Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Sep 2016, 12:15 (Ref:3672074)   #2951
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Personally, I hope not.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see GM put out a new super car, but I just don't want to see the Corvette stray too far from its roots. In this day and age we are losing the "purity" in a lot of vehicles, and I'd like to see the Corvette stay with a nice naturally aspirated V8 up front that is relatively large displacement so that it has a nice smooth torque curve (and so it sounds good, rather than being another boring turbo 6), and an H-pattern box with no AWD or hybrid stuff or active aero, and, importantly, stay in the "attainable" category.

Now, a mid-engine Cadillac with all that fancy stuff? Yeah sure.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 12:29 (Ref:3672080)   #2952
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah...I'll miss front engined Corvettes if it goes this way. Could they not call it something else? Notavette?
Old 13 Sep 2016, 13:53 (Ref:3672112)   #2953
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I think Corvette will become a brand all it's own, with the traditional front-engine car as the "entry-level" Corvette model, and the mid-engine being the "Premium" model.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 14:10 (Ref:3672113)   #2954
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah...I'll miss front engined Corvettes if it goes this way. Could they not call it something else? Notavette?
Rumor is that it is another model under the Corvette brand and that it might be named after Zora.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3672121)   #2955
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yes, for me a Corvette is a front-engined, normally-aspirated, big displacement car. No problem with Chevy developing a mid-engined supercar, but don't call it a 'Vette.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3672165)   #2956
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Something to recall whenever you hear the mid-engine Corvette rumors is that this is something which they've been talking about/conceptualizing since the early seventies.
This may actually happen this time, but then again, it may not. I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3672168)   #2957
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There have been rumors for 6 decades now of a rear engined Corvette, has not happened. The Corvette mystique is DEEPLY rooted and a drastic change in it would not serve GM's best interest. If it does come to pass I think the Corvette Stingray will stay in it's current configuration and a second car would be added, more than likely a Zora or something that evokes that persona. It could also be a Caddy.... ??

L.P.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3672169)   #2958
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Something to recall whenever you hear the mid-engine Corvette rumors is that this is something which they've been talking about/conceptualizing since the early seventies.
This may actually happen this time, but then again, it may not. I'll believe it when I see it.
Since the Sixties... https://history.gmheritagecenter.com...I,_III,_and_IV

L.P.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 17:34 (Ref:3672171)   #2959
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I was more referring to the road car concepts, but yeah, suffice it to say this is not the first time this rumor's been circulated.
Old 13 Sep 2016, 18:11 (Ref:3672184)   #2960
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
I was more referring to the road car concepts, but yeah, suffice it to say this is not the first time this rumor's been circulated.
Road car concepts.... http://www.corvettes.nl/gm_prototypes/astro2/index.html

1968 ....

L.P.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 11:18 (Ref:3693530)   #2961
alless
Rookie

alless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys,

After watching the latest gran turismo sport trailer i found something inside.
Corvette C7R version that i havent seen before.

Comes at around 22sec and i grabed a screen to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQtKkoJk9c

Did Corvette announc bit more updated GTE version for 2017 season?
Attached Thumbnails
2016-12-04 12_13_19-Gran Turismo Sport — PSX16 Official Trailer (4K) - YouTube – Google Chrome.png  
Old 4 Dec 2016, 11:41 (Ref:3693535)   #2962
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That Corvette is just a Gran Turismo created car that doesn't exist in real life. It's not based on a C7R its just a fantasy race car version of a Corvette found in game.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 12:22 (Ref:3693541)   #2963
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alless View Post
Hi guys,

After watching the latest gran turismo sport trailer i found something inside.
Corvette C7R version that i havent seen before.

Comes at around 22sec and i grabed a screen to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwQtKkoJk9c

Did Corvette announc bit more updated GTE version for 2017 season?
You can also see a Mustang running in 2017 WRC spec.

I think we will see pigs fly before Ford launches the Mustang as a rally car

(At 0:46)
Old 4 Dec 2016, 14:43 (Ref:3693580)   #2964
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It would be amazing, though.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 15:19 (Ref:3693904)   #2965
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
You can also see a Mustang running in 2017 WRC spec.

I think we will see pigs fly before Ford launches the Mustang as a rally car

(At 0:46)
Group B spec, actually.

Yeah, that's a fantasy "GT3" variant of the Corvette PD has whipped up for the game.
Old 7 Dec 2016, 16:19 (Ref:3694554)   #2966
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Regular driver teams to stay the same at Corvette Racing.

Corvette Racing ‏@CorvetteRacing 2m2 minutes ago Why mess with success? @AntonioGarcia_3, @janmagnussen, @olivergavin and @TommyMilner back for full @IMSA season! @TeamChevy #Corvette #C7R

L.P.
Old 12 Dec 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3695560)   #2967
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Rocky and Fassler back for enduros.

