Glock 0 0%
Karthikeyan 1 1.49%
Other 2 2.99%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 Oct 2012, 14:44 (Ref:3159007)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the Race - Indian Grand Prix

And the driver of the race award goes to...
Old 28 Oct 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3159012)   #2
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Alonso for me with HM to the Ten Tenths fave, Der Finger for his flawless drive despite issues.

It's killing me to admit that Alonso will need a Seb DNF to have any chance at WDC.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3159039)   #3
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
Alonso for me with HM to the Ten Tenths fave, Der Finger for his flawless drive despite issues.

It's killing me to admit that Alonso will need a Seb DNF to have any chance at WDC.
though Vettel only is where he is in the standings due to Alonso's two DNFs in Spa and Suzuka
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3159042)   #4
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
This was a tough one. Vettel drove an absolute Champion's race: He qualified on pole, controlled the start, got clear of the DRS gap time and controlled the race from the front. I could care less about what he says or does after winning. The man is absolutely showing that he can take a race by the neck and wring it out in his favor.

But then there is Alonso. Qualifies 5th with two of the better starters/competitors in the field directly in front of him. No whinging or kvetching. He just gets in the car and when the lights went off he splits the Mc's after nearly taking them both on the start. Then he puts his head down and makes his strategy work, passes on the track and through excellent pitwork and at the end of the race he was turning laps as fast or faster than Vettel. A drive from a master and true fighter. What an awesome end of the season we are being treated to!

For me, Alonso was the driver of the race, but boy, what drives to pick from!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3159047)   #5
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPP View Post
though Vettel only is where he is in the standings due to Alonso's two DNFs in Spa and Suzuka
One could make a similar point about Alonso only being where he is due to the problems Vettel had earlier in the season, along with those of Hamilton, etc.

The point is that each driver has to make the absolute maximum from every opportunity. Both drivers (particularly Alonso to my mind) have made the most of their opportunities. Neither has binned it through poor decision-making or lack of focus.

Two champions fighting it out to the end (I hope!). Can't wait for the next race...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3159052)   #6
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not to take anything away from the excellent performance of Vettel today, but I am going tot give it to Alonso. Mainly because he dragged the second fastest car to second place(with some help from a failed KERS on Webber's car - I accept) and 40 seconds in front of his teammate. A superb performance, and it shows you how talented he is.

I still don't think he'll take the WDC though.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3159061)   #7
NPP
Racer

Germany
Germany and UK
NPP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JohnSSC, I agree with most of what you say except your optimism about how the rest of the season will unfold. It seems to me that Vettel at the moment can just cruise away from the field and Alonso has to do something really special just to come second.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3159070)   #8
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Alonso for me - just never stops fighting. The gap to his team mate less of an issue to me as there were apparently a raft of new parts on Alonso's car only - & Massa didn't appear to have the same high gear for the DRS area.

Gotta admire Alonso (yet again) for the never say die approach and an almost mistake free drive.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3159072)   #9
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
Quote:
JohnSSC, I agree with most of what you say except your optimism about how the rest of the season will unfold. It seems to me that Vettel at the moment can just cruise away from the field and Alonso has to do something really special just to come second.
Valid point. But as we have seen, Alonso was in a good position and only needed solid finishes when Grosjean and Kimi had separate incidents with him that put him out of two races. I would no more assume Vettel will win than I would assume Alonso will lose - or vice versa.

Look at today when Maldonado was struggling with his car after the puncture and Seb came up on him quickly. There was no incident, obviously, but it shows that the unexpected may happen. It will be interesting for sure (for me at least) to see how this plays out over the remaining races.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3159079)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
alonso managed to keep in touch and therefore gets my vote
Old 28 Oct 2012, 17:42 (Ref:3159100)   #11
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I wasn't sure if I wanted to give this to Vettel or Alonso. Alonso did well, mainly by jumping the two McLarens at the beginning and then eventually getting Webber after he suffered KERS issues, but on the other hand Vettel was the unquestionably dominant driver of the entire weekend once again and I reckon being the uncontested best must count for something here.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3159109)   #12
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing drive from Alonso, I wish he let drives like this do the talking for the rest of the season The DVD footage of how he dealt with the two Mclarens should be the perfect Xmas gift for Maldonado

Honorable mention goes to Senna, an absolute mature, collected drive.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3159113)   #13
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
It has to be Alonso. His relentless consistency is amazing.

Glad to see Bruno getting some votes as well. His move on Kobayashi and Maldonado mid-race was really classy. It will be a travesty of justice if he is not in F1 next season.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 19:42 (Ref:3159161)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
iirc Alonso actually gained one of his wins and 25 points due to a Vettel DNF at Valencia.

They have both had 2 DNF's so its fairly even.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3159202)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Alonso cos he's Spanish "innit" !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Oct 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3159209)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
iirc Alonso actually gained one of his wins and 25 points due to a Vettel DNF at Valencia.

They have both had 2 DNF's so its fairly even.
Yeah true. And playing the "what if", if he had actually won that race with Alonso second, all he'd need to do is outscore Alonso by 5 points in Abu to take the title 2 races early. Only 2 points if Grosjean had finished 2nd, which he would have if the safety car hadn't intervened.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3159210)   #17
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel - faultless!

Honourable mention for sulky (Alonso), and nice try with the mind games!
You're wasting your time son Vettel won't crack!

Ditto Mr V above.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3159231)   #18
MJones94
Racer

United Kingdom
MJones94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, for doing the best that his car can do, and perhaps some more to boot.
Old 28 Oct 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3159245)   #19
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm generally inclined to give DOTR to the winner, because he is the only one to have achieved the objective. However, that is a bit boring and predictable so I also search to see if I can find someone else to give it to. This time, I think I can just about find the justification to award my personal DOTR to Alonso.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 03:38 (Ref:3159316)   #20
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso for me, Kudos to Webber too.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 04:28 (Ref:3159326)   #21
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I give the award to lap 1 of the race. That battle with Alonso and the Maccers was awesome.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 05:58 (Ref:3159339)   #22
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Webber cause hes aussie, and held off the british
Old 29 Oct 2012, 12:12 (Ref:3159484)   #23
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Alonso, relentless as always. Wrung a 2nd place out of a 4th or 5th place car.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 12:46 (Ref:3159498)   #24
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
What yesterday showed us is that the Red Bull is a winning car in Seb's hands and the Ferrari a podium car in Fernando's.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 13:40 (Ref:3159534)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
What yesterday showed us is that the Red Bull is a winning car in Seb's hands and the Ferrari a podium car in Fernando's.
I like the way you put it... so we have a fight for the championship up to the last race, or not.