does, the forcasters have been know to get it wrong !!
Old 21 Mar 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2158500)   #42
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well this looks a little better:- http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/fore...ay=4&hbhhour=9
Old 21 Mar 2008, 21:19 (Ref:2158510)   #43
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Latest on BBC says that between Manchester & Liverpool it should be sleet/wind/rain and sun
Old 21 Mar 2008, 22:42 (Ref:2158580)   #44
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so basically they don't know then
Old 21 Mar 2008, 23:12 (Ref:2158611)   #45
The Shrew
Rookie

England
Cheshire
I live 10 min from the track and i can defo say whatever the weather forcasts say never ever ever happends here. Plus it seems to change very quick at Oulton more so than most places.

WARNING - Just a thought. Major road works on the A556 if your coming from the Manchester direction about 5 -8 miles from the track. Actualy i forgot about them today when i went all was fine but if traffic is bad then its a mere i got stuck for a hour the other night on the way back from work. Just thought id let you all no.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:09 (Ref:2159849)   #46
robbie_crewe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crewe
robbie_crewe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New to this

Hi Guys,
Just a quick message to introduce myself as I'm new to this site. I'm Rob and i'll be at Oulton tommorow. Does anybody know what time the gates open tommorow?

Rob
Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2159854)   #47
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
I'm marshalling and will be there just before 7am.......first track action is around 8:15 I think.
You should be able to get in (Through Main entrance at Least) at this time.
Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2159869)   #48
robbie_crewe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crewe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell
I'm marshalling and will be there just before 7am.......first track action is around 8:15 I think.
You should be able to get in (Through Main entrance at Least) at this time.
Cheers, lets hope the weather stays away....
Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:38 (Ref:2159877)   #49
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
First track action is 8:45am tomorrow (Formula Ford Race) - and Robbie, reading your post in the marshals forum, try and head along to the gathering at lunchtime. There'll be plenty of orange-clad folk who will have brains to be picked!

All going well, I'll see you and others there!
Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:44 (Ref:2159886)   #50
robbie_crewe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crewe
Sounds good... where is this gathering at lunch time?