Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Nov 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3783517)   #31
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not a smoker (apart from the odd cigar), but, boy, do I miss the Marlboro McLarens and Penskes.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 16:04 (Ref:3783518)   #32
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to Ferrarichat, Ferrari sells all the space to Philip Morris and they´re reselling it Santander, Shell, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted in Ferrarichat
You could almost say that Marlboro owns a F1 team just like Benetton did in the past, or Red Bull does now.

The fact that Arrivabene was put in charge is a clear indication of that.

When Benetton bought Toleman, they put a marketing man in charge: Flavia Briatore.
When Philip Morris took charge of the Scuderia, they threw away the existing Ferrari management and put one of their marketing executives at the head.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3783529)   #33
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I suppose that Philip Morris benefit from the 'association' with Ferrari? I think that they also take a lot of corporate guests to the Grand Prix thereby enforcing the association.
How Ferrari gets away with it however is a completely different thing altogether!
certainly they are working the B2B angle with corporate guests etc (plus for all the other brands controlled by the Altria Group) and are no doubt still doing a lot of direct advertising in non western and emerging markets...where they are still making a killing (literally).

i suspect they get away with it because of the above mentioned loophole plus they still have deep pockets and are willing to pay their lawyers to fight any and every injunction that comes their way.

and i wonder how much any EU (or any western gov't) watch group is willing or even capable of spending to fight against this last holdout?