Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jan 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3012100)   #1
eizox
Rookie

England
Somerset, England
eizox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drayson Racing Lola B12-69 EV

I wasnt really sure where to post this, and wasnt aware of their being a thread specifically for this.

A few people questioned why the pictures of the car showed no front headlights but what was otherwise a standard lola chassis, the reason is that the car is fitted with a form of DRS with an F1 style flap on the rear wing, and retractable diveplanes at the front of the car, the diveplanes retract into the space that would have otherwise been occupied by the headlights.

my source is my eyes, and whoever the youngish chap on the Drayson stand on Sunday at the autosport show was!
Old 16 Jan 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3012215)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Most new Scalextric cars come with lights so it's a tad disappointing this one doesn't.

The nearer it gets to actually racing competitively the more excited I will become about the project. Nothing at all against Drayson Racing as I like them as a team. I just wish they'd entered the WEC.
Old 16 Jan 2012, 10:14 (Ref:3012222)   #3
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had the same problem Simmi and so put my entry under "Racing Technology" as this is obviously a technical excercise at this stage and not a practical race car
Old 16 Jan 2012, 23:15 (Ref:3012591)   #4
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Most new Scalextric cars come with lights so it's a tad disappointing this one doesn't.
They're also connected to a constant source of power from the mains rather than having to carry their drainable power source around.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 07:07 (Ref:3012689)   #5
JayBMS
Racer

Italy
JayBMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This car will do the same...

http://smartplanet.com/blog/intellig...-charging/8031
Old 17 Jan 2012, 13:20 (Ref:3012838)   #6
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well it could, if they can develop the technology in the tracks.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 21:46 (Ref:3127126)   #7
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Drayson becomes a commercial rights owner (among others) and "a scientific advisor" to the Formula E Championship.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102013