Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 8 Mar 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1246678)   #1
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BF3 Test - Silverstone 7 March

Anyone got any times for this?

I was there for the morning session, but I'd be surprised if many lap-times were recorded between all the red flags!

Couldn't blag myself an infield entry so had to guess a lot of the drivers... and naturally couldn't get hold of any timings out on the outside of Luffield.

People who looked quick to me were (with a little guesswork and in no particular order) Danilo Dirani in the No 1 white Lola P1, Susie Stoddart in the No 36 blue and white ADR, and absolutely flying was what I can only assume was Mike Conway in the red No 26.

Talking girly for a moment, assuming James Walker has kept his Carrefour sponsorship, his orange, black and white livery looks cool, and the red, white and blue Team IVY, which I presume is Keiko Ihara looks nice too.

Most of the others were black - come on, guys! Only a month to go!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 15:50 (Ref:1246773)   #2
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
No official times for yesterday, but they will be available through MST next Wednesday at the Media Day. In theory, all the cars should be in livery for that...

Mike Conway is indeed in car 26, but the driver of the ADR number 36 is Juho Annala in the National Class - told you he was one to watch.

Most people had James Walker fastest in the afternoon. There's a little group forming of him and Conway in the Fortec cars, Charlie Kimball and Christian Bakkerud for Carlin, Ryan Lewis for T-Sport and Dan Clarke for RRR. They seem to be there or thereabouts all the time. Danilo Dirani and Susie Stoddart have only had a couple of days in their new cars so far.

I was down at Abbey for a while and you could tell it's still early days - let's say there was a wide variety of lines!

Last edited by strider; 8 Mar 2005 at 15:51.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1246828)   #3
Mathias
Veteran

England
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that car 36 wasn't SS - I would swear it said "Stoddart" on the side - and the driver definitely has a cross of St George on his/her helmet in my photos...,

There was a wide variety of lines through the complex too - some distinctly more successful than others as the number of red flags would testify!

Was Ryan Lewis driving his traditional no 69?
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:06 (Ref:1246842)   #4
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mathias – don't worry about the cars all being black at the moment. By the time they get to round one at Donington they'll all be white. As usual. Yawn. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1246846)   #5
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
Interesting that car 36 wasn't SS - I would swear it said "Stoddart" on the side - and the driver definitely has a cross of St George on his/her helmet in my photos...,
Can't have been SS then can it?
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1246913)   #6
Mathias
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
Can't have been SS then can it?
Ach! Good point, laddie - d'oh!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:03 (Ref:1246914)   #7
Mathias
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Jet Plane
...they'll all be white. As usual. Yawn. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:05 (Ref:1246916)   #8
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juho's helmet is blue, darkish red and silver. He is definatly one to watch out for.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1246951)   #9
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pics of Annalas helmet: Side & top
Old 8 Mar 2005, 18:44 (Ref:1246958)   #10
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
--Why is P1 in the #1? Because PiquetSports have left and they were second in the champ?

--I cant see lewis with 69 in Class A, if I recall the high two-digit numbers are set aside for Class B. Ie the scholarship class winning car was like 51 or 61 or something

--Its hardly traditional, Lewis stole it off me back in FPA.
Old 8 Mar 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1247112)   #11
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who's Jaffa Hartwall?
Old 8 Mar 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1247114)   #12
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sure its a family or friend related business as the company sponsored him in karts and FF.

It makes orange flavoured drinks btw http://www.repiev.ru/AdvertLibrary/O...Jaffa-1-15.jpg

Last edited by btracer; 8 Mar 2005 at 20:52.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 10:14 (Ref:1247514)   #13
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hartwall is one of two big brewerys in Finland (another one is Sinerbrykoff) and Jaffa (pronounced as yaffa in English...) is their orange (and other fruits) soft-drink.

Hartwall sponsored Mika Salo with the same trademark...

I don't think there's any connections betwean Annala family and Hartwall other than this sponsorship.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1247659)   #14
Mathias
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russfeld
--Why is P1 in the #1? Because PiquetSports have left and they were second in the champ?
That doesn't quite follow - PiquetSports didn't win the "constructors'" title (such as it is), Carlin did. If the champion's team leaves, you'd think the #1 would logically pass to either the highest placed team (Carlin) or the next highest placed driver who remains in British F3 (which would be Danilo Dirani).

So P1 gets the #1 because "Crazy Idiot" Dirani, as he's known to his closest friends and compatriots, is the best-placed driver who has failed to move on!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1247696)   #15
Mathias
Veteran

England
Would the white helmet with the St George cross be Jonathan Kennard then?

In which case, I reckon ADR were running all Jonathan, Juho and Susie in just 2 cars - both of which appeared to be Championship class...? Unless no 33 (black) was their National class car? I'm bloody lost, me.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1247756)   #16
JJ Jet Plane
Racer

JJ Jet Plane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mathias, the #1 thing is just following precedent, and when the team which ran the previous year's winning driver has moved on the #1 has always gone to the team that ran the second-placed driver. In 1995 Oliver Gavin won the title for Edenbridge Racing, but Edenbridge moved up to F3000 and the #1 went to Paul Stewart Racing because they'd run Ralph Firman to second in the '95 points. Carlin didn't win any title in British F3 last year – there is no such thing as a teams' title in British F3.

That's why Dirani has #1, because Piquet Sports have moved on and P1 ran Adam Carroll to second in 2004 points. Simple!
Old 9 Mar 2005, 17:00 (Ref:1247902)   #17
Mathias
Veteran

England
Thanks, JJ, that makes perfect sense. I thought my guess was pretty good though. It may be wrong, but the logic worked!

And I know that there's no constructor's championship, which is why I called it 'the "constructors'" title'. Sheesh!

Last edited by Mathias; 9 Mar 2005 at 17:02.
Old 9 Mar 2005, 22:07 (Ref:1248143)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias
Would the white helmet with the St George cross be Jonathan Kennard then?

In which case, I reckon ADR were running all Jonathan, Juho and Susie in just 2 cars - both of which appeared to be Championship class...? Unless no 33 (black) was their National class car? I'm bloody lost, me.
I reckon it would be Jonathan Kennard, then. ADR were definitely running three separate cars on Monday and again today at Snetterton.

Oh, and number 33 is Charlie Hollings in a Promatecme-run Lola!

In other news, Valle Makela was testing a similar Lola for Fluid Motorsport at Snett today.