Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Who's going?
Going 8 36.36%
Not sure 1 4.55%
Not going 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Sep 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3453191)   #101
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Problem with that article is the assumption the #8's pace would reflect the #7's had it stayed in the race. Its a wrong assumption because the #8 had damage to the car that compromised its handling. The first time it went back out it wasn't 'fully healed'. The drivers echoed this after the race. Even when it went back in again, it still wasn't where it was before the crash. The team said there was balance issues with it, thats why its pace was not close to the start.
Agree, and don't forget also that #8 spent some other time in box for futher fixing during saturday evening
Old 14 Sep 2014, 23:47 (Ref:3453360)   #102
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think it was 3 seperate times it spent time in the garage for multiple laps.
Old 15 Sep 2014, 10:43 (Ref:3453527)   #103
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber seems to think that the floodlight level ain't as high as we might've thought? Hope so

http://www.markwebber.com/racing-into-the-dark/
On the track in Austin I think it’s only the pit straight that has artificial light and the rest of the track will be pretty dark so the big lights of the Porsche will come in very handy.

Nice to know he's aware of Sebring's existence in the article too...
Old 15 Sep 2014, 23:02 (Ref:3453713)   #104
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
WEC Spotter Guide online, thanks to NISSAN NISMO. www.spotterguides.com (TUSCC also avail)
Old 15 Sep 2014, 23:50 (Ref:3453725)   #105
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
WEC Spotter Guide online, thanks to NISSAN NISMO. www.spotterguides.com (TUSCC also avail)
Great job, as always, Andy. Thanks!

And, congratulations on the NISMO sponsorship!

Downloaded the WEC version. That Lotus looks great.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 00:21 (Ref:3453736)   #106
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be awesome to see some sort of grid photo with the cars from WEC and TUSC together.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3453841)   #107
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only just realised this finishes at 5am UK time.

What percentage of it will be run in full darkness?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3453892)   #108
stampchez
Rookie

stampchez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Here is a peek at the lighting situation. The race runs from 5 to 11 and I think sunset is around 7:30.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3453898)   #109
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So Webber was just guessing after all, that is definitely on pre-14 Bahrain levels.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 14:30 (Ref:3453947)   #110
tmaier
Rookie

United States
Atlanta GA USA
tmaier should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It appears I've been a bit spoiled at Sebring, Daytona, and Petite...

At COTA we can't even bring an ice cooler? Ouch...

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/prohibited-items

Can anyone confirm that these rules are enforced?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3453950)   #111
stampchez
Rookie

You may be able to sneak some things in at the bottom of your bag but they are sticklers ok outside food and drink.

You can go in and out to your car though.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 16:11 (Ref:3453993)   #112
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Last year I was in a shuttle so I didn't have to worry about parking. What is the general parking arrangement though? Do they charge to park? If I'm not into Blue Oyster Cult and want to leave after TUSC and come back before WEC would that be an issue?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3454016)   #113
stampchez
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Last year I was in a shuttle so I didn't have to worry about parking. What is the general parking arrangement though? Do they charge to park? If I'm not into Blue Oyster Cult and want to leave after TUSC and come back before WEC would that be an issue?

Cash parking will probably be in lots E, F, G, and H or T if you want to park at that end. If you are doing cash parking they will probably charge you twice for going in and out. That shouldn't be an issue if you have a parking pass.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 18:33 (Ref:3454026)   #114
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post

Interesting seeing the name 'Lonestar Le Mans'. Is that through the WEC, TUSC or COTA to get to use the name?
Old 16 Sep 2014, 18:41 (Ref:3454032)   #115
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
Interesting seeing the name 'Lonestar Le Mans'. Is that through the WEC, TUSC or COTA to get to use the name?
CotA - they did a survey on the event name a couple of months ago.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3454034)   #116
Deleted
Veteran

Yeah but the USCC race is also called Lone Star Le Mans.

