Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 driver movements, rumours already!

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlin...12172652.shtml

Heidfeld to Toyota, Rosberg to where?

would Vettel replace Heidfeld at BMW or would it be another driver, could it be Rosberg, would the Asian dude Williams hired this year to test replace Rosberg, could Webber return to Williams or replace Heid feld at BMW as he seemed to have a good relationship with them at Williams, if Heidfeld replaced Ralf or Trulli at Toyota would this spell retirement for one?
Old 13 Apr 2007, 03:05 (Ref:1890141)   #2
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heidfeld would be an idiot to leave BMW, unless it was for Ferrari or maybe Mclaren.

I'm not sure where Rosberg would go beyond Williams. I'm sure there are larger salaries to be had. We've seen how Red Bull panned out for Webber, Honda for Button, Toyota for Ralf, etc. I'm not sure that Renault will be around long term. Through all of their recent woes Williams was probably still a better team to be with on agregate than the other logical options. Despite the current reliability woes if I were Rosberg I might just sit tight.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 04:50 (Ref:1890168)   #3
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfelds move may just be smoke coming from his manager to get more out of BMW. Whilst Vettel is in the mix and it could prove costly, Vettel's only 19-20 i believe, so he could still benefit from a year on the sidelines in Theissens view.

Ralf seems the most likely to move, as Toyota might see a chance with Heidfeld and try a big dollar move, but if Heidfeld isnt worried about the money so much, he's likely to stay at BMW given the chance. Toyota may replace Ralf with Nakajima though. Cant see Ralf finding another seat if he gets the flick either.

Rosberg wont be going anywhere. Hes a long term investment for Williams, and if his pace continues there'll be no reason for Williams not to re-sign him. Williams originally it seems signed him up just for 1 year, then about 5 years more options after that.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 06:20 (Ref:1890182)   #4
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ralf is probably the most overpaid(results/cost) driver in the history of F1.

I think at some point he'll be booted.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 15:51 (Ref:1890536)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think BMW will decide whether Heidfeld stays, given their aggressive driver policies. BMW would be silly to get rid of either of their drivers (as things stand), but they are quite ruthless.

Nick to Toyota would be the death knell of his career, but it does seem to be a strong rumour even this early on. Long way to go though.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 16:42 (Ref:1890561)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As Knowlsey says whether Heidfeld stays at BMW is likely to depend more on the team's management rather than the wishes of Heidfeld, which has probably resulted in the rumours of talks with Toyota. Personally, it wouldn't surprise me if Toyota were to change both of their drivers, although whether there replacements would be able to extract better results from the car would surprise me.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1890579)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
iirc, Trulii signed an extention with Toyota running into 2009 and RS's contract is up at the end of the year. so presumably (hopefully) Toyota will decide to inject some youth into their team and not renew RS to another year, but who knows as they like to do things their own way.

as for Roseberg, as FPV GTHO mentioned, i cant see him going anywhere as Sir Frank, keen to avoid another Buttongate, probably has a contract with NR which will require him to pay an astronomical amout to go anywhere else.

but with Prodrive next year, most likely run as a B team for one of the bigger squads, im sure they will want to get in on any talent they can. is BMW considering being the supplier for Prodrive? if so Heidfeld or Vettel, if available could have an option there. if its Mclaren setting up Prodrive, maybe a return for PDR and another of Mclaren's younger drivers.

looks like an exciting silly season coming up.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 17:16 (Ref:1890586)   #8
shambles
Veteran

England
Soton, UK
shambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridshambles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You heard it here first; Rosberg to Ferrari.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 18:31 (Ref:1890630)   #9
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Until Toyota stop designing by committee anyone who goes there are asking for trouble. The other question Nick would need to think about is how long are they going to keep pouring money in for the results they have had? How long before they pull the plug?

If Ralf's contract is up at the end of the year I think that'll be it if Toyota don't renew him and I can't really see that happening surely? Toyota are a strange lot though so who knows?

I still can't believe he earns as much as he does now. He's quick on his day when everything is working the way he likes, but that doesn't happen that often and he's then just mediocre.
Old 13 Apr 2007, 21:34 (Ref:1890740)   #10
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You never know about RS and Toyota. In the same way I was suprised Renault kept Fisi on, for whatever reason!
Old 13 Apr 2007, 22:05 (Ref:1890748)   #11
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin-1
You heard it here first; Rosberg to Ferrari.
Really? I would never have guessed, I thought it would be David Coulthard
Old 14 Apr 2007, 03:43 (Ref:1890825)   #12
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl

but with Prodrive next year, most likely run as a B team for one of the bigger squads, im sure they will want to get in on any talent they can. is BMW considering being the supplier for Prodrive? if so Heidfeld or Vettel, if available could have an option there. if its Mclaren setting up Prodrive, maybe a return for PDR and another of Mclaren's younger drivers.
I'll be genuinely surprised if next year Prodrive arent using the Mercedes engine, McLaren chassis with de la Rosa and Paffet. Apparently DR's mainly talking to Ferrari, Renault and McLaren and most of the rumours have linked him with McLaren. I wonder if he'll be getting a 1 year old chassis or the new one though...