Corvette Racing ‏@CorvetteRacing 3h3 hours ago Don't mess w/ success, Pt 2! We welcome back @m_rockenfeller and #MarcelFassler back for Daytona #Rolex24 and Sebring#Sebring12! #Corvette #C7R

L.P.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 03:56 (Ref:3712744)   #2968
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Question to the big Corvette fans out there: Does your loyalty extend to Cadillac as well or you don't care about them? This applies to the DPI or the GT3 cars.

I got the impression in the past couple years that many of the Corvette GTLM fans for the most part just followed the yellow cars and that the Corvette DP's were not as big of deal.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3713027)   #2969
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
99.9% of Corvette fans at the races don't understand a single thing about racing, the rules, strategy, or what drives IMSA to make the decisions that they do. As long as them yeller vettes get a got damn checkered flag they'll be happy.
Old 18 Feb 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3713030)   #2970
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Question to the big Corvette fans out there: Does your loyalty extend to Cadillac as well or you don't care about them? This applies to the DPI or the GT3 cars.

I got the impression in the past couple years that many of the Corvette GTLM fans for the most part just followed the yellow cars and that the Corvette DP's were not as big of deal.
Big fan of Corvette here. Tend to be the GTE Car I pull for at Le Mans, and I'm always disappointed when the Labre Corvette doesn't do as well as I hoped (and that awesome looking AAI one). I don't care for the Caddy teams in IMSA. I like the styling of the car, the engine sound and the general style, but I don't care much for the teams. Didn't care for the Corvette DPs (although they were prettier than most DPs). Caddy GT3 car I have no opinion of since it doesn't race anywhere that interests me. PWC races are too short, and every time I tune in they spend at least 50% of the race under yellow, so I gave up watching it. If the car came over to Blancpain or IMSA GTD then I'd see how I felt then.

I don't tend to care about parent companies. I like the Toyota Le Mans effort, but don't care for the Lexus GT3 mess of a project. I like the Bentley GT3, but don't care for the Audi GT3. I like the Audi LMP1, but don't care for the Audi GT3. I guess I have team loyalty, but not brand loyalty.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 00:19 (Ref:3713069)   #2971
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I love the sound of the Vette and always liked it, but not a particularly big fan of them. I think the Caddys are cool but they're just a bit too much rebadge for me. The GTE Vettes are the real deal. I think they get more respect because of that.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 01:40 (Ref:3713080)   #2972
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I've noticed quite a few fans at the Road America and Mid Ohio PWC events sporting Corvette racing gear. I figure that a lot of them are there to cheer on Johnny O.

Last edited by TRspitfirefan; 19 Feb 2017 at 02:04.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 02:02 (Ref:3713082)   #2973
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I love the sound of the Vette and always liked it, but not a particularly big fan of them. I think the Caddys are cool but they're just a bit too much rebadge for me. The GTE Vettes are the real deal. I think they get more respect because of that.
I didn't really like the old World Challenge CTS-Vs but the new GT3 ATS-V is another story. At last years Road America round my brothers and I watched one of the early practice sessions from the inside of Canada corner. The unburned fuel popping in the exhaust from the turbo V6s in the Caddys sounded like cannons going off. Especially since the two cars were running in tandem for most of the session. You could always tell when the Cadillacs were coming. It was pretty Awesome!
Old 19 Feb 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3713088)   #2974
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:

I used to be a huge fan of Corvette, cheered for them against Viper, Ferrari, Aston and cheered for them in the GT2/ALMS GT wars (Though I also liked teams like Acemco with the Saleen in GT1 and Falken, Lizards, Risi, etc. in GT2). Corvette Racing is what pulled me into the American Le Mans Series and sports car racing in general.

Over the last few years, though, my fandom for the Corvette Racing program has waned. Part of it was the result of working on too many GM cars in my job. Part of it was that the C7.R just doesn't appeal to me like the C6.R GT2, C6.R GT1 & even the C5.R. A lot of it was the fact that GM undervalued the car, it's fanbase, and racing fans' intelligence in general, by putting 'Corvette' decorations on the GM DPs. How are fans supposed to believe in a car that means so little to the people who make it? It's kind of like trying to survive the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

Today, I hardly pay any attention to Corvette. Maybe it's just that Corvettes don't really run in series I care about. I still love the cars, and I'd really like to see the Callaway C7 GT3 car run in PWC. As for the Cadillacs, I really like the ATS-V.R. As TR notes the exhaust note in Canada Corner is amazing. If I were making a list of favorite GT3 cars, Cadillac would probably be fourth or fifth after McLaren, Porsche & Bentley.
Whether that's because of my old loyalties to Johnny O and P&M, or simply because I like the car and Cadillac Racing team, I don't know.

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 19 Feb 2017 at 03:41.
Old 19 Feb 2017, 04:58 (Ref:3713095)   #2975
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
The people that thought the Corvette DP was an abomination, yet were totally cool with the Corvette GTP(including it's turbo V6 engine!) always make me laugh.