Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 May 2003, 23:58 (Ref:604104)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ecurie Ecosse

Driving through Newcastle last Thursday, I saw a van decked out in full Ecurie Ecosse livery, crest and all. Is Scotland's national team properly active again, or was this just some really hardcore fan?
Old 20 May 2003, 03:30 (Ref:604185)   #2
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BSF
I came across some pics of Sebring 2003 that had a Porsche and drivers decked out with stickers on the car and EE sew-on badges on the drivers. 1 of the drivers was Gregor Fisken.

I was under the impression that Ray Mallock and Hugh McCaig own the title 'Ecurie Ecosse'.

Last edited by mickj; 20 May 2003 at 03:30.
Old 20 May 2003, 05:09 (Ref:604221)   #3
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
They went with the genuine Ecurie Ecosse lorry last september at the Classic, didn't they ?
Old 20 May 2003, 05:30 (Ref:604232)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Hugh McCaig does own the Ecurie Ecosse name and they did run a 911 at Sebring for Gregor Fisken, Ian Donaldson and Bart Hayden

It was the second PK Sport car (actually the Sebah Motorsport car) but it ran in EE colours - For that matter it ran at the LM Test day too - again as the second (reserve) PK car - theres a pic of the car at LM in one of the dsc test day galleries.

Last edited by Graham Goodwin; 20 May 2003 at 05:31.
Old 21 May 2003, 16:54 (Ref:606083)   #5
MikeH
Racer

Scotland
Perth
MikeH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The van may have had something to do with Ecurie Ecosse's current domestic efforts - as well as running teams in the Scottish Mini Cooper and Caterham Championships, they also run in the Caterham Roadsports in Class A with Alasdair McCaig and Andrew Smith... that series ran at Cadwell Park on the 18th so it may have been travelling there? I have no idea where Cadwell is so I could be wrong on this...
#68 - 2009 SMRC Scottish Legends Championship.
Old 21 May 2003, 17:07 (Ref:606092)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Cadwell is in Lincolnshire isn't it?
Old 21 May 2003, 18:48 (Ref:606166)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
That could explain it. I didn't know that Ecosse were still active in national championships. It's a shame nothing came of Ray Mallock's plan to run his Saleen under the Ecurie Ecosse banner.
Old 26 May 2003, 21:36 (Ref:610869)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
So, Hugh McCaig still owns the Ecurie Ecosse name (who knows, Alasdair McCaig may be related to him...). Does Ray Mallock have any part in the team/name? Are there any plans to take the name back to sportscar racing?

Come to that, is Ray Mallock planning to get back into serious racing? I know he's running a Lotus Exige in British GTs, and was to run an MG at Le Mans; will the MG reappear in the SCC or ALMS later this year?

Might it even run in Ecurie Ecosse colours? Now that would be great.
Old 27 May 2003, 02:57 (Ref:611068)   #9
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BSF
A McCaig I believe is Hugh McCaig's son. From Graham Gaulds book on EE the name is/was owned by Ray Mallock and Hugh McCaig.
I hope the EE name is on a sports car in the future. Its a shame the EE Saleen did not race.