Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 4 Dec 2005, 14:48 (Ref:1476804)   #76
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Business as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewolf
I watched it free on my computer on the A1 site - didnt look great but the price was right - I believe it may be coming to the USA on ESPN next year.
It is on "Outdoor Life Network" now, a cable/satellite offering. Click HERE for the schedule.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1481723)   #77
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jinxx
TV coverage is good, Sky I really do think do an excellent job. I'm increasingly impressed with my biker chum as a 4-wheel commentator, he's been around the block hasn't he. Ben Edwards and John Watson are a great double act too.
I pinched this part quote from another thread - apologies - but I agree completely.

Sky had overkill way back at Brands Hatch, but now it's spot on. One of the things that most impresses me most is the way Ben Edwards and John Watson are able instantly to recognise the cars, even in long camera shots in the frantic first few laps. Very professional.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1481746)   #78
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hruumph. another race missed due to non existant coverage...
Old 11 Dec 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1481756)   #79
Headspin
Rookie

United States
Michigan
Headspin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No free US feed :o(

Some idiots bought the rights.. Now I dont get free streaming

*grrrr*

Added into the existing TV discussion thread as US TV rights have already been mentioned - Asp

Last edited by Asp; 11 Dec 2005 at 19:06. Reason: Merged post
Old 11 Dec 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1481758)   #80
Paddockman
Racer

England
Hampshire UK
Paddockman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy mole
I pinched this part quote from another thread - apologies - but I agree completely.

Sky had overkill way back at Brands Hatch, but now it's spot on. One of the things that most impresses me most is the way Ben Edwards and John Watson are able instantly to recognise the cars, even in long camera shots in the frantic first few laps. Very professional.
Agee completely Edwards and Watson have always been a good combination their commentary on GP's back in the days when GP was on Eurosport was excellent. Would like to see more from in-car cameras though as with these cars it is well interesting to watch the drivers sawing away at the wheel.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 18:18 (Ref:1481770)   #81
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The STIG
Hruumph. another race missed due to non existant coverage...

The coverage isn't non-extistant - both races were live on TV
Old 11 Dec 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1481782)   #82
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
The coverage isn't non-extistant - both races were live on TV
not here they weren't!
Old 11 Dec 2005, 18:52 (Ref:1481785)   #83
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You'll need to call Sky then
Old 11 Dec 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1481788)   #84
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
never! Load of overcharging whatsits... besides why do they need people to pay - they run ads don't they?
Old 11 Dec 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1481789)   #85
Kicking-back
Veteran

The A1GP races run ad-free, as it happens
Old 11 Dec 2005, 19:01 (Ref:1481792)   #86
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I very much doubt I'm the only one who's getting very bored of every round someone complaining that it's unfair that Sky have got the coverage and it's not on FTA.
Personally, I think that Sky have put in a good effort towards this service, and in essence taken a gamble that the series will take off. Perhaps after a while it will become successful enough for a FTA broadcaster to take on the rights in the UK, but that's not the case at the minute.

However, those people who just moan about it only being on Sky are adding nothing to this debate. Constructive discussion on the feed, directing, things like that are great. But just a moan that you can't watch it isn't. Carry on discussion the TV coverage, please. But if you're not adding anything to thread, expect your post to be removed.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1481802)   #87
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The coverage today was good.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 22:36 (Ref:1481910)   #88
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have to agree that today's (Dubai) coverage on SKY was very good. Going to Ben and John nice and early, also not cutting them off on the checkered flag for a "much needed" commercial break.
It makes a difference when the pit reporter also acknowledges the studio person, I know Lee McKenzie is world feed so it was nice to get her to do an interview exclusively for SKY...although I do question whether it was as LIVE as Sky claimed.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 23:17 (Ref:1481936)   #89
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asp
I very much doubt I'm the only one who's getting very bored of every round someone complaining that it's unfair that Sky have got the coverage and it's not on FTA...
I agree. I would also applaud Sky for going with this and giving it so much time. On the other hand I think it unfair that someone hasn't paid for my plane tickets, hotels and entrance tickets for each round

In addition I agree with FIRE, the coverage was good today.
Old 11 Dec 2005, 23:47 (Ref:1481957)   #90
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
US Coverage comes on in 5 hours on the OLN (Outdoor Life Network). I have it all Tivo'ed up. Most US cable packages have OLN in their lineups; so coverage is pretty wide. Hope it is good !
Old 12 Dec 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1482384)   #91
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Post race report:

The Eastern Creek race was on US TV last night. Coverage of both races was excellent in my opinion. The picture however, was wierd..... It looked like a wide screen formated picture squashed down into a US standard TV size. Everything was 'stretched' a little,vertically. Still the coverage, in-car feed, audio, and commentary were very good . FAR better than when Betelgeuse covered Champ Car: the all time worst coverage ever.

Did I recognize the voice of one of the announcers from Moto GP ? Sounded just like him.

The cars seemed awfully squirrley. Many in-car shots showed drivers fighting the steering wheel constantly. Admittedly that could be a setup issue, but it seemed too widespread across several cockpits.

IMO Eastern Creek seemed like a pretty dangerous place to race. The run-offs were hard and provided little deceleration to cars which went 'off'. And there were many...
The tire barriers didn't seem that deep. There were exposed edges of concrete dividers which Team Japan split their car on. Maybe I'm just becoming too accustomed to F1 and Champ Car levels of track safety.

Still it made me more determined than ever to get out to Laguna. This could be FUN !
Old 12 Dec 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1482388)   #92
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luckily for me, here in South Africa we have good coverage (for free).
Old 12 Dec 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1482392)   #93
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFreak
The cars seemed awfully squirrley. Many in-car shots showed drivers fighting the steering wheel constantly.

Yes.

This is a good thing