Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Feb 2004, 10:22 (Ref:868012)   #1
dynamicDynamo
Rookie

dynamicDynamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Test days/Drive days

When will AVESCO scrutinise "drive days" as pathetic excuses for teams to "test"
Old 9 Feb 2004, 11:08 (Ref:868063)   #2
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drive days are supervised, I hope (I have seen an AVESCO person at a drive day), and the car is only permitted to do a quick warm up and then has to run passengers so having that extra 60-130kg in the passenger seat would mean any data gained would not be of much value except for the sponsor dollar or publicity gain.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 12:23 (Ref:868136)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually attending a drive day would have to be the most boring day a driver and/or a team can ever go thru.

Fill the car with people, take the pics, close the door, start the beast, one warmup, one 8/10ths flyer, one cool down, get everyone out of the car, get the pics.... check the tyre pressures... go again...

... on and on and on... till the ride car is almost out of juice, and they use the old fuel churns to throw another 40L of Shell's finest aboard...

Dont get me wrong, the passengers love the experience, but I doubt the driver or the team gets a lot out of it.

No data systems on, no tyre pyrometers, no telemetry, nothing....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Feb 2004, 20:29 (Ref:868712)   #4
Adam Ronke
Racer

Australia
Between Winton & Wakefield
Adam Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The amount of "drive days" are limited and generally are scrutinised by TEGA representatives. I also believe that AVESCO are limiting these days to venues that they have nominated for testing, I am not 100% sure about this though. In the past teams use to test at Winton and hold "drive days" at Calder or Phillip Island.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 11:21 (Ref:869303)   #5
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
Actually attending a drive day would have to be the most boring day a driver and/or a team can ever go thru.

I doubt the driver or the team gets a lot out of it
If anyone finds driving a race car for very good money ho hum, they should find themselves something else to fill their days.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 11:27 (Ref:869312)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not quite what I meant... the driver cant push the car to the limit, they have 2 other people in the car... the possibility of incident is always in the back of the mind... can be a very stressful day.
Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:15 (Ref:870358)   #7
dynamicDynamo
Rookie

gtr made an invalid point......most drive days i have worked at include data and fitting of components repetitivley.
why dont most people on this forum see through you...you speak untruth
Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:38 (Ref:870389)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Well that hardly makes them drivedays under the full interpretation of the rules now does it.

Care to name names?
Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:40 (Ref:870391)   #9
dynamicDynamo
Rookie

m a l l a l a
Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:43 (Ref:870395)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Gee, that was great. We have already picked that you are anti-Dynamik for some reason, so that was a huge shock to the system.

If you are so concerned by it, why arent you making representations to TEGA to complain?

Or is this just more spin?
Old 11 Feb 2004, 09:54 (Ref:870411)   #11
cattle ruster
Rookie

cattle ruster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DD makes me laugh gtr....isnt that a part of life......unless you are so heavily involved in v8's.....how do you seem to know so much.....or do you?
Old 11 Feb 2004, 11:21 (Ref:870499)   #12
smiddy972
Rookie

smiddy972 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seriously doubt dynamik would be as stupid as that. They sure would be in big trouble if they were testing on ride days. I am also sure Paul Taylor would have had Avesco representation at their ride days.