Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Apr 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1272758)   #1
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zanardi in the WTC

How do you think Zanardi will get on this year?

Just read his autobiography, it's fantastic
Old 7 Apr 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1272796)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He'll be quicker than last year.

He now has a season's experience, and they've developed an improved control system.

I'd love to see him on the podium.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 22:33 (Ref:1272884)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So would I - actually I doubt there's anyone who wouldn't. Alex richly deserves success, he's worked very hard to return to racing and taken a very bold decision to take this challenge on (much to his wife's chagrin, I suspect). If he succeeds it could be a great motivating factor for wannabe drivers with disabilities to take the plunge and compete with hand controls or other adaptations themselves. His rookie season was quite good considering that he'd never raced tintops before, and that using hand controls must be compeltely different to what he's done in the past, and I'm optimisic for this year.
Old 7 Apr 2005, 22:37 (Ref:1272887)   #4
John Winter
Racer

John Winter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, the newly developed hand controls weren't suitable, so he will have to use last years system.

BTW, i've read his autobiography too, and I totally agree with you, it's great. But than again, Zanardi is my hero
Old 8 Apr 2005, 00:23 (Ref:1272927)   #5
zizzo
Rookie

Italy
Sarzana
zizzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Luckyly it's not last year's control system. He tried a completely Mechanic throttle, but it was too hard, and he wasn't able to give the right amount of power, mostly in the first 20% of the throttle.
So he switched back to an electric system that was developed in January/February, and that is really better than the old one.
The problem for Alex last year, was that he could never concentrate on set-up, because he had other problems, that affected his way of driving more than a wrong spring rate.
I talked to him in a test session this winter, and he told me that he believes he is still good, and that he has the possibility of winning races. If I know him a little, he wouldn't race anymore if he thought that the podium is completely out of sight. Here in Italy he has a huge number of supporters.
I would really love to see him smiling on the top of the podium...