Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Oct 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3155353)   #26
Giraffe138
Racer

Giraffe138 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bev Bond presenting the medics of Poole Hospital who provided his cancer treatment with a cheque for funds raised to date by his cancer charity at Silverstone yesterday.......

https://www.facebook.com/tony.gallag...AwarenessInMen
Old 21 Oct 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3155468)   #27
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Bev.

I watched the HFormula Fords.

I must say they were brilliant to watch, I didn't think I could have enjoyed a race so much not sitting in a car. Fab racing.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3155483)   #28
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a mostly enjoyable afternoon (apart from seeing the nasty incident in the FJ race) watching the racing and wandering around the paddock.
Here are a few shots from the day

Rudolf Ernst in his Brabham, leading his old Lotus around the bend.

John and David, before the red flag

Nathan Potter showed Stuart Roach how his Gemini should be driven

A very focused Andrew Hibberd

The fastest PBA in the paddock!

I have a few from the Guards Trophy and will try and sort through them this week.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3155528)   #29
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
INathan Potter showed Stuart Roach how his Gemini should be driven

Awesome fastest lap, according to the timing sheets on line (as I write). 18 seconds faster than anything else. In fact, fastest lap of the day.

Astonishing.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3155538)   #30
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News from the FJ circle that John Milicevic is back home from hospital. I spoke to David Methley briefly after the incident and he's fine, a bit sore, and expected to get sorer ... but having seen the incident from the stand I'm delighted that's all it is. These guys (+ Sam Wilson and occasionally others) have had some great very close clean dices all season with no contact, such a shame it ended this way.

Also felt very sorry for Robyn Slater in the very next race, a relatively innocuous tap on the rear quarter from an over-ambitious braking Mini, becoming a bit more expensive when the cars came together a second time in the melee. Bad luck Robyn. When you were turned around I had feared that in such a tight pack others might also come into contact, thankfully not.

Great recovery drive from Stuart Dix in HFF, in the Cooper Chinook, roaring back up the field from dead last after an early spin, maybe not the result he was looking for, but having overtaken so many in such a level playing field I hope he was grinning from ear-to-ear when he got back to the paddock.

Another steam-rolling win for Paul Tooms in HRS, who heads off to Guards next season, well driven Paul, a fantastic season.

After my rubbish 2012 season I'm personally glad to see it finished (!), see you all in 2013, hopefully back on the other side of the fencing!

James
Old 21 Oct 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3155539)   #31
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - not a good day for the timing team. Our grid for race 5 had some anomolies which made the race interesting! It all appeared to go wrong in qualifying for the Juniors in session 4.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 19:59 (Ref:3155542)   #32
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we have to be wary of some lap times, they were having problems all day with the timing.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3155552)   #33
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, my post crossed with others. Good news about the FJ guys, it was not nice to watch.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 20:46 (Ref:3155574)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I downloaded the full results pdf file. It is devoid of results so far.

How did Michael Lyons end up third in dbt? Must have missed some action whilst engaged watching some of the dices.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3155606)   #35
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
How did Michael Lyons end up third in dbt? Must have missed some action whilst engaged watching some of the dices.

Something broke on the penultimate lap (didn't hear what) and pulled into pit lane on the last lap. I think that his lead was so much that he was classified 3rd.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 22:39 (Ref:3155625)   #36
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
News from the FJ circle that John Milicevic is back home from hospital. I spoke to David Methley briefly after the incident and he's fine, a bit sore, and expected to get sorer ... but having seen the incident from the stand I'm delighted that's all it is.
Many, many thanks for the update on the FJ guys. Listening to the reports over the incident radio channel it didn't sound too clever, but I'm now very relieved that both are OK. It is so rare that you guys have problems, contact .... that incidents like yesterdays are a big surprise. Roll on the WHT and then 2013.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 03:08 (Ref:3155680)   #37
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Something broke on the penultimate lap (didn't hear what) and pulled into pit lane on the last lap. I think that his lead was so much that he was classified 3rd.

Ah ha! Thanks.

He's had an unlucky season with some things breaking.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 07:37 (Ref:3155742)   #38
105 Mad
Rookie

England
Chesham
105 Mad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A pleasing 13th oa, 1st in class I think. Like you say Simon, there were a few timing issues but 13th seems about right for me.

The main thing was that the car performed faultesly after the problems I've had through the year. Nice feeling to go into the winter with.

Bad luck Robyn, it's not been your year has it?

Good news about the FJ guys, we saw it all from the assembly area, didn't look that good.
Old 22 Oct 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3155984)   #39
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to hear that John is OK.

Here are a few from the Guards Trophy

Andrew Hayden?

Old 22 Oct 2012, 19:17 (Ref:3156005)   #40
LYNX
Veteran

England
Hampshire
LYNX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Many, many thanks for the update on the FJ guys. Listening to the reports over the incident radio channel it didn't sound too clever, but I'm now very relieved that both are OK. It is so rare that you guys have problems, contact .... that incidents like yesterdays are a big surprise. Roll on the WHT and then 2013.
We were watching on live timing - a very nail biting time until we found out that everyone was OK albeit sore. Sadly not so the cars but at least they are repairable and presumably don't feel pain. Jon and Dave hope you make a quick recovery
Old 28 Oct 2012, 14:35 (Ref:3159005)   #41
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought i'd post this. It started out so well,,,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjnZHk3lNg&feature=plcp
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3159032)   #42
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was in the BRDC stand and saw it happen. The first touch looked as if you'd be able to continue but the second looked to cause a lot more damage. Did the car stall or was it undriveable?
A shame as you were going so well.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 17:52 (Ref:3159102)   #43
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow Robyn, bet you're glad to see the back of this season - you sure have had more than your share of bad luck.

Hope next year's better for you!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 18:09 (Ref:3159110)   #44
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
I was in the BRDC stand and saw it happen. The first touch looked as if you'd be able to continue but the second looked to cause a lot more damage. Did the car stall or was it undriveable?
Judging by what I later saw of what I think was the mini involved ... I would guess undriveable after the second contact.

Hard luck Robyn. Not any sort of way to end the year.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3159223)   #45
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bad luck Robyn. Little consolation, but what a great start you made!

Chris (Ed's son)
Old 30 Oct 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3159856)   #46
Edwardo
Rookie

England
West Yorkshire
Edwardo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Would be interesting to see the in car from David Heal's Imp, if available, he was almost mixed up in it as well?

edwardo
Old 22 Dec 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3181184)   #47
Giraffe138
Racer

Giraffe138 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe138 View Post
Bev Bond presenting the medics of Poole Hospital who provided his cancer treatment with a cheque for funds raised to date by his cancer charity at Silverstone yesterday.......

https://www.facebook.com/tony.gallag...AwarenessInMen
Check out this BBC interview with Bev....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcEMlWW1r4