Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 Mar 2017, 01:33 (Ref:3717381)   #226
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Well i think that is the end of that argument...

Thanks for the input Roger.
Thanks for your input Roger but really im not sure where you have said anything that hasnt been already said.

As a spectator it changes nothing, you dont care and that your right to do that, and as i said many times i understood why the series do it, but that doesnt mean i dont have a right to complain about it.

The fact is, whether you care or not, I took time out of my day to watch a poor quality attempt at racing, Cup cars provided better racing

you dont care about the spectators and the spectators dont care for your crappy driver penalty system. Only one of them will ever change, and we know already that in the enduros it has

and axeman, it doesnt end any argument, it inflames the argument

Last edited by peckstar; 9 Mar 2017 at 01:49.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 01:54 (Ref:3717383)   #227
velly4
Racer

Australia
velly4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They aren't professionals trying to entertain you dumb arse.

They are doing what they want to do and what they love. Enjoy it for what it is and be grateful these guys want to spend that kind of money and allow us to see these beautiful cars being raced in Australia. Without them we wouldn't see these cars at all!!!!!!
Old 9 Mar 2017, 02:04 (Ref:3717385)   #228
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Many thanks to Roger for coming on here and addressing Peckstars 'concerns'. I've been tempted to post in reply a few times since Clipsal but I feel like I'm feeding a troll hence why I hardly post in this thread anymore.

Peckstar if you want to keep arguing points already addressed by a long standing Tenther and a series competitor then it just shows ignorant you really are.

The series does cater for the fans in some way and we do appreciate that but at the end of the day we know that if the guys on the grid aren't happy that's when the championship suffers. It's all about the drivers and teams. If they're happy then the grids get bigger and we get one of the best national GT championships in the world as a result.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 02:19 (Ref:3717386)   #229
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
You guys are welcome to your opinion. and no rich he didnt answer my concern, he brushed it under the carpet because he doesnt care about the spectators

However the truth is GT3, by Scudd's own admission, needs spectators even if he doesnt care.

You see he has to go to big events to get a "tax break" if it was just about fun fang in his lambo for him then them he would have stuck with their little no tv and no crowd events that they had planned.

They need spectators and they shouldnt complain when the spectators complain about sub standard racing.

Why does it matter if the pros win? Have two classes if its an issue (I know you guys love your class racing) Riddle me that one. No effect on the tax break either

Last edited by peckstar; 9 Mar 2017 at 02:38.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 02:31 (Ref:3717390)   #230
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Scudd for cutting through the BS and providing a real world insight.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 02:39 (Ref:3717394)   #231
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
The fact is, whether you care or not, I took time out of my day to watch a poor quality attempt at racing, Cup cars provided better racing

you dont care about the spectators and the spectators dont care for your crappy driver penalty system.
Not my system, Quinn's. I just do as I'm told.

I waved to you as I drove past.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 02:48 (Ref:3717395)   #232
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Not my system, Quinn's. I just do as I'm told.

I waved to you as I drove past.
Either you are for the system or against, You appear to be for it. So yes it is your system, after all "you" changed his mind this year re the non tv events

I waved back.

Why does it matter if the pro wins?

Last edited by peckstar; 9 Mar 2017 at 02:55.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 02:52 (Ref:3717396)   #233
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Format Change for the AGP
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Mar 2017, 02:56 (Ref:3717398)   #234
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands

Well thats good news, Good at least to bring it to our attention, think Scudd refereed to it in one of his earlier posts, although it wasnt know a few weeks back

Last edited by peckstar; 9 Mar 2017 at 03:05.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 03:21 (Ref:3717400)   #235
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The AGP event shaping up to be a great event - especially with Championship points up for grabs!

Any sneak peak on entries?
Old 9 Mar 2017, 03:27 (Ref:3717401)   #236
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
The AGP event shaping up to be a great event - especially with Championship points up for grabs!

it is now after last years dodgy system (worse than last weekends)

I'm assuming after a bit of damage at clipsal the two week turn around will be tough for some of the teams
Old 9 Mar 2017, 03:29 (Ref:3717402)   #237
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Either you are for the system or against, You appear to be for it.
I'm for it as I have a car that can't run anywhere else, and I put my Porsche in the fence. Everything going well and I'll go back to cup car next year. Happy for 2 classes, pro and AM like in cup car. But I'm not going to go blue in the face smashing my keyboard talking to stangers. Better to read the rules and run the car accordingly, which at the GP you will see happen for car #23.
Quote:
Why does it matter if the pro wins?
If you tell 20 privateers they are no chance of a win or TV time, they will disappear, then you will have no GT series, which by the sounds of it, wouldn't worry you in the slightest, cause apparently it's a **** series run by **** people.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 03:31 (Ref:3717403)   #238
scudd
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post

