Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Oct 2012, 00:27 (Ref:3156154)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Michael Schumacher to V8 Supercars?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/motorspo...013-27jzx.html

how good would it be if the best pilot in the modern era were to race in our series, if he doesnt want to go to DTM, maybe a race in our International drivers being paired up with regular drivers at GoldCoast 600 would give him and maybe get him interested in staying for a full season.

Last edited by FAS33; 23 Oct 2012 at 00:36.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 00:40 (Ref:3156161)   #2
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It would be amusing to see David Coulthard join his 2nd cousin [?] Fabian as well. I know Schu has said he's jacked it in but a few one-offs for fun might perhaps be on the radar.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 01:05 (Ref:3156176)   #3
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
well the Gold Coast race is on October 25-27 2013, so if hes not busy during that time, theyll be some teams coming after him. he wont be if hes stays in F1 next year.
Old 23 Oct 2012, 02:56 (Ref:3156218)   #4
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good job on that article failing to mention 4 times Champ Car and ex F1 driver Bourdais and the current Indycar champ (no big names since Villenueve?), deciding to to mention David Brabham instead.

They could do with some bigger names though. Should definitely go after the likes of Stoner, Rossi, Loeb, some of the F1 sidelines would have been good options as well - Sutil, Alguesari, Buemi, hell if it's an off weekend, try for Ricciardo or Webber!

Schumacher shouldn't bother unless it's with Triple 8. I wouldn't unless it's with the fastest team (or FPR) so you actually stand a chance of winning.

That's the problem with some of these stars, they end up in a backmarker team and don't have much of a hope to come anywhere. Justin Wilson comes over to drive the car that Villeneuve had consistently dead last in every outing and sits 28th in points (though Murph did miss some rounds). Liuzzi wasn't likely to get anywhere with D'Alberto who's yet to muster a finish higher than 20th in points in 5 years of trying. So apart from seeing a nice city and having a holiday, is there much incentive?
Old 23 Oct 2012, 21:56 (Ref:3156720)   #5
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Marco Andrettis comment that because he had taken his girlfriend with him to the event the other drivers were criticising him for taking "sand to the beach" it would appear that it really is just a paid holiday !
Old 24 Oct 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3156946)   #6
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schumi should do the Indy 500...
Old 24 Oct 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3156983)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
If Michael won't do Le Mans because it's too dangerous, don't see him doing Indy.
Old 24 Oct 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3157195)   #8
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
he's on record saying he would never race US ovals because theyre way too dangerous ... would like to see him in a tourer (and hopefully he would be a bit more competitive than Ralf). Oddly enough, not many ex-F1 drivers succeed in tourers. Alan Jones had a little bit of success but by that time he was carrying his own significant weight penalty
Old 24 Oct 2012, 21:47 (Ref:3157220)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Mansell?
Old 25 Oct 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3157580)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah yes, Donington........
Old 25 Oct 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3157623)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
He should definitely stay away from motorcycle racing. He was never much good at that, either.

There must be several amateur German motorcycle racers who can genuinely say that they totally outclassed the seven time world champion on what was probably inferior machinery.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 10:01 (Ref:3157904)   #12
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael has said last week that he's not interrested in a proper post-F1 racing career: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103506

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
If Michael won't do Le Mans because it's too dangerous, don't see him doing Indy.
With the way he's driving, Indy was always going to be "too dangerous" for everyone involved... Indy is a whole different animal, you can't just block the other guy in the wall and get away with it.
Old 26 Oct 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3158106)   #13
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It would be amusing to see David Coulthard join his 2nd cousin [?] Fabian as well. I know Schu has said he's jacked it in but a few one-offs for fun might perhaps be on the radar.
One rumour is that he quit DTM for a Red Bull project...
Old 26 Oct 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3158143)   #14
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Despite what he's said, I do think he enjoys the sport too much to quit completely.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 00:16 (Ref:3158282)   #15
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ackcr0w View Post
Despite what he's said, I do think he enjoys the sport too much to quit completely.
Back to Karts me thinks - he loves them!
Old 27 Oct 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3158378)   #16
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
. Alan Jones had a little bit of success but by that time he was carrying his own significant weight penalty
Ahh, that's why Glenn Seton won the 93 atcc, after AJ got off to a good start.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3158385)   #17
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah yes, Donington........
Indeed, Mansell was stunning, until he crashed in 93 and had some awful outings in 98 at Brands and Silverstone but Donnington 98 did underline his potential. Schumacher i think would do very well.
Old 30 Oct 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3160142)   #18
miner
Rookie

miner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
Michael has said last week that he's not interrested in a proper post-F1 racing career: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103506
Oh no...I hope, he'll start something different. I made a bet with my friend and said that Michael could never resign from motosports completely. If I lose, I owe him one of the formula 1 TAG Heuer watches. So might say: GO MICHAEL!