Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 May 2014, 01:47 (Ref:3410670)   #101
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A good weekend for the Tony's FF and will do the confidence of TDF no harm after Bathurst.
Old 26 May 2014, 01:49 (Ref:3410672)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Poor Steve McLaughlin....

Luff wasn't allowed to race due to injury, they wouldn't let Bright take over as qualified already with luff... So Steve did race alone, did a great job for 9th, then got dsq for doing too many laps

http://thenationals.com.au/index.php...01returnid=110
That's just stupid! I thought the GT mob had their heads screwed on better than that!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 May 2014, 02:07 (Ref:3410676)   #103
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
A good weekend for the Tony's FF and will do the confidence of TDF no harm after Bathurst.
Yeah, had a due visit from the karma train.

It usually turns up in the end.
Old 26 May 2014, 02:08 (Ref:3410677)   #104
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
That's just stupid! I thought the GT mob had their heads screwed on better than that!
In fairness to GT, it's a CAMS ruling.
Old 26 May 2014, 02:30 (Ref:3410680)   #105
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
In fairness to GT, it's a CAMS ruling.
and in fairness to CAMS, it's a GT's sporting regulation.

Just unfortunate that there isn't a contingency or any flexibility for this kind of thing.
Old 26 May 2014, 03:05 (Ref:3410687)   #106
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post

Just unfortunate that there isn't a contingency or any flexibility for this kind of thing.
Wonder if the same ruling would have applied had one of Mr Quinn's codrivers suddenly become unavailable
Old 26 May 2014, 03:33 (Ref:3410695)   #107
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post

Are you saying CAMS allow drivers to race that haven't qualified, or driven in any practice session?
Old 26 May 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3410698)   #108
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
No, I'm saying CAMS are the regulator of the AGT Sporting and Technical regulations.They would have only been policing them as they are written.

My musing was that it was a shame that a contingency wasn't or couldn't be explored. I would have signed any last-minute competitor agreement to allow someone of the calibre of Jason Bright to step in. No problem with it at all.
Old 26 May 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3410707)   #109
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's ok for V8SC to do it, when a driver is injured.

At Symmons Plains a few seasons back, Mr Bright sustained a rib/back injury during a race. They enlisted Mr McConville for the remaining race. No prior practice or qualy sessions undertaken.

But yeah, plenty of suitable replacements were around on the day, that could've been ushered in at the last minute.
Old 26 May 2014, 05:59 (Ref:3410710)   #110
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Wonder if the same ruling would have applied had one of Mr Quinn's codrivers suddenly become unavailable
Isn't that exactly what happened in the 2013 Bathurst 12 Hour?

When Tony Quinn was taken to hospital after being involved in an accident early in the Aston, Matt Kingsley was drafted in mid-race as a replacement in the VIP Porsche for the rest of the race?
Old 26 May 2014, 06:05 (Ref:3410713)   #111
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Betty rambled this morning on her facebook.

One interesting line that I deciphered claimed her husband now owns the GT team.

I dont really know what that means for the future of that program. Maybe nothing. i do find her quite odd though.
Old 26 May 2014, 06:15 (Ref:3410715)   #112
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im fairly confident that this was purchased/transferred at the end of last year - atleast prior to this year Bathurst 12 Hour.

By all accounts - the GT side of the program with its Asian GT appearances added to 12 Hour and AGT schedules is fairly stable (more so than its V8SC counterpart)
Old 26 May 2014, 06:58 (Ref:3410735)   #113
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Isn't that exactly what happened in the 2013 Bathurst 12 Hour?

When Tony Quinn was taken to hospital after being involved in an accident early in the Aston, Matt Kingsley was drafted in mid-race as a replacement in the VIP Porsche for the rest of the race?
Exactly...Kingsley and some other no-hoper drafted for two teams with wounded drivers after the race began.

