Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Aug 2003, 16:34 (Ref:678782)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The future of Formula 3000

Well, there has been much speculation about what will happen in 2004, so I thought I'd propose my own solution.

Firstly, I think the FIA should can F3000 in its present form, and reach an agreement with the organisers of the Superfund World Series that it should run to its current regulations but under the banner of Formula 2. The regs should be set for 2004 and 2005, but for 2006 the chassis and engine contracts should be put up for tender, or else the formula should be made free so that anyone can build a chassis or engine.

Secondly, I think that, while F2 should run at GP weekends, there should also be a couple of rounds away from the F1 circus in order to establish the series with an independent identity. A calendar could therefore look something like this:

Estoril
Imola (if the GP survives)
Catalunya
Nurburgring
Monte Carlo
Magny Cours
Silverstone
Hockenheim
Zandvoort
Hungaroring
Spa-Francorchamps
Monza
Jerez

You could limit the grid to, say, 24 cars, in order to make places on it valuable, and if you wanted to do something really innovative you could introduce a rule that a driver could do no more than 3 full seasons in F2 (though I'm not sure about that; it's just a discussion point).

At any event, something has to be done.
Old 3 Aug 2003, 18:43 (Ref:678855)   #2
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yea,interesting idea!
I think that this is it for Euro3000 at the end of the season and Draco is already thinking about a return to the International series.If Euro3000 indeed dies after the current season,it would be really nice to see the well functioning Euro teams (Draco,JVA,ADM) becoming FIA teams. That could save F3000 racing in 2004.