Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Nov 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3783256)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
New F1 Logo

We have had the speculation about it and now here it is

The full corporate edition....

Click image for larger version

Name:	formula-1-new-logo.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	50766

And how its currently being used by Formula1.com on their twitter feed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New logo usage.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	50767
This may of course vary if there is to be a new set of associated graphics etc.

So what do we really think now that's it is official... simple and effective or cheap and nasty?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3783261)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i like it a lot. it's simple, straightforward, fits in with a lot of massive company branding and is easy to use. the previous one was very hard to integrate into modern graphics and fonts (even from when it was new), and didn't really fit the identity of the series. ultimately it doesn't affect the racing, but it affects the branding and the way the series can be promoted.

the fandom outrage has been quite amusing and almost all focussed on "I DON'T LIKE CHANGE". i get the shortcomings from a design perspective but nobody seems to have any better ideas... or they're not willing to share them lest their work be stolen.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3783265)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Agreed. Has a simple and clean look. Sort of retro even. I like it more then the current one to be honest.

But is it a little too 'Force Indiaish'?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 20:57 (Ref:3783270)   #4
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Amazing. F1 is now fixed.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3783272)   #5
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The horizontal bars of the F are too long, therefore the logo is too wide.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3783275)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks like a fake clip art version of the ESPN logo, made in Word Art '97.

I don't like it but I'm not overly fussed, there's not many series with nice logos at the moment. LM24 one is quite nice, I like negative space use.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3783276)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!chillibowl is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
It looks like a fake clip art version of the ESPN logo, made in Word Art '97.
Perhaps a conscience decision to align the logo, and ultimately the sport, with ESPN and ultimately it's streaming platform.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3783278)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Amazing. F1 is now fixed.
i don't think anyone is suggesting anything like that...
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:22 (Ref:3783282)   #9
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Considering I'm precisely as old as the previous F1 logo and I've been following the sport since my memory began, it's probably not a good thing that it took me best part of 20 years to have my "oooooooooooh - there's an invisibe '1' in the middle!" moment.

Although perhaps that says more about me than the F1 logo...

Either way, considering these things usually take some getting used to, the fact I instantly recognise it as Formula-Oney must be a good thing.

In truth, they can change the logo all they like, I'll never forgive them for replacing this before the start of each Grand Prix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgiBkydMW8k
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:36 (Ref:3783285)   #10
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Who cares, honestly. It still just says "F1."
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3783287)   #11
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Agreed. Has a simple and clean look. Sort of retro even. I like it more then the current one to be honest.

But is it a little too 'Force Indiaish'?
Any Force India connotations are rendered obsolete when they change name. Overall, seems like a good design. Simple enough to work across many platforms, translates to monochrome well, and gives the impression of a 'racing line' through a curve.
If a new logo was needed to signify a change in regime, then this seems to fit the bill nicely.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 22:42 (Ref:3783291)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Kiribati
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It reminds more the door windows of a sportscar like a Lamborghini Countach or a DeLorean, or a part of a street track...
Old 26 Nov 2017, 23:28 (Ref:3783308)   #13
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Looks like 2 dachshunds trying to get through a cat door.
I wonder how many squillions they paid for that?.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 23:42 (Ref:3783314)   #14
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!ScotsBrutesFan has a real shot at the championship!
For me it's indistinct. It looks like a logo for a company that has the initials rrI or FrI where the F is made using the lesser "r"

If it's clearly be a number 1 then it should have the flick at he top as a minimum even if a "base" isn't in keeping with the overall design

I'm sure that we will all get used to it, but for the "pinnacle of motorsport" to have a logo that's not sharp clear and instantly recognisable as being F1 is inexcusable.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 23:47 (Ref:3783316)   #15
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently, the Australian GP Corporation now needs to find an extra few hundred thousand dollars to re-do most of their 2018 'F1' branded signage, etc. for the next race!

Communication people, communication.