Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 23 Jul 2009, 23:56 (Ref:2506934)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ugh, i'm getting second hand embarassment from those rumours already. it's too horrific to even contemplate.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 03:51 (Ref:2506957)   #27
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the above is the case then my diminishing interest in single seaters will be lost forever...

I managed to watch Snetterton F3 last night, not a huge amount of talent in the series this year and Chilton hasn't proved anything to me.
Old 24 Jul 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2507157)   #28
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No different to the many other pay drivers that have moved into F1. Lavaggi was hardly a hit in the junior series
Old 24 Jul 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2507215)   #29
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that really doesn't make the nightmare any easier to bear
Old 24 Jul 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2507224)   #30
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
No different to the many other pay drivers that have moved into F1. Lavaggi was hardly a hit in the junior series
Could a contender fo the greatest or most famous ever pay driver be someone like Andrea De Cesaris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that really doesn't make the nightmare any easier to bear
Ooh dear.....

How on earth was that ever allowed to happen!!!
Old 31 Jul 2009, 00:28 (Ref:2512073)   #31
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Here's a small video clip of the Donington races.

If you want to catch the controversial clash between Ricciardo and van der Zande, it starts around 1m 22s. The start of the race of the race and into Redgate is the first clip from race 2, then the incident, so it comes up very quickly.

To me it's a racing incident, pure and simple, and definitely didn't deserve the drive through penalty that was handed out to Renger. Ricciardo was on the outside, ran wide onto the slippery kerbs and spun.

Very good recovery by him, though. He does a double spin, so that's, what, 720 degrees and just carries on. Good spatial awareness.
Old 31 Jul 2009, 09:56 (Ref:2512286)   #32
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did he get the penalty for that incident or the general weaving he was doing? He was shown the driving standards flag and continued to weave down the start finish straight.

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 31 Jul 2009, 17:13 (Ref:2512595)   #33
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
As far as I know he got the drive-through for that incident. Now you mention it, I remember him being shown a black and white flag, but didn't know it was for general weaving.

Jenson Button does that in F1 to get heat into his tyres, so maybe it was the same idea. You know how F3 loves to mimic F1.
Old 5 Aug 2009, 13:58 (Ref:2516147)   #34
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got the chance to watch the races earlier this week, I thought they were rather good especially race two. It went some way into delaying my jumping onto the 'modern F3 racing is dull' bandwagon; far too much grip, not enough power, dull sounding engines, unjustifiably expensive etc.

Anyway, back to Donington, there was quite a fair bit of action down the field unless I imagined it all. I suppose weather conditions did its bit to help. I was glad for Boyd as I was beginning to worry about him. Very impressed with some of the national class runners too (Dias?). Chilton's season seems to be slowly losing its momentum.

Grubmuller might have his detractors but it is undeniable that he has come on a lot considering where he started from. Yes, he has the resources to back him but you still have to apply yourself, the car won't test itself and sitting in it going around in testing won't do much either. You still have to put in the work. Credit where credit is due I feel.