Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: how many f1 races did you watch live this season?
all of them 6 13.04%
about 75% of them 14 30.43%
one or two 7 15.22%
none 9 19.57%
all the races covered live on free tv 6 13.04%
all the races i didn't have to get up early to see 4 8.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Nov 2017, 21:18 (Ref:3783589)   #16
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't see any of them live, but, as a Sky subscriber, I was able to catch up with either the highlights or full race replays of most. What I did do 'though on a couple of free Sundays was to have the 5Live radio coverage on through a single earpiece while out for a bike ride.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3783591)   #17
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Back in the Schumacher era, I watched every race live, even Canada and Brazil which over here come on at about 5am in NZ.

These days, not a chance. I'll watch most races which come on at midnight here, but I'm not waiting till 1am and I'm definitely not getting up before 8am. There's no point seeing the races live anymore because they don't have free timing & scoring on the website. Now you've got to pay for it and it's only an app so I don't imagine I'd even be able to track the full field on a stupid little cellphone sized screen.

Plus the cars and Merc dominance has made F1 pretty dull.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 21:36 (Ref:3783594)   #18
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Live? I’m not sure. Half of them? That depends If you count watching with a slight delay.

They tend to be on i the middle of the day when I’m doing something.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 21:52 (Ref:3783598)   #19
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watched some races live before the start and after the end of the UK motorsport season.
During April-October I'm usually at a track so record the races and usually watch as live. If I've found out the result beforehand then highlights and FF will do.
Don't bother with FPs, sometimes will record qually highlights and my race watching starts 5 minutes before the start and finishes before the awful podium interviews.
Since we have Sky that is the coverage I watch.

I used to watch 75%+ races live or listen to live radio commentary but gave that up around the time I stopped going to GPs (2006).
We had Bernievision via Sky for the one season it was on and watching free practice was new and fresh. 15+ years later it's same old same every event. Even Martin's gridwalk has no interest now.

The household will watch far more rugby and other sport than F1, even other motorsport will have more airtime than GP coverage.
Old 27 Nov 2017, 22:54 (Ref:3783613)   #20
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
None o the poll options quite covered me, but I watched less than half of the races this year (I watched the first 4-5 races, then one or two throughout the season, and then the season-ending race).

The ones I watched, I watched live. I can't bring myself to watch a race the next day or whatever when I've already had the results spoiled for me.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 05:14 (Ref:3783680)   #21
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watch all races on dvr. I also record and watch fp2 and qualifying. The move to ESPN is likely to hinder my viewing of f1 overall. I imagine fp2 and qualifying will be on espn3 only, meaning i will probably miss most if not all of those sessions. Man the loss of nbcsn is gonna hurt...
Old 28 Nov 2017, 06:05 (Ref:3783693)   #22
Number4
Racer

England
The Dead South
Number4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This F1 season has been a great cure for my insomnia, and I finish the year feeling younger, fresher, and fighting fit. I only managed to stay awake through two races, the rest either sent me to sleep or just the idea of watching them sent me to sleep. Show me just a few moments of the pre-first-practice-warm-up-show and my lights go out.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 06:06 (Ref:3783694)   #23
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I watched all the races I didn't sleep through.
The other ones I fell asleep while on the second bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 06:33 (Ref:3783699)   #24
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, SA
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only race I missed watching live was Hungary, which I recorded and watched, unspoiled the next day.

Which was also the first race since falling asleep during the 2002 Malaysian GP that I've missed watching live.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 08:26 (Ref:3783706)   #25
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!VIVA GT has a real shot at the championship!
I recorded the C4 coverage of every qualifying and race and watched it when I could. A lot of the races being in the middle of Saturday/Sunday would have seriously interfered with family time. Another advantage of recording is the ability to fast forward through the preamble (and the adverts) so I can just watch the action. My favourite races were the ones shown really early in the morning so I could get up before everyone else had, enjoy them (still recorded for the reasons above) without spoiling the family weekend.
Race highlights that were shown late on Sunday night I'd avoid anything that would tell me the result, and get up early on Monday morning and watch before coming to work.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3783744)   #26
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Loughborough
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I honestly can't remember. I know I watched Abu Dhabi, Brazil and the British GP but I think I watched the rest on the DVR having recorded them. Quite a number I didn't watch at all, despite them being recorded.

I plead other motorsport commitments, in the main, but I've definitely lost the obsessive streak I used to have.
Old 28 Nov 2017, 20:18 (Ref:3783845)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would vote for a none of the above option if I could.

Let's see Russia I watched live from halfway, the rest that I watched in full live were Baku, Silverstone, Malaysia and Abu Dhabi. If the BTCC was on, F1 would be watched later.

I managed to listen to Spain, Canada and possibly Monza (can't remember TBH!) live on the radio. And the only race I watched in highlights without even knowing who won before I watched was Austria funnily enough
Old 28 Nov 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3783855)   #28
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Watched all of the free ones on channel 4 but some i wish i had not bothered with, especially the last one.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3783907)   #29
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a friend has Sky we tend to go round to his for all the socially acceptably timed ones, making it a social occasion - bacon butties, or Pizza depending on the time of day, and possibly the odd beer. Others I've mainly caught with the C4 coverage recorded, particularly if its clashed with one of our own race weekends. Watched a few of the FP coverage when C4 have shown it.
Old 29 Nov 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3784006)   #30
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Watched all the Channel 4 races. Occasionally watched live on Now TV, which was normally 6.99 for 24 hours to Sky Sports but I got some gift card for christmas last year which covered some of those.

I also looked into bootleg streams this year and found that some of them are full HD that can cast to a chromecast. I was very pleased to find that an Indian sports channel used the C4 feed, which meant that I could watch the race live with DC and Ben and not have to listen to Croft and Kravitz.