Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 19 Apr 2005, 13:29 (Ref:1282094)   #1
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Aldo Scribante

Found a nice aerial pic of my ex-local circuit which runs clockwise...

http://www.amsc.co.za/amsc/aldoscribante.jpg

and as you can see there is a LOT of free space around the track. Only obstacle is a motorway to the left of the pic quite near the circuit which is JUST not in view. It runs up to the built-up area in the top-left corner.

looking at http://www.silhouet.com/motorsport/tracks/aldoscri.html as well... where do you guys think they can improve/lengthen the track.

I quite like the section through the esses up to the hairpin and would be nice if this stays in your design?

Ive seen "official" proposals that leave the track as is almost and just add a left corner and a small complex to the start/finish straight and rejoins before the esses again...

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 09:39 (Ref:1282818)   #2
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, interesting track. I might have a go at it.
Old 22 Apr 2005, 06:10 (Ref:1284317)   #3
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK... ...

Well, here is my edit of the track (and explanations for reason of change )...

I really like the flow of this circuit, and I didn't want to ruin it too much, so what I did, is really add another section...

I took out (what I thought) was the most dull part, and where I could actually do some changes...

All I did really (and cheekishly) is added the 2006 Assen track to it. Copied exactly from RC.net... Obviously, you wouldn't want to build that 'exact' thing on the track, but it looks good there, and it could be changed (minutely) to suit the track, and not make it look too much like Assen...

I also changed the first corner, and made it a bit more trickier. By simply adding a sligh chicane, and tightening the original turn 1, I don't know, but I like the change ...

Opinion would be nice ...

When you feel like it as well Cougar, would you be able to post the "official" proposals???...
Attached Thumbnails
asedit.gif  
Old 22 Apr 2005, 10:13 (Ref:1284438)   #4
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, looks pretty good, Cougar. Here's my go:

Old 22 Apr 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1284465)   #5
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the Anette-combo in that track Lustig . Very good. Freak, very good too .
Old 22 Apr 2005, 18:45 (Ref:1284739)   #6
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
So, here's my go...

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
Old 22 Apr 2005, 21:44 (Ref:1284785)   #7
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is my go...

http://img140.echo.cx/my.php?image=aldo4ko.png

I reprofiled the track just because I feel it looks better this way. I also took a page out of freak's book and used another track for an extension, well part of one actually.

I used Laguna Seca for the extension. I used the main straight, turns 1-3, and turn 11 (the final corner). I placed a straight between turns 4 and 10 linking both ends together. I left the Laguna Seca pits intact, and the start/finish line and pits for the track will use Laguna Seca's. Laguna's turn 1 won't actually be used for the whole track, but can be used for smaller formulae. By adding the extension, the Aldo track will be run in the opposite direction. Also, I moved the pits on the Aldo track.
Old 22 Apr 2005, 22:43 (Ref:1284804)   #8
Flaming_Wuzzle
Racer

United States
a house
Flaming_Wuzzle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eh, I'm not really liking any of them thus far. If I had to pick one, it'd be f1f's, but it's still not great.

And stop copying entire track sections to use as the extension, people, have some originality.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 02:40 (Ref:1284856)   #9
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
F1F, I like yours the best of the ones posted so far, but I'm definitely not keen on that first-turn chicane. I would agree with FW though, that none of those designs are exactly great, and that you should take it easy on the copy and paste functions.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1284930)   #10
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lust, I like your last couple corners, the double apex and the last corners, and I also like the first four corners, but I'm not too fond of the rest of it to be honest...

tr, (its CONFUSING because its upside down, but anyway) actually, the same as Lust. I like the last couple corners, again, the double apex and the last corners, but I don't like the middle section...

mandretti, I like the general layout, but I don't really like the 'exact' corners you have. Like for example turns 4 and 5. The LONG straight is great though, I'll give you that ...

OK... well, I agree 100% with you FW about copying tracks, but it was just a general idea...

I've done another edit of the track, and this time, it isn't really copying Assen... I've created the tightest corner on the track by doing this too...

It is a bit Tilke-ish I think, reminds me of Shanghai a bit, and I'm not too happy with it either, because when I think about driving it, it would be like Nurburging, where its a fast, sweepy track, with the CRAP slow section in the middle of it...

But yea... thanks for the positive comments guys anyway...
Attached Thumbnails
asedit.gif  
Old 23 Apr 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1285048)   #11
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
erm no thumbnail?
Old 23 Apr 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1285057)   #12
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Quote:
its CONFUSING because its upside down, but anyway
Well, i just tend to prefer having my pitlane at the bottom of things .
Old 24 Apr 2005, 00:12 (Ref:1285387)   #13
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1freak
When you feel like it as well Cougar, would you be able to post the "official" proposals???...
hmm if i can find them... saw them in a newspaper once... never online.. so I would have to google it.. and I must say ive never seen anything of it before when ive looked for info/pics of the track ... but you never know

and some nice edits btw... ill try and comment later

Last edited by Cougar; 24 Apr 2005 at 00:17.

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.