"6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas" for the WEC sounds so clumsy. I think it was deggis who once said that while it may work in french, "6 hours of" sounds very passive and lazy in english. Also I'd say Austin instead of CotA
Old 16 Sep 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3454070)   #117
hcl123
Veteran

hcl123 is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Problem with that article is the assumption the #8's pace would reflect the #7's had it stayed in the race. Its a wrong assumption because the #8 had damage to the car that compromised its handling. The first time it went back out it wasn't 'fully healed'. The drivers echoed this after the race. Even when it went back in again, it still wasn't where it was before the crash. The team said there was balance issues with it, thats why its pace was not close to the start.
, I think this video answers the question , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvinG73iSA4 , ... circa 18min in the video, #8 passed for 2th position for about 10 secs lol... , The issue of lack of top speed by the Audi's has became an Urban Myth (an assumption because of diesel for sure), even in dogfights with the Porsches showed any real difference in top speeds... and by this time of the race Lotterer was already gaining on #7... suffice the #8 get stuck in a 'single' traffic situation to to lose more than 8 sec in 2 laps, inclusive for #3 taht was already in front of it ( any dogfight between Audi and Toyota was over then )... (clearly seen in this video) , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFgyEPCaoM8 (eurosport 2014 LM videos seems to be out of youtube) , ... then the rain came, the crashes, and the 'safety car' situations, in a coup of hand of high speed for sure, managed to pass a 20sec diff for more than 1min 30sec in favor of Toyota... a handover for their superior pace that never materialized except at the very beginning and only for #7 , The usual when Audi release the 'secret juice' was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJFSfFTi5zE , # 1 recuperates more than 4 sec diff and passes #8

Last edited by hcl123; 16 Sep 2014 at 21:11. Reason: bad format
Old 16 Sep 2014, 21:06 (Ref:3454071)   #118
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Pretty catchy name, me thinks. At least there is one track and group working to keep the Le Mans connection.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 21:24 (Ref:3454076)   #119
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stampchez View Post

Cash parking will probably be in lots E, F, G, and H or T if you want to park at that end. If you are doing cash parking they will probably charge you twice for going in and out. That shouldn't be an issue if you have a parking pass.
Just called the circuit and asked about parking. $20 a day and no in and out privileges. That kinda blows. For someone like me who is from out of town and isn't interested in some washed up, one hit wonder rock band from the 80s, we should be able to take advantage of the culinary wonder that is Austin and be able to leave the track to get something to eat and come back without having to pay to park twice.

I wonder if the $30 2 day pass allows for re-entry and exit? Maybe I should just buy one of those.
Old 16 Sep 2014, 21:59 (Ref:3454092)   #120
stampchez
Rookie

Quote:
Just called the circuit and asked about parking. $20 a day and no in and out privileges. That kinda blows. For someone like me who is from out of town and isn't interested in some washed up, one hit wonder rock band from the 80s, we should be able to take advantage of the culinary wonder that is Austin and be able to leave the track to get something to eat and come back without having to pay to park twice.

I wonder if the $30 2 day pass allows for re-entry and exit? Maybe I should just buy one of those.
I don't think they want you to go in and out of the parking lots but I have been able to in the past. The 2 day pass is a hang tag you put on your mirror. They don't scan it coming in and out or pull off a tab.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 00:40 (Ref:3454130)   #121
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Also, park where your cars drive tires are close to the hard-pack road. If it rains, you could be screwed. And like previous post stated, hang tag multi day parking pass wasn't scanned last year

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 17 Sep 2014, 00:44 (Ref:3454133)   #122
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Yep, also post number one of this thread.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 17 Sep 2014, 13:42 (Ref:3454324)   #123
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Also, park where your cars drive tires are close to the hard-pack road. If it rains, you could be screwed. And like previous post stated, hang tag multi day parking pass wasn't scanned last year
Thanks for the very helpful advice. Looks like there is a strong chance of rain on Fri and Sat.

Old 17 Sep 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3454332)   #124
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Beyond the potential for an excellent race there is the renowned barbecue and an In and Out in Austin. It's been nearly seven years since I left So Cal and I can't tell you how much I miss their double-double.
Old 17 Sep 2014, 14:58 (Ref:3454348)   #125
Deleted
Veteran

http://www.fia.com/news/preview-6-ho...rcuit-americas
Location: Circuit of The Americas is a world-class motorsports and entertainment venue in Texas, the only FIA-certified Grade 1 track in the United States, and is located nine miles from Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and less than 15 miles from downtown Austin.

Either they are drunk or Indianapolis has lost it's Grade 1 status since the last circuit licencing update.