Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Aug 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2750613)   #1
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Moto GP, Round 11 - Indy

Back to racing after a couple of weeks off. The Lorenzo domination rolls into Indy. Considering how good he was here last year, I don't see him losing this one. But I do suspect that Pedrosa will give it a good try. I'm still not convinced that Rossi can do it yet, and Stoner will be hit or miss depending upon the new fork he will be using. Spies, Hayden and Dovi will be best of the rest.

Moto 2 should continue to be totally unpredictable, but Elias is looking better and better for the maiden title.

In 125 it's Spanish mania gone overload.

Too bad the track cannot live up to the iconic location.
Old 26 Aug 2010, 19:54 (Ref:2750757)   #2
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats the TV schedule? Eurosport doing Friday practice as per usual?
Old 27 Aug 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2751217)   #3
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, it has been on Eurosport as per normal and as we are back in the USA we back to USA time zones but in my case better ones.we had someone else in the box tonight, i better get the Sunday times out of the way. we start at 4.45pm with the 125cc race then at 6.00pm Moto2 and at 8.00pm Motogp.
Old 28 Aug 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2751484)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This track just sucks!
Old 28 Aug 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2751547)   #5
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
This track just sucks!

Its not the best track out there is it!

Nice to see big Ben on the top. And Scott doing well in moto2
Old 28 Aug 2010, 23:57 (Ref:2751594)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This track just sucks!
Not been around here much but sure you can never expect too much from a roval. Still, I look forward to big event on American soil, unless the venue is complete crap.

Q-ing airing on SPEED in less than 5.
Old 29 Aug 2010, 00:14 (Ref:2751595)   #7
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You have to wonder, with Rossi going, has Spies got the good bits, or even a complete factory bike as his improvement has come at the time Vale announced his departure for the Red Bikes.

Jeff

Old 29 Aug 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2751833)   #8
Axelfoley
Rookie

Ireland
Ireland
Axelfoley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any online streams to watch this live?
Old 29 Aug 2010, 17:35 (Ref:2751835)   #9
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the euro sport people were confused when the red flag came out in Moto2. but i think i know the reason, too many bikes for the US marshals to deal with!
Old 29 Aug 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2751839)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moto2: "I've never seen two such neighbourly piles of crashed motorcycles" classic quote Jack on Eurosport!
Old 29 Aug 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2751869)   #11
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

Tony Elias is a 'kin hero.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2752281)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghinzani View Post
Tony Elias is a 'kin hero.
I wonder if it's true that he turned down a Tech 3 ride next year because they didn't want to pay him his asking sallary? Is he mad!
Old 30 Aug 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2752333)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Elias has never, ever been consistent on a MotoGP bike and would not be nowadays either.

He suits the moto2 machine far better. IN GP, unless he gets what he wants he is midfield and what team is going to want that, mind you rumour seems to be swinging back towards Edwards which is about as dumb as it gets!! As he has been wasting that seat for years.

Enjoyed the race actually, Spies was superb and Vale looked to be getting there again, did anyone esle notice he looked totally spent in the garage!! I think he is far more worse for wear than he is letting on.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2752340)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I had a hard time watching it. The front six strung out much faster than I thought they would. But Spies did a fair job at the front. Dang though, did you see how Pedrosa just blew by him on the straight? Spies joked that Dani already had the 1,000cc engine! I love how our local commentators didn't figure out that Hayden had lost his knee puck until the last two or three laps. Hello, it was just hanging there! As for Rossi, I half thought he was going to hunt Lorenzo down after getting past Dovi, but no such luck. He is for sure not quite at peak form yet.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2752349)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting comments yet again from Vale after the race about TC and electronics.

He is getting a bit vociferous about this now and its becoming more regular. I am hopeful that the powers listen. PLease Ezpeleta, have the balls to go against the Big Four and ban this disgrace of an expense that ruins our racing.

Not that it means he will start winning but the show is bad! Was interesting to note that on Sunday a few riders were really spinning it up in the spinny turns, notably Dovi, Casey and Dani a bit. But it seems they tune this into their settings. Others were as in line as a 125.

If you watched and listened to Jorge and Vale, their TC was cutting in so much and so early, really sad to see a riders ability inhibited so much.

Sad to say I was watching a BSS race at Cadwell today and the top guys were all stuttering out of the tight bends on TC, totally pointless and very boring. No wonder that class is dead on its arse

I know I would rather crash on the front than the rear but we don't see that many less highsides as a result, what we do see now is loads of front end tucks, loads of hand and finger pain and also bikes that are simply over so far the slightest bump unloads the front.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 19:50 (Ref:2752397)   #16
2000yellow360
Racer

United States
California
2000yellow360 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that Vale and Ben traded bikes, but kept their glass. LOL Of course Ben is getting works bikes, and Vale isn't getting updates to his. Look at their trap speeds, that is the tip off.

Art
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2752436)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000yellow360 View Post
I think that Vale and Ben traded bikes, but kept their glass. LOL Of course Ben is getting works bikes, and Vale isn't getting updates to his. Look at their trap speeds, that is the tip off.

Art
I thought so to, but the data doesn't flesh that out.

Lrzo. – 312.5 – 311.1 – 311.0 – 309.9 – 309.6 – 310.8 Avg.
Rossi – 308.7 – 308.4 – 308.3 – 308.0 – 307.7 – 308.1 Avg.
Spies – 306.6 – 305.9 – 305.9 – 305.3 – 305.3 – 305.8 Avg.
Edw. – 306.1 – 305.5 – 305.3 – 305.2 – 305.1 – 305.4 Avg.

The only for sure is, nobody has the horsepower Dani has.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 20:59 (Ref:2752441)   #18
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
As an aside, 13 year old Peter Lenz crashed on the warm-up lap of the second USGPRU support race and was struck by another rider. He later succumbed to his injuries. RIP

http://www.peterlenz.com/
Attached Thumbnails
555.jpg  
Old 31 Aug 2010, 06:09 (Ref:2752554)   #19
Jeff 8
Racer

Australia
Sydney, Australia
Jeff 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The only for sure is, nobody has the horsepower Dani has.

With Dani's size advantage it wouldn't need to be a lot of horsepower.

Jeff

Old 31 Aug 2010, 07:33 (Ref:2752572)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
If you noticed Dani had a huge advantage out of the tight last bend, he was taking tenths per lap there from people. And in all honesty he is not massively lighter than Jorge Casey or some of the others

You can't really fault him, Honda are just building a bike that suits him and he has managed to get a lot better on the brakes and on his style to exploit his bike.

Far more obvious is the speed deficit guys like Redding and Iannone are struggling with on the Moto2 bikes. They really need a weight equaliser thijg as there is in 125 as the difference was so obvious
Old 31 Aug 2010, 10:56 (Ref:2752662)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Think Indy was a boring track...
Old 1 Sep 2010, 04:32 (Ref:2752997)   #22
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
As an aside, 13 year old Peter Lenz crashed on the warm-up lap of the second USGPRU support race and was struck by another rider. He later succumbed to his injuries. RIP
damn

younger than my son.....(wouldnt make a diff if he was 13 or 23, terrible to see news of something so serious)

my thoughts go out to his family.

ps, just read that Colin Edwards knew the family, that must have been a real kick in the gut for him, and I wonder how it was part of his psyche with him retiring and his comments in the pit after pulling in the second time (put it this way, reading this about him knowing the family seems to put things together to how his demeanor was with the race and pulling out--he has kids and i am sure that it hit him harder than other riders without children, I know it would me)

Last edited by djb; 1 Sep 2010 at 04:40.