Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2009, 18:33 (Ref:2605181)   #1
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good Days Racing At Mallory Boxing Day.

Just returned from a very cold day out at Mallory Park this Boxing Day.
A mixture such as I havn't seen for many years, not unlike the old Formula Libre (everything all racing in one race at the same time), but great fun. Here's a picture of unlucky Geoff Davies from Walsall, who was shunted off.
Very cold, as I said, but really blew the cobwebs away.
Seasons Greetings to you all.
Attached Thumbnails
Christmas 2009 017.jpg  
Old 29 Dec 2009, 11:49 (Ref:2605925)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gerry, your enthusiasm is not in doubt, but whether it was a meeting for contemporary racing cars or historic ones, this isn't the right forum. So which was it, and I'll move it appropriately?
Old 4 Jan 2010, 19:38 (Ref:2608121)   #3
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
John, sincere apologies my friend ( I got carried away with the Christmas spirit). I will leave you with the decision as to where to place a picture of a mini clubman matey. I hope I am excused. The meeting was a complete mish-mash orgainised by BARC. I just went along to blow the cobwebs away. Anyway, sorry.
Thanks.
Old 4 Jan 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2608125)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
There's a thread in Nat and Club, it would be welcome there.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 23:22 (Ref:2610750)   #5
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Hi Tim, great. Would you be able to move it, or take it off?
Cheers.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 23:25 (Ref:2610753)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I can't move it from here, it's John's call.
Old 10 Jan 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2611252)   #7
Brian George
Rookie

England
Grantham
Brian George should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just come across this if you saw the mini being shunted off then I must have been going in reverse the wrong way around the hair
pin the damage to my Jag was on the off side rear & the nini sorry I mean't mini was on the front Brian George Jag No 3
Old 11 Jan 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2611584)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Looks like it's more relevant to Historic Racing Today.

I'll move it folks.

cheers
chunty
Old 11 Jan 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2611709)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
OK all me and Mrs Delta have been having a bit of an argument about Christmas next year. She wants to join her family in a house near Derby"three very bossy sisters"in a get together,i like to stay at home as I'm away so much in the year. Now I'm thinking Mallory Park, Derby not so far away. Cunning plan but looking at the write up this year did they have a single seater race?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2611787)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
did they have a single seater race?
Not this year. Instead there were open saloons and open sports car races.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2611815)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Cunning plan but looking at the write up this year did they have a single seater race?
They haven't had single-seater races for a couple of years - they were only getting half-a-dozen or so entries.
Old 21 Jan 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2616899)   #12
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian George View Post
Just come across this if you saw the mini being shunted off then I must have been going in reverse the wrong way around the hair
pin the damage to my Jag was on the off side rear & the nini sorry I mean't mini was on the front Brian George Jag No 3
Why on earth were you going in reverse the wrong way around the hair pin!!
In my experiance you will always end up with off side rear damage when you do that, especially in a Jaag

I really must get back to work.