Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 May 2017, 23:16 (Ref:3735586)   #1
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMSA Dream Team

On the heels of the WEC Dream Team thread, I thought I'd post an IMSA Dream Team thread.

A few options to get us rolling:

DPi
Porsche DPi (Sponsored by Mobil 1)
#9 Patrick Long, Lucas Luhr, Mark Webber
#91 Romain Dumas, Timo Bernhard, Bruno Junquiera

GTLM
Aston Martin Vantage GTE (Sponsored by Aston Martin proper, and U.S. Aston Martin dealers, so the car can run in racing green.)
#007 Darren Turner, Townsend Bell, David Brabham
#009 James Davison, Richie Stanaway, Daniel Serra

Chris
Old 24 May 2017, 12:35 (Ref:3735661)   #2
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Honda dpi: pagenaud/David brabham/colin Braun

Braun deserves a shot in a real prototype at this point.

I must admit, I like pat long, but I seem to remember him being a little slower than the others in the p2 Porsche. Imo, he's perfect for a gt Porsche drive.
Old 24 May 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3735690)   #3
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plus one on Colin braun..didn't he win the championship with bergmeister years ago, how come no shot since then..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 24 May 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3735697)   #4
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmidder View Post
Plus one on Colin braun..didn't he win the championship with bergmeister years ago, how come no shot since then..

In 2006 Colin had to miss three races due to Tobacco sponsorship at the events (which is bizarre, considering how much tobacco sponsorship existed at CART events from 1988-2002, and many young drivers were on the bill at those races). So Jorg took the Championship, while Colin was fourth in driver's points.

Colin then tried to transition into NASCAR, and from 2008-2010 raced there exclusively, while dabbling in sports cars in 2007 and 2011. In 2012 it was clear he had missed the shot on the Roush driver development program, and by 2014 he was back full time in IMSA full time as teammate and driver coach to Jon Bennett.

It would be really cool to see Colin jump into a big prototype, he certainly has the feel for those cars. Perhaps Pat Long could take over in the 54 car, and Colin could jump into my fantasy ride!

Chris
Old 24 May 2017, 16:33 (Ref:3735700)   #5
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
He put a pass on another pc car on the last lap of a laguna 6 hr race 7 or 8 years ago. Between turns 9 and 10, using a gt car as a pick. One of the best racing moves I have ever seen.

Old 25 May 2017, 04:53 (Ref:3735807)   #6
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wondered if Colin's "Kia incident" hurt his chances but I would think he has done his time by now.
Old 25 May 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3736054)   #7
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Expand please, not familiar with the Kia incident

Old 26 May 2017, 04:05 (Ref:3736093)   #8
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He was running 2nd in the Kia at Miller behind his teammate Galati, going for what would have been Kia's first win (and therefore first 1-2 finish as well). Braun went for a dive at the final corner on the last lap and made contact with Galati. Tore up Galati's car if I remember right and it DNFed, and Colin was able to limp across the line to 5th or something like that. Wilkins replaced Braun for the rest of the season.
Old 26 May 2017, 14:24 (Ref:3736179)   #9
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
In 2006 Colin had to miss three races due to Tobacco sponsorship at the events (which is bizarre, considering how much tobacco sponsorship existed at CART events from 1988-2002, and many young drivers were on the bill at those races). So Jorg took the Championship, while Colin was fourth in driver's points.

Colin then tried to transition into NASCAR, and from 2008-2010 raced there exclusively, while dabbling in sports cars in 2007 and 2011. In 2012 it was clear he had missed the shot on the Roush driver development program, and by 2014 he was back full time in IMSA full time as teammate and driver coach to Jon Bennett.

It would be really cool to see Colin jump into a big prototype, he certainly has the feel for those cars. Perhaps Pat Long could take over in the 54 car, and Colin could jump into my fantasy ride!

Chris
I've wanted to see Colin get a chance in a Corvette.
Old 26 May 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3736189)   #10
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
He was running 2nd in the Kia at Miller behind his teammate Galati, going for what would have been Kia's first win (and therefore first 1-2 finish as well). Braun went for a dive at the final corner on the last lap and made contact with Galati. Tore up Galati's car if I remember right and it DNFed, and Colin was able to limp across the line to 5th or something like that. Wilkins replaced Braun for the rest of the season.
I remember this now. World challenge. Didn't really show the teammate attitude..and no way and old vet like galati was gonna give that up..

Old 31 May 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3737533)   #11
BrentJackson
Racer

Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBrentJackson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMSA DPi:

Ford Ecoboost DPi
Multimatic-Riley Mk.30 Chassis base
Ford Ecoboost 3496cc turbocharged V6

Roush Multimatic Racing

#6 Dirk Muller / Joey Hand / Sebastien Bourdais (Trevor Bayne at Daytona)
#7 Sam Bird / Matthew Brabham / Shane Van Gisbergen (David Brabham at Daytona)
#11 Carl Edwards / Juan Pablo Montoya / Cameron Lawrence (Ricky Stenhouse Jr. at Daytona)

IMSA GTLM:

Acura NSX GTE
Honda Z30A 3500cc turbocharged V6

Michael Shank Racing
#60 Oswaldo Negri Jr. / Kyle Marcelli / Naoki Yamamoto (Zach Veach at Daytona)
#93 Andy Lally / Katherine Legge / Narain Karthikeyan (Ed Jones at Daytona)

RealTime Racing
#43 Ryan Eversley / Peter Kox / Daniel Mancinelli (Peter Cunningham at Daytona)
Old 31 May 2017, 14:13 (Ref:3737704)   #12
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentJackson View Post
IMSA DPi:

Ford Ecoboost DPi
Multimatic-Riley Mk.30 Chassis base
Ford Ecoboost 3496cc turbocharged V6

Roush Multimatic Racing

#6 Dirk Muller / Joey Hand / Sebastien Bourdais (Trevor Bayne at Daytona)
#7 Sam Bird / Matthew Brabham / Shane Van Gisbergen (David Brabham at Daytona)
#11 Carl Edwards / Juan Pablo Montoya / Cameron Lawrence (Ricky Stenhouse Jr. at Daytona)

IMSA GTLM:

Acura NSX GTE
Honda Z30A 3500cc turbocharged V6

Michael Shank Racing
#60 Oswaldo Negri Jr. / Kyle Marcelli / Naoki Yamamoto (Zach Veach at Daytona)
#93 Andy Lally / Katherine Legge / Narain Karthikeyan (Ed Jones at Daytona)

RealTime Racing
#43 Ryan Eversley / Peter Kox / Daniel Mancinelli (Peter Cunningham at Daytona)
I support this. However, in fantasy land who replaces Dirk, Joey and Seabass at Chip Ganassi Racing? And I guess JPM isn't getting the Penske seat?

Chris