Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Apr 2018, 16:49 (Ref:3812518)   #201
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Was it over an early payment or permission to use a prior year car?

not all together dissimilar I guess so yeah a bit of poetic justice. Still sad this is where Williams is at though.
The request was to be allowed to continue with an old car.To the best of my recollection this would have kept the entry alive and qualified the team for payment related to positions earned in previous seasons as well as giving the team some value should a potential buyer have materialised.The old car was never going to be competitive and was no threat to a serious team.If the team folded,the money would have been shared among the surviving teams.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ssia-return-f1
Old 3 Jun 2018, 22:30 (Ref:3826649)   #202
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems that Mallaya has finally resigned https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44323466

His legal problems continue.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 02:46 (Ref:3826666)   #203
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
It seems that Mallaya has finally resigned https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/44323466

His legal problems continue.
But stays as team boss
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...at-force-india

Snip
Vijay Mallya has resigned as a director of Force India and is expected to handed the board role to his son Siddarth, while he remains the team principal of the Silverstone outfit.
Old 4 Jun 2018, 13:22 (Ref:3826732)   #204
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
F1 has always been this. No, screw that, the whole of motor racing has always been like it. The pay drivers pay for the teams to develop a driver in the other seat, or to keep engineering talent employed, or simply cover the costs of the team running.

Look back over history and most years there are people bringing bags of gold. Stroll is quite good compared to the likes of Hector Rebaque, Giovanni Lavazzi, and that Israeli SAS guy who did Friday testing, so memorable I can't remember his name. Go back even further, Prince Bira immediately pre and post WW2 who burned a shed load of Siamese royal cash on motor racing.

Celebrate the pay drivers they mean the teams stay in business. This is a harsh world, someone has to sign the cheques. If it means we get only professional teams and avoid disasters like Andrea Moda Formula, Lola F1 and so on then it's got to be good.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Chanoch Nissany...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Jun 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3826807)   #205
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes or Stirling Mossad as some journalists referred to him
Old 10 Jun 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3828088)   #206
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
William Storey - CEO - Rich Energy: "In light of ill-informed media speculation and certain external moves to destabilise the team, I can confirm that Rich Energy made an official offer to buy Force India Formula 1 team at the end of April.

"This offer was accepted in principle, and we are close to finalising purchase with SPA.

"We have deposited funds considerably in excess of the purchase price and will invest an additional eight-figure amount in the team."

The story of Rich Energy's interest in Force India has been around since December last year. At least now it's confirmed, and that an offer was made.

Old 10 Jun 2018, 15:14 (Ref:3828106)   #207
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who is Rich Energy? I've seen a few tweets and teaser parts about them taking over a team but nothing about who they are. Outside of a single post saying nothing would change it's owned by Mallaya but nothing to back up that claim.
Old 10 Jun 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3828118)   #208
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just an energy drink company. Nothing special.

Here's an article debunking the claims from Rich.

http://www.f1i.com/news/306771-force...uy-rumors.html
Old 10 Jun 2018, 20:20 (Ref:3828182)   #209
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, if you read that article thoroughly then you will see that it actually says very little.

Fernley says that he isn't aware of any purchase discussions, but then adds that he probably wouldn't anyway, because he deals with team issues but ownership matters would be dealt with by the shareholders. Leaving one to assume that a) he isn't a shareholder and b) Mallya and co. don't necessarily keep him in the loop.

Then we move onto Mallya himself. Although he denies it, I believe that it is an open secret that both he and Roy (Sahara) want to sell the team. Roy in particular is in desperate need of cash to bail himself out prison, but hasn't been able to raise sufficient funds. And Mallya needs money to continue the lifestyle that he has become accustomed to, and also to finance his legal battle to thwart extradition and prison in India.

Not saying that I believe Storey's story, but I certainly wouldn't take Mallya's word as gospel either.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 01:29 (Ref:3828240)   #210
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Well, if you read that article thoroughly then you will see that it actually says very little.

Fernley says that he isn't aware of any purchase discussions, but then adds that he probably wouldn't anyway, because he deals with team issues but ownership matters would be dealt with by the shareholders. Leaving one to assume that a) he isn't a shareholder and b) Mallya and co. don't necessarily keep him in the loop.

Then we move onto Mallya himself. Although he denies it, I believe that it is an open secret that both he and Roy (Sahara) want to sell the team. Roy in particular is in desperate need of cash to bail himself out prison, but hasn't been able to raise sufficient funds. And Mallya needs money to continue the lifestyle that he has become accustomed to, and also to finance his legal battle to thwart extradition and prison in India.