The race secretary and race director operated using their professional discretion and after consultation with the rules and CAMS. Don't know if the same effort was applied on Saturday. I guess if no one asked for discretion then it wouldn't be offered? Dunno...
Old 26 May 2014, 07:08 (Ref:3410736)   #114
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gee I wonder who the 'other no-hoper' happened to be?.
Whoever it was did a damn good job of getting a somewhat 'used' Porsche home.
I think Kingers had an easier drive.
Old 26 May 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3410744)   #115
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I enjoyed the day and, as a spectator, like the 101 lap concept - although this event was the Phillip Island 82 in the end. Don't like the idea that Mr McLaughlin was allowed to start without a nominated co-driver if they weren't going to allow the result for him. If he was aware in advance, then his decision to run or not - but otherwise it's a lot of cost for a DSQ result.

A few pics below; more in the Photobucket link.

http://s153.photobucket.com/user/red...?sort=3&page=1

Old 26 May 2014, 09:04 (Ref:3410790)   #116
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2014 Australian GT Championship

I also think it's mighty unfair to let someone start a race by themselves if under the rules a single driver can't do the whole race. It's just dumb. I feel for McLaughlin, he would've been stuffed after more then two hours in the car and then at the end to be told that he was DQ for something he could've should've been told about before the race started, he would've been mightily disappointed.

Bloody unprofessional
Old 26 May 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3411081)   #117
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
If you're going to have to do a two hour stint, then you'd want it to be Phillip Island, some good straights to catch a breather and the overcast conditions were good for player comfort...but that said, agree its unfair to penalise McLaughlin post-race. Plenty of time from Luffy's hospital trip to race-start to have it sorted and agreed upon.
Old 26 May 2014, 23:31 (Ref:3411082)   #118
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I presume McLaughlin was aware of the DQ prior to the race. The Nationals TV commentators discussed this during the grid and warm up laps (Luff's departure and the maximum driving time allowed for 1 driver) - so I assume that this would be common knowledge in the team.

Betty's facebook comment was fairly disappointing. With a driver line up comprimising Richard Muscat and Jack Le Broc (while not being V8 Supercar regulars) who are extremely quick and capable, questioning the sporting morality of other teams putting in pro drivers was ridiculous.

Betty - you lost me here.
Old 26 May 2014, 23:35 (Ref:3411086)   #119
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
I presume McLaughlin was aware of the DQ prior to the race. The Nationals TV commentators discussed this during the grid and warm up laps (Luff's departure and the maximum driving time allowed for 1 driver) - so I assume that this would be common knowledge in the team.

Betty's facebook comment was fairly disappointing. With a driver line up comprimising Richard Muscat and Jack Le Broc (while not being V8 Supercar regulars) who are extremely quick and capable, questioning the sporting morality of other teams putting in pro drivers was ridiculous.

Betty - you lost me here.
Mr Davison was in Indianapolis to cheer on cousin James (and perhaps kick around asking for rides.. ), but Mr Holdsworth was likely free
Old 26 May 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3411091)   #120
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I also think it's mighty unfair to let someone start a race by themselves if under the rules a single driver can't do the whole race. It's just dumb.
Bloody unprofessional
Quote:
Does seem strange - maybe the team chose to run knowing that they only had one driver on the basis that if the race was stopped early they might just squeak within the driving time.
Old 27 May 2014, 00:30 (Ref:3411106)   #121
D.R.T.
Veteran

I think it was also that McLaughlin, especially starting on pole was just keen to race cop a DQ rather than sit in the garage.
Old 27 May 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3411209)   #122
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Looks like it wasn't his cars' fault here either, just like at Bathurst with our Ferrari..

.http://www.equity-one-motorsport.com...for-equity-one
Old 28 May 2014, 00:09 (Ref:3411543)   #123
D.R.T.
Veteran

In fairness though, at PI the Audi was fairly innocent driving down the inside and was tagged by another vehicle.
Old 28 May 2014, 03:23 (Ref:3411587)   #124
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
In fairness though, at PI the Audi was fairly innocent driving down the inside and was tagged by another vehicle.
Do you blame the Ascari then?

Any video?

I haven't seen anything, but I know scudd feels innocent.
Old 28 May 2014, 03:27 (Ref:3411589)   #125
D.R.T.
Veteran

Video - about 44mins & 30 seconds in
http://motorsportstv.com.au/livestre...ts.mtv.3014217

I am looking at the Ascari and Lambo more so than the Audi in this instance