Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 15 Nov 1999, 00:48 (Ref:7510)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another from the archives.

This was taken by me at Silverstone in 1983. Patrick Tambay heading up towards the old Abbey curve in the Turbo-Charged Ferrari 126 C3.

[This message has been edited by Peter Mallett (edited 15 November 1999).]
Old 15 Nov 1999, 14:28 (Ref:7511)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
YEAH BABY !!!!!
That pic is priceless in my view ..look at the lines the shape the shear guts of the machine thats what I love about gp racing ..while im not really into the engine side of things that much (although the turbo cars were awesome ) the cars overall shape is what appeals to me and Peter my friend this pic takes the cake..FANTASTIC.

wish I could get as close as that to some of the cars
Old 15 Nov 1999, 18:31 (Ref:7512)   #3
Florian Lacroix
Rookie

Florian Lacroix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hey Peter, your pic is really nice.
Maybe we can create a forum on old nice pics !!!
Old 16 Nov 1999, 00:32 (Ref:7514)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well folks. I've got loads of pics from around those times. Will try to sort a few out so that you can all share them. If you use them though please give me the credit/blame.

Cheers.
Old 16 Nov 1999, 01:05 (Ref:7513)   #5
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful picture, Peter.
Don't you think these cars looked much more like racing cars than todays monsters?
I've seen Tambay in that same car come second at the Dutch GP in 1983 behind his team mate Arnoux.

Gerard.
Old 17 Nov 1999, 00:46 (Ref:7515)   #6
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Please do, Peter.
I'm looking forward to see them.
Brings back old memories.

Gerard.
Old 17 Nov 1999, 18:10 (Ref:7516)   #7
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what I call a CAR!!!!!!!! *Sigh*

Oete, send me a copy of that so I can use it as a screen saver?????????
Old 18 Nov 1999, 00:36 (Ref:7517)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Actually Liz all you need to do is click the right mouse button (not the left) on the pic and select "set as wallpaper".

I have mailed you a copy anyway.

Cheers
Old 21 Nov 1999, 13:47 (Ref:7518)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This was sent to me by Robert Murphy. Apparently he's got loads of them.

[This message has been edited by Peter Mallett (edited 21 November 1999).]
Old 21 Nov 1999, 21:37 (Ref:7519)   #10
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Beautiful picture of Niki Lauda in the McLaren MP4.
Murph is a very good photographer, who always seems to catch the right mood.
And indeed, he's got loads of these goodies.

Gerard.
Old 22 Nov 1999, 21:44 (Ref:7520)   #11
Deez
Rookie

Deez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any pictures of Ferrari 312 T4/T5's by chance?
Old 23 Nov 1999, 15:12 (Ref:7521)   #12
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter
Thank you for putting my pic up on this thread. I am totaly lost on how to do this myself ( it is very hard to teach this old dog ANY new tricks) so I really appreciate your kindness. I shot a lot of film (as my wife constantly reminds me) from 1972 through 1986 at Mosport Park, Montreal, and The Glen and I am in the process of having the stuff put on CD's. That is costing me a lot of $$$ ( and the wife keeps nagging me about such mundane matters as food, car payments, mortgage...etc) soooooo... it will be a long drawn out process.

Gerard
Thanks for the kind words.

Deez
I have some shots of Jody at the Glen and Montreal in the Ferrari T4/5. I haven't put my Gilles collection on CD yet. If you would like me to send ya something... e-mail me.
Old 23 Nov 1999, 17:01 (Ref:7522)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Mortgages? Wives? Don't worry about them. If you want me to post any more of your pics I will be glad to help. I am not trying to turn this into a photo gallery but if it prompts discussion then I'm all for it.
Old 9 Jan 2000, 17:36 (Ref:7523)   #14
Megatron
Rookie

Megatron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Here is the car that started it all! Although not without a few headaches on the way......

[This message has been edited by Megatron (edited 09 January 2000).]
Old 9 Jan 2000, 19:03 (Ref:7524)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Welcome Megatron. How about posting the pice here or posting the site in the cool sites forum.

Cheers.
Old 9 Jan 2000, 19:32 (Ref:7525)   #16
Robin Plummer
Racer

England
Chelmsford, Essex, England
Robin Plummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I notice that various people have said that they would like to touch these cars. Well you still can go to the Goodwood Festival of Speed, Sussex, England in June and you can!. Last year you could see and hear a 1983 Ferrari 126, 1985 Ferrari 156, 1987 Williams-Honda FW11B, 1987 Arrows-BMW A10. In the last few years they have also had a 1983 Brabham-BT52 BMW, 1986 Benneton-BMW B186. Currently racing in the BOSS Master's series in the UK is a Toleman TG185-Hart and 1986 Lola-Haas Ford to!!!
Old 9 Jan 2000, 19:58 (Ref:7526)   #17
Megatron
Rookie

Megatron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hold on, I just relised I got the pick to work. Good.

[This message has been edited by Megatron (edited 09 January 2000).]
Old 9 Jan 2000, 21:08 (Ref:7527)   #18
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well done Mr Tron.

These were best years of F1 because we had maximum power, big slicks and little downforce. It was only political correctness which put paid to these cars.