Not saying that I believe Storey's story, but I certainly wouldn't take Mallya's word as gospel either.
I'm glad you read that the same way I did, seemed like a lot of nothing. Both sides haven't said anything real so we know as much as we did 6 months ago when they first hinted at buying a team.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 14:55 (Ref:3828434)   #211
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mallya giving up his board seat to his son does add another interesting wrinkle to all of this.

Roy might need to get out but Vijay, to me at least (and despite his legal and financial troubles), has always seemed to take great pride in this team and has held on considerably longer then anyone would have guessed.

obviously just total speculation on my part, but i dont see him selling out completely unless the issue is being made for him.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3828443)   #212
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, Mallya is just a little better off than being under house arrest. He cannot travel outside of the UK, and has had to surrender his travel documents. And the Indian government are still trying to extradite him, and have also requested that all his assets be sequestered in the UK.

My guess is that he wants to sell up at FI and be paid outside of the UK somewhere were the Indian authorities can't find it.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 15:42 (Ref:3828446)   #213
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yes but i would imagine he still thinks of himself as the 'king of good times' and he cant be that anymore if he sells up!

we cannot underestimate this guys massive ego.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3828453)   #214
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just to add some confusion, Michael Moll (who owned the previous Spyker version of Force India) is still a (I believe 15%) shareholder of Force India. So he would also be part of any shareholder negotiations. I understand Sahara and Vijay both own 42.5% each, with the remaining 15% Moll.
Old 11 Jun 2018, 16:14 (Ref:3828457)   #215
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
True, but I have my doubts that he will even appear at the British GP, the only one that he can attend. Since the last event at Silverstone, he has been in virtual hiding on his estate in Oxfordshire, rarely even going to his London residence.

Life is not what it was once for Mallya, what with his airline and his alcohol businesses gone.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 23:28 (Ref:3828756)   #216
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure Force India have enough to survive
Old 15 Jun 2018, 12:09 (Ref:3829658)   #217
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Onto the next rumoured buyer....

Force India F1 Team > Andretti Autosport F1 Team?

Mercedes 'B' team using Mercedes components?

Ocon & Rossi as drivers?

Old 16 Jun 2018, 01:11 (Ref:3829807)   #218
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
"Visits to Liberty Media and Force India suggested that they were there to sniff around and see if a deal could be put together to acquire the troubled team."
https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/18632

Quote:
"You can buy a team that’s capable of finishing fourth and being on the podium but spend the least. So if you’re coming into Formula One and you want to own a team, who do you look at first?
"Where are you going to go? Are you going to go buy Ferrari, Mercedes or Red Bull?"
https://in.reuters.com/article/motor...-idINKBN1JB1BA

Old 5 Jul 2018, 14:40 (Ref:3834817)   #219
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So are Rich Energy any closer?

They have now posted a short video about it

https://www.facebook.com/RichEnergy/...8542178223612/
Attached Thumbnails
96798B10-B23D-46CE-BE9F-FE68DAF69E04.png  
Old 5 Jul 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3834832)   #220
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It almost seems to me like they are trying to get the free publicity like Aston Martin. Claim an attachment and it's possible we're buying a team, maybe it will happen but watch this space. I hadn't heard of them before these tweets so it could be decent guerrilla marketing. Until Force India threatens them with a cease and desist order for having to constantly deny the sale is close.
Old 5 Jul 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3834844)   #221
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really would like to see Andretti/Rossi/The US consortium buying Force India
Old 5 Jul 2018, 18:25 (Ref:3834870)   #222
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
I really would like to see Andretti/Rossi/The US consortium buying Force India
Could they come close? Andretti seems to be trying to race the Penske way, find sponsors to pay him and make a profit on racing. But then he appeared out of nowhere as a potential owner when he bought in to Kim Green's team so stranger things have happened, but a CART team in 2002 has to be cheaper than F1.
Old 6 Jul 2018, 00:53 (Ref:3834918)   #223
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Could they come close? Andretti seems to be trying to race the Penske way, find sponsors to pay him and make a profit on racing. But then he appeared out of nowhere as a potential owner when he bought in to Kim Green's team so stranger things have happened, but a CART team in 2002 has to be cheaper than F1.
Mr Haas wasn’t a consistent success in NASCAR until Mr Stewart showed up with his posse of smart people and financial connections.

Perhaps Mr Andretti would find a welcome ear over there at HaasF1?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Jul 2018, 15:10 (Ref:3835436)   #224
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Onto the next rumoured buyer....

Force India F1 Team > Andretti Autosport F1 Team?

Mercedes 'B' team using Mercedes components?

Ocon & Rossi as drivers?

Yes, you want Pedro on the team...
Old 19 Jul 2018, 13:43 (Ref:3837510)   #225
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another potential buy-out, another potential name-change, this would be the 4th and if that won't be an all-time record then I don't know what will.

Tags
diageo, force india, formula 1