I'd expect all/most Adelaide entrants to go to the GP, apart from those who can't have repairs done in time. but they will try very hard to make it cause it's such a great track.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 03:39 (Ref:3717404)   #239
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Best of luck to you and Dave at the GP Scudd, happy hunting, I'm sure you guys will have fun.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 03:56 (Ref:3717405)   #240
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
I'm for it as I have a car that can't run anywhere else, and I put my Porsche in the fence. Everything going well and I'll go back to cup car next year. Happy for 2 classes, pro and AM like in cup car. But I'm not going to go blue in the face smashing my keyboard talking to stangers. Better to read the rules and run the car accordingly, which at the GP you will see happen for car #23.If you tell 20 privateers they are no chance of a win or TV time, they will disappear, then you will have no GT series, which by the sounds of it, wouldn't worry you in the slightest, cause apparently it's a **** series run by **** people.
Ive never said its "a **** series run by **** people" I just think that the driver penalty rule is poor (As was last years F1 system),

Ive read you comment negatively about driver seedings before. which doesnt mean you think it's "a **** series run by **** people" just dont you dont agree with the rules/format

Ive rarely gone blue in the face over a ten tenths post (i did once or twice and got in trouble) because i like to think we can discuss things even if we dont agree.

But doesnt change that the format on the weekend is poor for spectating, Had a discusion ( ) with old mate Brad about it, he was telling me how awesome the racing wasnt going to be on the weekend, but the rules as they stand take away from its awesomeness, of course safety cars never help

I will however agree that you understand the rules and have read the rule book (up there with roland on how to push the envelope)

Last edited by peckstar; 9 Mar 2017 at 04:06.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 04:33 (Ref:3717410)   #241
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I like this system although if it was adopted for too many events it might discourage some of the entrants.Last year at GP I basically ignored the handicapping and just enjoyed the races in front of me.The Baird v Mies battle in the Thursday race was a GT classic.Just hope we don't have a race destroyed by safety car that happened in the only tv race on Saturday last year.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 06:46 (Ref:3717427)   #242
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Not remotely the same thing:

Whereas Australian GT gives you extra time for a) grid position (up to 20 seconds extra for a 1h race) and then another penalty based on driver ratings that can easily be in excess of 30 seconds...

http://docs.cams.com.au/Manual/Sport...ersion%201.pdf
It is the same thing when you take into account the conversation in this thread was just discussing cars sitting in pitlane for no reason other than copping a time penalty during a pitstop.

Both systems have cars sitting there doing nothing, so in the context of the conversation of this thread, it is the same thing.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3717446)   #243
McLaren Oz
Rookie

McLaren Oz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone knows Scudd, or if Scudd is out there in forum land....
Does anyone know if his crew shirts are for sale anywhere?
Thanks!!!
Old 9 Mar 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3717455)   #244
McLaren Oz
Rookie

Btw, will the AGP races be televised!?
Old 9 Mar 2017, 10:32 (Ref:3717471)   #245
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Oz View Post
Btw, will the AGP races be televised!?
The only race televised last year was the Saturday race.There is no telecast Thursday,Friday race is before start of telecast and Sunday is a possibility but last year 10 preferred to show network reality "stars".Fox only have rights to screen F1 and Supercar races at this meeting.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3717472)   #246
McLaren Oz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The only race televised last year was the Saturday race.There is no telecast Thursday,Friday race is before start of telecast and Sunday is a possibility but last year 10 preferred to show network reality "stars".Fox only have rights to screen F1 and Supercar races at this meeting.
Cheers mate 👍
Old 9 Mar 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3717487)   #247
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They need spectators and they shouldnt complain when the spectators complain about sub standard racing.
https://www.verywell.com/what-is-the...effect-2795030

I love Australian GT's racing!
Old 9 Mar 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3717628)   #248
D.R.T.
Veteran

AMAC Motorsports back with the Porsche for AGP with the new Lamborghini slated for a debut at Phillip Island for the Shannons Nationals.
Old 10 Mar 2017, 00:10 (Ref:3717632)   #249
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Oz View Post
If anyone knows Scudd, or if Scudd is out there in forum land....

Does anyone know if his crew shirts are for sale anywhere?

Thanks!!!

Scudd is in forum land, just not this forum...
Old 10 Mar 2017, 03:30 (Ref:3717661)   #250
GROUPA
Racer

GROUPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok I don't post much but have been a member for years but one peanut has destroyed this forum and the good discussion that once took place.

Mayhem's comment - 'this bloke would tell Neil Armstrong what the moon was like' would have to be the best way to sum it up.