Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jul 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2728526)   #1
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
007 up for sale?

Anyone want a Gulf painted Aston-Lola LMP1?

http://slicksandwings.com/index.php/...artin-lmp1-007

I just checked the kids piggy banks, and I can't afford it...
Old 18 Jul 2010, 23:34 (Ref:2728785)   #2
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Anyone want a Gulf painted Aston-Lola LMP1?

http://slicksandwings.com/index.php/...artin-lmp1-007

I just checked the kids piggy banks, and I can't afford it...
For that price somebody with a few dollars and no interest in being Walter Mitty would instantly be competitive in the ALMS LMP class.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 00:33 (Ref:2728805)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shook the couch and only $1.25 fell out, anybody know off a million to one lottery?? Would make the commute to work a little more fun, even if a little more painful.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 01:43 (Ref:2728818)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
This car will look good in HSR next year.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 03:10 (Ref:2728827)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wanted to see it this year while muddling about in the red clay (hopefully dry), but hope whomever gets their hands on this beauty, that they take her out to stretch her legs where I can see it.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 03:39 (Ref:2728828)   #6
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Ten-tenths group buy? Surely we could rustle up some mechanics and a pair of drivers from within the members ranks-I'm neither but Im there in spirit.

Ten Tenths AMR has a ring to it.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2729088)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Ten-tenths group buy? Surely we could rustle up some mechanics and a pair of drivers from within the members ranks-I'm neither but Im there in spirit.

Ten Tenths AMR has a ring to it.

Let's do it! I can throw a few bones at it!

...but can we park it at my house?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2729134)   #8
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll chip in

@rich07- Ten Tenths AMR, I Like it!

@fieldofdreams79- Fine with me, but I dibs on getting to race it (Only so you can stand and marvel at the sound!)
Old 19 Jul 2010, 17:14 (Ref:2729153)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
...Touche, Speedblood.

I know this is a "forsale" thread, but is it a long shot that she'll be driven in anger at PLM?
Old 19 Jul 2010, 17:18 (Ref:2729156)   #10
Speedblood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Home counties or a racetrack.
Speedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSpeedblood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that settles that

007 (or any of them) at Petit, Would be marvellous.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 18:54 (Ref:2729216)   #11
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic events are becoming better than actual professional races. Last event I saw was a lot like professional racing: there was an Audi up front that led by a mile and backmarkers with nice but slower cars who didn't know how to drive them hard enough anyway. Plus, they all had much nicer sounding engines than anything you can expect with the new ACO rules.

An increasingly high number of wealthy gentlemen choose to spend their money on "historic" cars instead of trying to run competitively with the few professionals left on the grids. That's worrying.
Old 19 Jul 2010, 21:12 (Ref:2729311)   #12
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
...Touche, Speedblood.

I know this is a "forsale" thread, but is it a long shot that she'll be driven in anger at PLM?
Unlikely. The chassis in question (apparently B09/60 HU02) hasn't raced since LM2009.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 01:17 (Ref:2729419)   #13
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would match the doc's DB9 down the hill from me, and wouldn't be too much work for us to bring it up the road for PLM. Now we just need 20 or more from a good million members and find a sponsor that won't mind Gulf colors.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 01:30 (Ref:2729421)   #14
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Let's do it! I can throw a few bones at it!

...but can we park it at my house?
Can I borrow it on weekends?

In the meantime I'll take on the arduous task of finding Ten-Tenths AMR some promo girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96
Would match the doc's DB9 down the hill from me, and wouldn't be too much work for us to bring it up the road for PLM. Now we just need 20 or more from a good million members and find a sponsor that won't mind Gulf colors.
Well there's four of us, thats 80 quid, getting there...time to pass the hat around?

Last edited by rich07; 20 Jul 2010 at 01:35.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 02:10 (Ref:2729426)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
In the meantime I'll take on the arduous task of finding Ten-Tenths AMR some promo girls.
can we park those at my house as well?
Old 20 Jul 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2729696)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We'll keep it at my place, I live closer to Rd. Atl. which is our test track. Plus, I'm going to drive it to work on Fridays.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 17:32 (Ref:2729713)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
We'll keep it at my place, I live closer to Rd. Atl. which is our test track. Plus, I'm going to drive it to work on Fridays.
I say use it for quick trips across the country, you should be able to travel about 160-200mph depending on the traffic on the interstate. So you could make it to Lime Rock in about 5 and a half hours. oh and technically it is a "2" seater so you could take somebody, but you may need that extra room for luggage!
Old 22 Jul 2010, 05:00 (Ref:2730456)   #18
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
can we park those at my house as well?
What are you, James Bond?
Old 27 Jul 2010, 04:06 (Ref:2733779)   #19
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The #10 Ten Tenths Motorsport Lola Aston Martin for the 2011 ALMS season? I can dream can I?
Old 27 Jul 2010, 21:45 (Ref:2734250)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
At least if it runs at Le Mans we should have next year's Tenths pit visit sorted........
Old 27 Jul 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2734309)   #21
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry I may be blonde....but who is selling it?...they could bring it to Snett on the 15th Aug.....show it off ....let people see what it can do....Im sure I'd find somewhere for it to sit
Old 29 Jul 2010, 02:23 (Ref:2734916)   #22
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wait, maybe #010 would be a better fit for us.
Old 29 Jul 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2735170)   #23
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
We could always renumber it, don't worry.

So, any and all donations towards purchase can be sent to me? Please make cheques out to Collective Aston Sports Hire, or CASH for short?

I promise to post pictures up here of any track activities the new team undertake...