Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 20 Nov 2005, 08:25 (Ref:1465414)   #26
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know Dams have the car setup great but would it not be a good move for the series if the team who qualified on pole had to then publish thier setup to the rest of the teams !!
Old 20 Nov 2005, 11:14 (Ref:1465511)   #27
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think for next season the top 10 in the sprint race should be reversed for the feature race, that would mean chances of a team scoring a double victory would be alot less likely.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1465619)   #28
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A good hard-fought couple of races today.

Well done to France.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 16:17 (Ref:1465657)   #29
Dr Venom
Racer

Dr Venom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
I think for next season the top 10 in the sprint race should be reversed for the feature race, that would mean chances of a team scoring a double victory would be alot less likely.
dont you mean i could be a chance for the uk team to improve or even win if they change the rules......!
Old 20 Nov 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1465684)   #30
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First A1GP meeting at a current F1 track and wow what a difference.

I didn't think the first 4 circuits were very well suited to A1 but Sepang certainly was. Lots of great battles and plenty of overtaking in places F1 would never dream of trying.

It's taken 5 meetings but finally A1 have come good and produced an exciting GP.
Old 20 Nov 2005, 22:32 (Ref:1465970)   #31
nev
Racer

nev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Venom
dont you mean i could be a chance for the uk team to improve or even win if they change the rules......!

And who do you support !! The UK team need to sort the car out
Old 21 Nov 2005, 01:51 (Ref:1466061)   #32
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What an amazing afternoon of motorsport. The racing and entertainment was brilliant. Some of the best racing in 2005. The battles between Jani and Premat, Kerr and Jani, Piquet and Davison.

Really enjoyed it.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 03:21 (Ref:1466090)   #33
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
for something that was suppose to be all about nations, its a shame that the one non-national element of the team (i.e: 'The' Team) and thus the set up is deciding the series. I suppose at least in the case of France, DAMS are French

Still waiting to see any of it on Canadian TV
Old 21 Nov 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1466431)   #34
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
for something that was suppose to be all about nations, its a shame that the one non-national element of the team (i.e: 'The' Team) and thus the set up is deciding the series. I suppose at least in the case of France, DAMS are French
I take your point but sadly there's not exactly a glut of teams capable of running the series in the Lebanon, China etc...

Hopefully in time the series might help that change but perhaps I won't hold my breath.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1466510)   #35
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
Some franchises are trying to to make the team a more national thing - Malaysia, for example, have built a team from scratch with 40% of the crew from Malaysia, hopefully rising to 100% in three years.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 22:50 (Ref:1466961)   #36
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
New Zealand's team is mostly New Zealander's, being based out of Dick Bennetts West Surrey Racing.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 23:45 (Ref:1466994)   #37
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T.
What an amazing afternoon of motorsport. The racing and entertainment was brilliant. Some of the best racing in 2005. The battles between Jani and Premat, Kerr and Jani, Piquet and Davison.

Really enjoyed it.
Me too, A1 REALLY worked at this circuit - I can't remember the last time I saw overtaking and re-overtaking so frequenly in a single race! Not so many accidents either.

Anyone know what the circuit at Dubai is like?
Old 22 Nov 2005, 00:00 (Ref:1467018)   #38
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kind of proves that the problem with new F1 tracks isn't really the track design, it's the F1 cars themselves.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 04:43 (Ref:1467089)   #39
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually Deejay the engineers and mechanics of team NZ are British, however I can assure you they are fully behind the cause!

The team management/admin/commercial side are NZers, lead by Bob McMurray of course. They are a good bunch, I hope they are getting the support at home that they deserve.
Old 22 Nov 2005, 06:39 (Ref:1467109)   #40
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab
Me too, A1 REALLY worked at this circuit - I can't remember the last time I saw overtaking and re-overtaking so frequenly in a single race! Not so many accidents either.

Anyone know what the circuit at Dubai is like?

Excellent track - I was there a couple of months ago.

Plenty of run off - and room to overtake too.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1471434)   #41
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry this is perhaps a bit off topic. Was going to upload my best selection of pics from Sepang, however can anyone suggest a photo sharing website where people don't all have to log in and I can just post a link to it?

If I get them online and there are any that people like, am happy to email one or two to anyone who has posted at least 20 times on this forum.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 21:38 (Ref:1471665)   #42
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!

I know a lot of people use ImageShack - but there's plenty around to explore and try out.
As an add on, don't forget our Art & Photography forum for tips - including hosting solutions, as well as photographic tips and much more!
Old 28 Nov 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1472195)   #43
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Thanks for your suggestions Asp.

If anyone is interested they can find my favourites from the images I took at Sepang, at http://img505.imageshack.us/gal.php?...states26rv.jpg

They are in alphabetical order, not what I had intended but never mind! The originals are all large enough to use as wallpapers, so if any regulars here want one or two send me a PM. Only people with 20 or more posts in this forum qualify!

Cheers

Kiwi3.
Old 15 Dec 2005, 23:02 (Ref:1485042)   #44
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just watched most* of this round and it was easily the most exciting bit of TV motorsport I've seen for a long time. We (Aussie, free to air) only get a highlights package but it seems to be put together pretty well. Fair amount of razzle dazzle music and graphics but seems to edit the racing action to include most things that happened. Some great in car views too. I like the commentators (Ben Edwards and John Watson?), they get a bit carried away but I like that.

* most was due to my recording stopping before the end. I wish TV stations could keep to schedules...