Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the final Grand Prix of 2017?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 4 7.84%
6 4 7.84%
5 8 15.69%
4 7 13.73%
3 11 21.57%
2 6 11.76%
1 11 21.57%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3783262)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

England
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsteve_r should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
dull track, not worthy of the season finale. If the battle for 13th is the hilight, then that speaks volumes. 3 from me.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:44 (Ref:3783267)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gave it a 1 and that's being generous, fireworks doesn't really excite me as I'm not a child anymore.

There was apparently a race happening as well, but to be honest, I've coughed up racier stuff than that.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3783271)   #18
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
6 for the race.
10 for the breakfast I made
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3783286)   #19
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardRenes View Post
1 as i couldn't select 0.
+1
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3783292)   #20
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Well the drivers agree. In the cool-down room, they were vocal about the track having to change so that they can actually race on it.
It really is a poor track. It's flaws are well documented. There's scope to change it e.g. bypass that chicane before the hairpin that makes no sense whatsoever as it turns an obvious overtaking spot into simply a hairpin.

There's never been anything approaching a good race on this hen run.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3783293)   #21
TrapezeArtist
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
You're a miserable bunch........

As usual discounting all the "clever" comments about sleeping through it because (if true) you've no idea what the race was like.

Sure it wasn't a wheel banging battle at the front, although if you were monitoring the live timing there was a constant battle going on as the two leaders swapped fastest sectors and laps, and some distance away Verstappen was keeping Kimi honest, although neither Ferrari nor Red Bull seemed to be able to compete with the Mercs - except near the end of the race when Vettel mysteriously started matching the leaders' pace.

Further down the field some good scraps (Massa / Alonso, Stroll / Grosjean and even at the back of the field) livened things up.

A bit of an end-of-term feel about it, but nothing to warrant the miserable reactions so far, guys, IMHO. Maybe you want to go back to cars crashing in flames to liven things up?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:58 (Ref:3783300)   #22
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Kiribati
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
5 and only by Mercs dominance and quite Hulkenberg performance.
Aside that was quite... ehm...
Old 27 Nov 2017, 00:59 (Ref:3783326)   #23
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
As I was watching it on the box in the UK and not in Spain I was more interested in keeping my wood burning stove loaded up, nice and warm 28c. Oh the race ! I did see a few laps but it was a bit like "Groundhog Day"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Nov 2017, 02:58 (Ref:3783341)   #24
JeremySmith
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Abu Dhabi is a very pretty looking gin palace that does not produce good racing for current F1 cars... I gave it a 3..
Old 27 Nov 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3783400)   #25
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Spalding, Lincolnshire
John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!John Turner is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
You're a miserable bunch........

As usual discounting all the "clever" comments about sleeping through it because (if true) you've no idea what the race was like.

Sure it wasn't a wheel banging battle at the front, although if you were monitoring the live timing there was a constant battle going on as the two leaders swapped fastest sectors and laps, and some distance away Verstappen was keeping Kimi honest, although neither Ferrari nor Red Bull seemed to be able to compete with the Mercs - except near the end of the race when Vettel mysteriously started matching the leaders' pace.

Further down the field some good scraps (Massa / Alonso, Stroll / Grosjean and even at the back of the field) livened things up.

A bit of an end-of-term feel about it, but nothing to warrant the miserable reactions so far, guys, IMHO. Maybe you want to go back to cars crashing in flames to liven things up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Agree with both of you. I thought there was a lot of interesting stuff going on and more so than in some of the other races this season, but then I stayed awake, paid attention and actually enjoyed it. I gave it 7, which is high for me.
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 27 Nov 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3783420)   #26
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5 from me (a low score on my record). Just enough interest to keep me out of the kitchen but I went to get the day's roast dinner ready as soon as the flag dropped.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3783442)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
7, some good chases, but apart from Grosjean, not much overtaking
Old 27 Nov 2017, 11:07 (Ref:3783448)   #28
Alan52
Veteran

Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Well the drivers agree. In the cool-down room, they were vocal about the track having to change so that they can actually race on it.
Last year's race was fantastic.This was the worst race in this era of F1.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 11:56 (Ref:3783459)   #29
loon
Rookie

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's all down to tree's, the more trees around a circuit the better the racing appears to be so my answer to F1 dullness is plant more tree's
Old 27 Nov 2017, 19:56 (Ref:3783576)   #30
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!Purist has a real shot at the championship!
I gave it a 5; I suppose there was enough going on to give it that, but yeah, overtaking department wasn't great. The first portion felt kind of weird, as I'd just finished watching the Supercars madness from Newcastle.

Three basic things for the track:
1. Bypass that silly chicane before the hairpin.
2. Turn that "chicane" between the two back stretches into a 90-degree left and a right-hand sweep to rejoin the exiting course just slightly down that second stretch.
3. Simply have the one DRS zone on that second stretch, or maybe the pit straight needs it more.