Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 6 Nov 2005, 16:26 (Ref:1453433)   #1
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of my new circuits

It's been a while since I posted a new circuit but I have been working on several at once so you can have all of them in 1 go!
First

Pennine Raceway-This is a new circuit for GB to be built just north of Leeds. This would allow huge numbers of people to access it easily. All the corners are named after British drivers, some well known, others not so much.
Coming down the very long (about 1 mile) McLaren Straight the circuit decends a hill increasingly steeply to the James Hunt hairpin-a tight 1st gear corner that encourages late braking moves. The track then goes back up the hill where it goes through a series of esses, each one slightly faster than the last (Hill, Clark, Moss, Collins). The circuit continues ascending up the Lewis-Evans Straight before reaching Williamson, the first really fast corner on the circuit. Continuing through Watson the track goes through nearly 270 degrees before turning through the fast right of Hawthorn. Just after Hawthorn the circuit goes over a blind crest before going steeply downhill to the very fast, banked Pryce corner. Going back uphill on the Brundle Straight the track passes through the flat-out, blind kink of Stacey corner, before continuing uphill on the Blundell Straight to the highest point of the circuit at Beuttler Corner, a very difficult corner due to it's negative camber which pushes the cars right to the edge of the track on the exit. After the Ireland Straight comes Hailwood and Warwick, a slow chicane complex that provides a good overtaking oppertunity for drivers that have managed to come through Beuttler together. After Warwick come a series of downhill esses (Purley, Surtees and Courage) before the cars turn through Stewart corner, a steeply cambered corner. Drivers must stay on the inside on the exit for a good line through Mansell, a decreasing radius corner that leads on to the main straight again for the start of another lap.

The rest will be posted later today.

ps. After clicking on the link, to see the image properly you must click on the image again to show it at it's original size (everything is very blurred if you don't).

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 6 Nov 2005, 17:47 (Ref:1453467)   #2
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
This is the next circuit.

Beachside Raceway is a fast circuit built in dunes on the east coast of the USA. It is a fast circuit, yet it only has 2 straights of note, neither of them very long, the longest being 650m. (On the pic, pink = spectator banking)
T1 is a very fast right hander that tightens into a tight chicane-like right hander (T2). This is a difficult turn for drivers as they need to be braking while turning and so the chance of locking a wheel is increased. This is a good turn for overtaking as late braking is rewarded. T3 is the first in a series of 3 undulating esses. These are very fast and the g-forces through here are high and therefore taxing on the driver. T6 is a fast, negative-cambered, downhill left hander. Cars can drift wide on the exit here but they must be careful not to go too wide as the run-off here is very slippery due to the sand on the circuit. The longest straight of the circuit follows this corner. The straight is undulating, going downhill towards the hairpin at T7. There is slight banking at T7 to try and increase the amount of overtaking possible. After the small flick of T8, T9 is a cambered, sweeping corner that leads onto the back section of the circuit. A series of 4 esses follow a very short straight. The esses are very fast and go mainly uphill. T14 is a very fast right hander than goes steeply downhill into turns 15 &16, a slow, chicane like series of esses. Once again the cars have to brake through the corner, so locking wheels is a big risk. A short straight leads to the steeply uphill hairpin of T17, with the corner flattening out very quickly right at the apex of the corner, pushing the cars out wide. T18 follows very quickly after. It is similar to the last corner at Zandvoort and has a very similar camber. It leads onto a short straight that goes through a fast kink onto the main straight. It would be especially good for IRL road races, GrandAm, ALMS and NASCAR road races.

Hope you like it.

Old 7 Nov 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1454315)   #3
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the way you draw up your tracks, is that on paint?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 16:50 (Ref:1454358)   #4
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without answering for AF, i'd bet it is paint. You can see that from the more pronounced pixellations compared to excel, PSP, GIMP, etc.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1454417)   #5
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whats PSP?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1454478)   #6
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
photoshop pro
Old 7 Nov 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1454510)   #7
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Yes I do do them on paint. It's the drawing programme that I'm most competant on!

Old 7 Nov 2005, 19:06 (Ref:1454517)   #8
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
You can actually do quite a lot on paint once you have had a bit of a play round with it. So...what do you think of the tracks themselves?

Old 8 Nov 2005, 08:09 (Ref:1454964)   #9
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
like the second one
Old 8 Nov 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1455022)   #10
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like the first one as well. A bit of a commentator's nightmare though, with Brundle and Blundell's straight, especially as one runs into the other!