Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Jun 2013, 07:41 (Ref:3271050)   #2026
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh no more Gulf, please...... What was once my favourite - an iconic livery has become ten-a-penny. If we have to have Gulf, let's go back to the dark blue of the McLarens.......
I hate to say it ... but I agree to an extent, but it is synonymous with Le Mans and at the end of the day I will support whoever is prepared to put the money in. Red Bull must have put more money into Motor sport as a sponsor than any other single company full stop so I will try not to get bored of it.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 08:55 (Ref:3271082)   #2027
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Tobacco advertising is another matter, but this alcohol law is France's own law, not EU-wide, many countries have similar laws though.
I'm not sure why the tobacco/alcohol livery issue came up in the first place. The only reference to it was in passing - not actually suggesting it might be used.....
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3271100)   #2028
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm not sure why the tobacco/alcohol livery issue came up in the first place. The only reference to it was in passing - not actually suggesting it might be used.....
Someone suggested Martini (altough only because "it was used in the past and it is cool"), it is probably would be a pretty big deal if the full livery couldn't be used in the most important race.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3271113)   #2029
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/..._13062706.html mentions some other candidates for the LMP1 seats: Lucas Luhr, Mike Conway, Ryan Briscoe, Nick Heidfeld, Marc Lieb and Jean-Karl Vernay.

Apparently one driver has already been signed.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 09:50 (Ref:3271114)   #2030
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Someone suggested Martini (altough only because "it was used in the past and it is cool"), it is probably would be a pretty big deal if the full livery couldn't be used in the most important race.
Not quite.

What was said was -

Quote:
Porsche P1 with Red Bull livery would not be so bad...
It might remind a modern Martini Racing livery...
(The emphasis is mine). It is of significance to me (and probably the OP) that this isn't misquoted.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 10:02 (Ref:3271121)   #2031
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not quite.

What was said was -

(The emphasis is mine). It is of significance to me (and probably the OP) that this isn't misquoted.
But:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2005
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=2007

Old 28 Jun 2013, 10:05 (Ref:3271126)   #2032
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I don't want to debate this further, but the poster zanfo zanfagni was the one to set the 'hare running' on this issue - others, including the first referenced poster didn't refer to it in any serious context but only came back to it after zanfo zanfagni completely misinterpreted his comment. It's all complete speculation anyway and I prefer to leave the issue there.....
Old 28 Jun 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3271204)   #2033
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
I would prefer a Martini liveried Porsche sportscar for next year.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 13:01 (Ref:3271208)   #2034
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd like this one Nobby - but I suspect I won't see it.....

Old 28 Jun 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3271311)   #2035
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But Ayse, then they would have to redo the car for the middle eastern round! - Perhaps as the cut of a cow or chicken?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3271352)   #2036
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe the classic Martini liveries are out, but the 1970 Martini Hippie is still fair game! Hell, the interim livery is trippy in its own way, so start as you mean to go on...
Old 28 Jun 2013, 20:02 (Ref:3271355)   #2037
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
There are plenty of people who eat pork in the middle east. Theres been backlash because Islamic beliefs say its unclean meat, but you can find it at restaraunts. Probably not in Bahrain though.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3271368)   #2038
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
But Ayse, then they would have to redo the car for the middle eastern round! - Perhaps as the cut of a cow or chicken?
Hang on a cow is sacred in India so that rules it out.
Old 28 Jun 2013, 20:41 (Ref:3271374)   #2039
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well then it's a chicken then
Old 28 Jun 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3271389)   #2040
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why not a llama?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3271397)   #2041
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Venison?
Rabbit?
Quorn?
Old 28 Jun 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3271403)   #2042
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know no reason why not but ........
Old 28 Jun 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3271409)   #2043
GT3.14
Veteran

GT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT3.14 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Why not a llama?
Someone has been listening to Midweek Motorsport.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 01:15 (Ref:3271450)   #2044
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
http://www.motorsport-total.com/wec/..._13062706.html mentions some other candidates for the LMP1 seats: Lucas Luhr, Mike Conway, Ryan Briscoe, Nick Heidfeld, Marc Lieb and Jean-Karl Vernay.

Apparently one driver has already been signed.
What about Guy Smith? He's certainly good enough!
Old 29 Jun 2013, 01:20 (Ref:3271451)   #2045
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about a lizard livery?
Old 29 Jun 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3271502)   #2046
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Do they eat lizards everywhere?
Old 29 Jun 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3271540)   #2047
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Do they eat lizards everywhere?
Not the eyes.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3271569)   #2048
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
How would you cut up Guy Smith? Might offend some British fans?
Old 29 Jun 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3271572)   #2049
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The pig is a one time deal. You just can't replicate that! Not with a chicken, or a llama, or a rabbit.

But something like this, would be pure entertainment at its best.
Old 29 Jun 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3271576)   #2050
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And dogs are eaten in lots of countries.