Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Dec 2000, 15:04 (Ref:52608)   #1
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK guys, the cars that were named as being in build for next years BTC were:

3 Pug 406s (will anyone bet aginst the Soperman, not I)
3 Vauxhall Astra Coupes (Muller, Plato + 1)
2 Alfas (and another 2 in the prod class)
2 Honda Accords (Trying to update from Super Touring)
2 Nissans (no details given)
2 Lexus (Shells sealed as are Alfas, cars in build)
and potentially
2 Rovers (but nothing was mentioned)

according to the main man, Richard West. He also said they have an indicated 28 cars for the Production class.

Sounds like it should be a decent show, but to be honest, I don't think anyone stands a chance against the Pugs. From what I could tell last night they have built themselves a seriously awesome piece of kit, watch out for it at the Autosport Show launch. To say they were a little smug and over-excited would be an understatement...

RickP:Clio33
Old 15 Dec 2000, 18:49 (Ref:52639)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
The interesting thing to me would be the third Vauxhall seat... do you (or anyone else) have any inside knowledge there ?
Old 15 Dec 2000, 21:53 (Ref:52693)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
With 28 Production entries it makes you wonder why they didn't keep the NSC as a seperate series. The 14 (or 16) Touring class cars are a reasonable size grid in their own so it's not like they're desperate for cars.

Some simple maths here. Knockhill can accomodate a grid of 26 cars. 14 Touring + 28 Production = a good few unhappy drivers.

Time for a rethink ?
Old 15 Dec 2000, 22:04 (Ref:52698)   #4
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well... there is currently plenty of space on the raceday schedule to run two rounds of each series each weekend... let's hope that they can attract enough entries to BTC Touring to allow the old NSC to live on
Old 20 Dec 2000, 12:26 (Ref:53467)   #5
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still no whispers on the 3rd Vauxhall seat, I'm told the driver will need to bring a shed-load of money with him.

As for the grids being full, I think there are plans to ensure everyone gets a run, something along the line of a race for each category and then the surviving Tourers being joined by enough Prods to fill the grid.

Or even from the one-shot where if like this year cars fail ride height and weight checks, they won't get to start as a Prod car will take their place.
Sure I've read this all somewhere, has anyone got a better idea what I'm talking about???

RickP
Old 20 Dec 2000, 18:44 (Ref:53501)   #6
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The plan is to run 2 sprint races, one for each class, then a combined feature. What BMP haven't said yet is how the grid for the feature will be made up. There will be a convensional qualifying but will it be the fastest cars overall or a set number from each class, or anyone whose still got 4 wheels attached after the first race.

Good point about the ride height failures. This year you simply started at the back of the grid and if you weren't past the Class B cars by the first corner you weren't trying. Next year it could mean an early bath.