Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Sep 2007, 06:44 (Ref:2004024)   #201
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hoe Hoe Hoe.

Back on topic, we'll be at Mallory Park next week then it's the trip across the water 3 weeks later. Flights, ferries, hotels all booked.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 11:32 (Ref:2004192)   #202
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flights and Ferries? Long way round then Peter Still not certain on who,ll be partnering with me, It,s starting to get a bit frustrating now,I want to know who will be on the podium with me.
Old 5 Sep 2007, 11:44 (Ref:2004204)   #203
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whomever it is I'm certain they'll have a great time. Podium?
Old 5 Sep 2007, 11:53 (Ref:2004213)   #204
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
As long as my car survives 2 races at the WTCC Brands meeting I shall be at Spa, and stop there for more races the next weekend. POOR OLD ANGLEBOX !!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Sep 2007, 14:15 (Ref:2004316)   #205
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Whomever it is I'm certain they'll have a great time. Podium?
Who ever it is will have plenty of booze to choose from,what with Gordon,Zef,Esper & Eddy buying .! Podium,you have to enter into the spirit of these thing,s-----don,t you?
Old 6 Sep 2007, 08:35 (Ref:2004945)   #206
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
One doesn't do spirits on race weekends, just a few H's and maybe a drop of Vino post race, I say drop . . . having won my first proper pot last year I think I drained the bottle
Old 6 Sep 2007, 10:35 (Ref:2005041)   #207
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Why do you always have to twist things around Zef,I was,nt reffering to THOSE sorts of spirit. And I STILL dont know who,s driving with me!!!!!
Old 6 Sep 2007, 12:01 (Ref:2005107)   #208
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
who have you asked ?

or perhaps I should say who haven't you ?

Last edited by zefarelly; 6 Sep 2007 at 12:03.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 12:13 (Ref:2005129)   #209
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Originaly I was going to do it with Whizzo,he is now doing it in someone else,s car[maybe].Then Alec Poole asked about setting up a two car Tour Britania team, after the Classic,he has pulled out.So now I,m back to where I started,Entry in,Race number is 7,but they wont let me do it on my own .
Ongoing negotiations with another well known poster at present,but who know,s.------
Old 6 Sep 2007, 13:18 (Ref:2005171)   #210
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I'm over 6ft and couldn't get into one of those "girlie"cars anyway
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 6 Sep 2007, 13:29 (Ref:2005183)   #211
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yeah,

Then again you could use the roll cage to perm your hair.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 13:43 (Ref:2005190)   #212
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Terry, wish I was a bit shorter, I'd love to do it and I know a certain VH who wants to go this year too!!
Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:00 (Ref:2005203)   #213
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I struggle getting in and out as well, but once your in its ok . . .much easier with the roof off as well, which happens automatically when you go over 30

'Milo TIndle mobile' is far more polite Gordon . . .or 'hairdressers conveyance'
Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:21 (Ref:2005235)   #214
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBRM
Good luck Terry, wish I was a bit shorter, I'd love to do it and I know a certain VH who wants to go this year too!!
The trouble with Vince is that unless he's got five cars, fifteen drivers and a hangover to sort out, he's bloody miserable.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:25 (Ref:2005240)   #215
GBRM
Veteran

England
Quote:
The trouble with Vince is that unless he's got five cars, fifteen drivers and a hangover to sort out, he's bloody miserable.
He's bloody miserable all the time, well, he's not bad with gin in his hand!! I made the mistake of calling him earlier and he'd just finished an engine for a certain MG person and was in need of cheering up, so we have a drink planned for when I finish work, bang goes my football training tonight!!
Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:28 (Ref:2005241)   #216
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Give him my best wishes. I'm raising a Balvennie Doublewood to him as we speak.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:30 (Ref:2005243)   #217
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Right,I,v got some issues here.1] I,ll get you for Streeter.2]Football Training?
thats bad for you,just think of how many broken/sprained limbs that could involve,far safer down the pub.
3] Struggle to get out, AGE Thing?
Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:31 (Ref:2005244)   #218
GBRM
Veteran

England
Quote:
Give him my best wishes. I'm raising a Balvennie Doublewood to him as we speak.
I'll let him know later.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:52 (Ref:2005275)   #219
GBRM
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Right,I,v got some issues here.1] I,ll get you for Streeter.2]Football Training?
thats bad for you,just think of how many broken/sprained limbs that could involve,far safer down the pub.
3] Struggle to get out, AGE Thing?
Football is bad, I agree, but as I was too busy last season building a race car I don't want to get my Dad's physique just yet, give me a few more years!!
Saying that, you should see the pictures I have of Vince from the Sunday at Snetterton the other week, lots of blood and gore!!

In all seriousness I would love to do Spa, my three circuits "to do" are Spa, Brands Hatch GP and Snetterton (should have been a cross next to that one by now ). I got entry forms for the WTCC Heritage race but my lack of straightline oomph and the entry fee put me off for this season!!

I'll start saving the pennies for Spa next year.
Old 6 Sep 2007, 15:18 (Ref:2005289)   #220
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Like I said to at Snett Gregor,dont rush things,besides ,there,s plenty of time for you,r waistline to fill out,just keep going out withOld Bent Nose,you,ll see what I mean
Old 6 Sep 2007, 15:35 (Ref:2005310)   #221
GBRM
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Like I said to at Snett Gregor,dont rush things,besides ,there,s plenty of time for you,r waistline to fill out,just keep going out withOld Bent Nose,you,ll see what I mean
I'll try not to rush, car is getting better and I think I am too.

Good luck for Spa and if you get desperate I'll can always squeeze in, if Dad could then so can !!
Old 6 Sep 2007, 15:56 (Ref:2005335)   #222
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Your dad was good in "B"s,I remember him trying to get a real flying start off the line at Snett,he tried it in second and blew both h/shafts,F**** it,I wont try that again! he said in the bar
Old 6 Sep 2007, 15:57 (Ref:2005337)   #223
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Can anyone tell me where I can find the FIA App J regs concerning rollcages for 1993? I've downloaded the competitor info from the website but for the life of me I can't find any reference to 1993, even using the FIA search engine!
Old 6 Sep 2007, 16:11 (Ref:2005357)   #224
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Don't start me on Gerry stories.

I remember him in the DB4 husstling a full race BV8 for the lead at Silverstone. He was on treaded tyres and the B was on Slicks!

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 6 Sep 2007, 18:50 (Ref:2005519)   #225
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
[QUOTE=GBRM]Football is bad, I agree, but as I was too busy last season building a race car I don't want to get my Dad's physique just yet, give me a few more years!! In all seriousness I would love to do Spa, my three circuits "to do" are Spa, Brands Hatch GP and Snetterton (should have been a cross next to that one by nowQUOTE]

I did Snett before the other 2 but it was never on my wish list, Spa is worth the effort tenfold however, and Brands GP is the best in the UK

as for football physique, my late father had an ample waste line, and he never played football . . .I gave up football to save my knees, and am still slipping in to the old rock n roll strides at 34W . . .I say slip, more of a squeeze and I can't sit down