1 6 9.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Oct 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3159648)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The race hosting fees only go up because Bernie says they have to. If he didn't put the prices up then the more "traditional" venues could still afford them easily. Didn't Singapore recently re-negotiate their contract to have a lower fee? I guess there though, Bernie kinda knows that its a unique race for the F1 calendar being set at night. Its quickly gained an iconic reputation, so the prospect of losing that race might have rung a bell in Bernie's head. I doubt he would have many problems ditching China, Bahrain, Korea, India, Abu Dhabi. However as long as the money keeps rolling in, I guess F1 will keep going there.
He'd have to find replacements to keep the money rolling in, if those races were to go. As it is, I'm sure Bahrain and Abu Dhabi are quite happy paying $25m to belong to the F1 Club, though I'm no too sure about China and what S. Korea gets out of it is anyone's guess.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 17:24 (Ref:3159658)   #52
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
dont disagree with you but my point was unless a GP happens to be very near to the city/venue you live in there are a lot more costs involved then just race tickets.

logically if sanctioning fees went down one would assume that there would be a corresponding decrease in ticket prices (wont happen because the promoters want to make money too). but if they did go down, one could also assume that more people would want to go but the knock on effect is that the other cost associated with attending (hotels,travel, parking, etc) will go up because of the increased demand.

for all intents and purposes im just saying that reducing sanctioning fees wont change the fact that going to a GP is an expensive proposition. the vast majority of fans will watch on TV no matter what. hence that argument 'there are no real F1 fans in that parts of the world' is not a valid complaint imo.

additionally the need for the money to roll in benefits the teams more than anyone other group...if several fly away races are whats needed to keep the teams out of the red then whats the problem?
Old 29 Oct 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3159682)   #53
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The race hosting fees only go up because Bernie says they have to. If he didn't put the prices up then the more "traditional" venues could still afford them easily. Didn't Singapore recently re-negotiate their contract to have a lower fee? I guess there though, Bernie kinda knows that its a unique race for the F1 calendar being set at night. Its quickly gained an iconic reputation, so the prospect of losing that race might have rung a bell in Bernie's head. I doubt he would have many problems ditching China, Bahrain, Korea, India, Abu Dhabi. However as long as the money keeps rolling in, I guess F1 will keep going there.
The fees go up to "pay off" CVC and co.. If only they were gone from our lives. Something is going to "give" in the next few years - this ludicrous expenditure can't go on.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3159808)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
7 for the opening lap.

2 for the rest.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 01:06 (Ref:3159878)   #55
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was torn about watching the race because I wanted to go moose hunting early in the morning and the race started at 0530hrs. So, the race was extremely boring and it was an easy decision to go for moose instead of watching the entire race. I rated it a 4 (from what I saw).
Old 30 Oct 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3160137)   #56
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I was torn about watching the race because I wanted to go moose hunting early in the morning and the race started at 0530hrs. So, the race was extremely boring and it was an easy decision to go for moose instead of watching the entire race. I rated it a 4 (from what I saw).
I feel sorry for the moose.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 14:16 (Ref:3160146)   #57
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I feel sorry for the moose.
I went for racing karts, it was a good weekend then, I rate it 8 - I didn't win.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3160358)   #58
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the moose can live a little longer....cuz I didn't see a thing.
Old 31 Oct 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3160716)   #59
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
Well, the moose can live a little longer....cuz I didn't see a thing.
That's good to know,