Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Nov 2001, 10:38 (Ref:176727)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
V8 Season Highlight

OK guys and girls, it's as close to bugger the end of the season- so what was your personal highlight from season 2001?

Bathurst?
Adelaide?
QLD 500?
NZ?
Konicas?
Somthing else?
Old 20 Nov 2001, 13:13 (Ref:176758)   #2
Shazza
Rookie

Argentina
Adelaide, Australia
Shazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmmm gee let me think...

It would have to be Calder Park by a mile

Also the Clipsal 500 an the Queensland 500 because they were the only 2 rounds I actually got to this year.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 21:09 (Ref:176952)   #3
philneast
Racer

Australia
Hobart , Tasmania, Australia
philneast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcus Ambrose.

He really has been a breath of fresh air in the series, especially for Ford fans.
Old 20 Nov 2001, 21:27 (Ref:176967)   #4
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The highlight for me this year was Bathurst. It was a fantastic race from go to woe where the drivers were forced to endure just about every condition imaginable. A lot of big names faltered and a few welcome yet un expected results ( Brad Jones 2nd - good on them). And It was good to see Skaifey win it for HRT.

Also, my second highlight for the year was Matt Neal crashing the brand new Big Kev VX Commodore at Oran Park practise - confirming what a **** he really is.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 00:56 (Ref:177071)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah ..**** Neal was good while he was here

Bathurst for sure...and I also enjoy NZ. Marcos Ambrose for sure has been very good but it was also good to see Junior Johnson start to come of age and even Morris winning at Calder was good too.

the Konica series was good also and was good to see leanne ferrier doing well just a pity she has lost her drive.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 01:17 (Ref:177083)   #6
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woe ! How could I forget little Leanne at R1 of the Konicas at Wakefield Park ? I was there for crying out loud !

Everybody was cheering her on at every corner after her blistering start. She built her lead out to like 7 seconds and then ex Daewoo driver Mundy beached the Actron Air AU Falcon in the sand just after turn 1. The safety car came out bunching up the field and Simon "Whinger" Wills got around her about 3-4 laps later.

I swear, when he passed her the whole crowd let go a collective "Aaahhhh sh*t !"

What a day. Gotta love Wakefield Park.
Old 21 Nov 2001, 04:04 (Ref:177113)   #7
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't pick one highlight, Bathurst is always great, except '92 of course. I only attended two rounds this year. Qld 500 was boring as ever. I really enjoyed Eastern Creek though, my first time as a competitor at a V8 meeting. I had a great weekend! I also attended the Konica meeting at Lakeside, had another great day, Go Wayne!!!
Old 21 Nov 2001, 10:06 (Ref:177183)   #8
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tough choice...don't think I can pick one except for Konica.

And the winner for Konica is the same as Buckshot's. Leanne's drive at Wakefield Park was just amazing. She had the race won until the safety car got in the way.

Shell Series isn't so easy...So I'm going to cheat. The highlight for me was way back on Januray 26 when Conrod.com.au was launched
Old 21 Nov 2001, 13:45 (Ref:177242)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM ..WONDERFULL SPAM ...GLORIOUS SPAM ....
Old 21 Nov 2001, 23:00 (Ref:177529)   #10
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At this point I'd like to point all of your attention to the very relevent interview with Steven Johnson on Accelerate

Hrmmm....a season highlight.

Well I saw the V8s 3 times- twice they were great, the third time, ummmm errrm....

Lakeside Konicas was great, especially for WW, and the 500 was a cracker right down until the vertical swimming pool swallowed the area. Plus I was working in pit lane for both events
Old 22 Nov 2001, 01:30 (Ref:177553)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

About 4:30 next Sunday afternoon.

Last edited by D.R.T.; 22 Nov 2001 at 01:38.
Old 22 Nov 2001, 10:47 (Ref:177643)   #12
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Crash, mine was better
Old 22 Nov 2001, 22:51 (Ref:177906)   #13
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The two that stand out to me atm would be Steve proving himself as a driver, and the Ozemail team coming second at Bathurst.
Old 24 Nov 2001, 01:49 (Ref:178342)   #14
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best one for the year would be Bathurst. I just love being able to go to the races for 4 days and only have to travel 10 mins to get there.
Also meeting up with AJ and Moff was pretty good as well.

The konica round at Wakefield was an excellent day.
I am also looking forward to the Procar round at Oran Park tommorow

Old 24 Nov 2001, 21:16 (Ref:178561)   #15
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Well I was going to g to Procar this morning - but my mate has cancelled on me. Shame....it's been rotten weather here all week and now it's Sunday morning and the wather is absolutely perfect.
Old 25 Nov 2001, 01:24 (Ref:178608)   #16
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats gotta a bite, Buckshot. I went to the Procar meeting on Friday for practice. My first Procar meeting. I was very impressed, the cars sounded great, looked great, especially through the flip flop, got some great photos. Looks like Procar will be a permanent outing for me next season.
Old 25 Nov 2001, 02:32 (Ref:178616)   #17
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Actually it's 1:30pm now and it's absolutely stinking hot outside...kinda glad he did cancel now !

I attended the Wakefield Park Procar meeting and it was pretty good apart from the rain towards the end of the day but I missed to Eastern Creek meeting because I just plain forgot it was on.
Old 25 Nov 2001, 10:04 (Ref:178651)   #18
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i made it home from Oran Park, A little burnt for my day out.
It was stinking hot.

Using a car with the temp guage in it at one stage it said it was 37 degres outside.

And unfortunately the racing was a bit on the uneventful side. I think with the speed differences between the cars the GP circuit is a bit long for them. They end up very spread out.
But it was still a good day, because you cant have a bad day when you go to the car races.
Old 25 Nov 2001, 11:11 (Ref:178670)   #19
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Higlights include:

- Morris mixing it with the big boys at Calder, and winning
- Tears from Longhurst after waiting over a decade to taste a Bathurst victory again
- the revelation that was Marcus Ambrose
- Greg Murphy dominating at Pukekoe. Atmostphere looked brilliant and Murphy drove to perfection

Non-higlights:

- agreeing with the panel on today's edition of V8 Superstars, Radisich being awarded victory in Qld while beached in the sand was, simply put, pathetic. I'd agree with Brad Jones, the safety car would have been a better option in hindsight.