Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Nov 2001, 12:24 (Ref:170750)   #26
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the worst part of it, and the point I really try to make, is that the 'professional Sports Administrator' has no interest in motor sport.

They're more at home in golf or soccer or tennis or whatever... which seem to me to be different ballgames.
Old 8 Nov 2001, 11:39 (Ref:171844)   #27
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bomn
Tony Cochrane
There should be a law against him…

Hang on there is.

MOUNT PANORAMA MOTOR RACING ACT 1989 No. 108

PART 3—MISCELLANEOUS

Aid of police
9. The Council or an employee of the Council may call in the aid of the police for the removal, by force if necessary, of any person:
(b) who, by disorderly or insulting conduct on the Circuit or in any public place, causes annoyance or inconvenience to persons on the Circuit or going to or from the Circuit,
while it is being used for the purposes of, or in connection with, meetings for motor racing or associated events on a day or days specified in a permit.

Regulations

(3) The regulations may make provision for or with respect to the following matters relating to the Mount Panorama Circuit while it is being used for the purposes of, or in connection with, meetings for motor racing or associated events on a day or days specified in a permit:
(g) the removal of persons found committing offences against the regulations or causing annoyance or inconvenience to members of the public who are lawfully and peaceably on the Mount Panorama Circuit;

He sure annoyed me.

Officer throw him out.
Can we also bring charges against the entire Ten Commentary team ?
Old 8 Nov 2001, 13:42 (Ref:171882)   #28
hsvenforcer
Rookie

hsvenforcer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
most hated driver is....

my personal hate is the RAT. he can not drive a race without re arranging the car, is to arrogant and not really that good. Lowndes is a close second. Why? because most of the ford fans bagged him when he was with HRT, then when he went to Gibson they hailed him a ledgend. I guess they were right to begin with, HRT was carrying him.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 00:16 (Ref:172292)   #29
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome aboard!

Gotta agree about the Rat, sometimes if he dropped back half a tenth there wouldn't be as much chaos...

But with regards to Craig, if he went back to Holden, would all of the Ford and the Holden supporters dislike him? I'll admit that I wasn't much of a Lowndes fan before this year... and I know that there are a few Holden people around here who still like the kid even though he drives for the other make.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 00:57 (Ref:172305)   #30
hsvenforcer
Rookie

lowndes

thanks

i never liked lowndes to begin with. he is not really that good a driver and doubt he will ever achieve the greatness that drivers such as perkins, brock, ingall or even seaton (even though his performance has been down somewhat recently) have achieved. I know its craig is in his first year in a ford and for the most part was driving an old stone brothers car, but how many times has he put it into a wall? or has come off second best when bashing into other cars (esp skaife)?

If craig changed back to a holden car i would feel the same.

I am a holden fan since as far back as i can remember, but credit where credit is due. I even dislike Paul morris sometimes because of his driving attitude.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 06:38 (Ref:172360)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, Craig has had a few dramas over the years when cars were ahead of him...will anyone every forget what he did to Danny Osborne Adelaide '99?
Old 9 Nov 2001, 07:59 (Ref:172374)   #32
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or when he turned Radisich around at Eastern Creek in 1999 on the final turn before the straight. Or was it 98 ?
Old 9 Nov 2001, 12:31 (Ref:172435)   #33
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was 2000.

He was driving like a wild man that day, ended up about 15th in that race 3, also had an altercation with Baird in that same race, Baird reckoned Lowdnes pushed him off, although the TV didn't support his theory.

As for the Rat, he's been a bit off song in the last few rounds. As for his driving, he was used to pushing that hard to try and get those Pugs and Mondeo's near the front of the BTCC field.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 13:33 (Ref:172457)   #34
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You guys are are being very harsh of the great Craig Lowdnes. He is a very good driver, not the best in the category. Thats Marcus Ambrose(how can a guy with such talent end up in these things), he is head and shoulders above anyone else in the field, get him in a commodore and he'd drive circles around the field. Mr Lowendes is very cool , calm driver, never bags out on anyone, always smiling and usually very fast. And Russel Ingall a great driver get out of here, whats he done, complained, complained, smashed into people.
Old 9 Nov 2001, 23:30 (Ref:172781)   #35
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah don't get me wrong, he seems to be one of the friendliest most approachable drivers off track. Maybe it's because he is such a "golden boy" that these misdemenours stick out more so than they would with any other driver.

Last edited by Buckshot; 9 Nov 2001 at 23:30.
Old 10 Nov 2001, 01:49 (Ref:172811)   #36
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah but his mother still loves him
Old 10 Nov 2001, 02:50 (Ref:172815)   #37
hsvenforcer
Rookie

Ambrose

Skaife, ambrose combination in HRT for next year is something i would like to see. Nothing against Bright but i think he needs more time to get up there with his skills. The car is holding Ambrse back to much. I agree with an earlier post, put him in a holden. HRT, Kmart or a Valvoline car.
Old 12 Nov 2001, 22:37 (Ref:173828)   #38
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: lowndes

Quote:
Originally posted by hsvenforcer
thanks

i never liked lowndes to begin with. he is not really that good a driver and doubt he will ever achieve the greatness that drivers such as perkins, brock, ingall or even seaton (even though his performance has been down somewhat recently) have achieved. I know its craig is in his first year in a ford and for the most part was driving an old stone brothers car, but how many times has he put it into a wall? or has come off second best when bashing into other cars (esp skaife)?
Oh dear... you do watch with tinted glasses, don't you?

Ingall has done a pile of crashing others out, how you can even think he's on the same plane as any of the other drivers you mention is simply beyond me.

By the way, it's Seton...
Old 13 Nov 2001, 00:57 (Ref:173862)   #39
hsvenforcer
Rookie

granted ingall has lost a lot of his skills, but my point was that lowndes will never get to the level that all of the drivers i mentioned had achieved in their prime. He went well in HRT but proof that HRT was carrying him was as soon as he went to another team he drove poorly. Partly due to a sub standard car and partly because he is not that good.
Old 13 Nov 2001, 09:11 (Ref:173931)   #40
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gerg Rust.

Can't stand him. Only marginally worse than the Denyer family.