Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Jan 2018, 04:34 (Ref:3790753)   #1576
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
But it is one PRO car, the second is a GTD with what looks to be one Ferrari driver and the rest a crew of SuperCup/Challenge/Super Trofeo drivers.
Thats too bad, I thought it was two GTE's.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 10:17 (Ref:3790781)   #1577
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport have reported that Risi are not running the full season, and quoted the Press Release. That's not STRICTLY true. Risi confirmed 2 cars for Daytona but never said they weren't running the full year in the press release. Really hope the GTLM car goes for a full year.

http://theracingline.net/2018/imsa/r...olex-24-entry/
Old 5 Jan 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3790797)   #1578
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
Not a photoshop. That's their Ligier LMP3. Which they have taken delivery of, and is on the PC entry list for Daytona(drivers TBD).
I was referring to the fact it has tires warmed enough to have pick up on them. But then I doubt any car anywhere will turn up but the lobby of Hasbro after they sue the Dawsons for false promises and fraud.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 12:44 (Ref:3790804)   #1579
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Autosport have reported that Risi are not running the full season, and quoted the Press Release. That's not STRICTLY true. Risi confirmed 2 cars for Daytona but never said they weren't running the full year in the press release. Really hope the GTLM car goes for a full year.

http://theracingline.net/2018/imsa/r...olex-24-entry/
Well Dave Sims said, from S365:

While set to field a two-car entry in this month’s Rolex 24 at Daytona, neither of the team’s Ferrari 488s are full-season entries, although its GTLM car could still contest additional races beyond the opening two rounds, according to team manager Dave Sims.

“This is probably a single event [for the GTD car],” Sims told Sportscar365. “For the other, it’s this one, Sebring, probably The Glen, VIR, Petit Le Mans. I don’t know about Long Beach.”

So it sounds to me like expect them in Florida and then be pleasantly surprised when they appear on track. And enjoy them while they are here, I fear this may be the farewell tour.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3790807)   #1580
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, the chances are they won't make a full season, but Autosport posted they are confirmed as no full season. I know it's kinda close, but it's important to be clear what they've said and what they're doing.

GTD car we all knew would be one or two races max really. I really hope the GTLM Car comes back.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3790816)   #1581
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm holding out hope that a significant increase in interest in IMSA this year will yield some more funding for them to stay around (either from Ferrari or a corporate partner) but I agree it seems to be the winding down of the program. I'll be sad to see them go but everything comes to an end and few teams have a longer pedigree than Mr. Risi's group.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 14:26 (Ref:3790834)   #1582
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure the effects of hurricane Harvey hurt them, just like IMSA leaving out their home race at CotA.

It's yet more proof GTLM is no longer sustainable for non full factory supported/run teams. Like the rest of you, I wish Ferrari would order their GT/Challenge priorities a little differently.

Hopefully the GTD program will generate a little extra money so the inevitable result for their GTLM campaign can be delayed a bit more....
Old 5 Jan 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3790851)   #1583
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I'm sure the effects of hurricane Harvey hurt them, just like IMSA leaving out their home race at CotA.

It's yet more proof GTLM is no longer sustainable for non full factory supported/run teams. Like the rest of you, I wish Ferrari would order their GT/Challenge priorities a little differently.

Hopefully the GTD program will generate a little extra money so the inevitable result for their GTLM campaign can be delayed a bit more....
If Risi is only going to do part time then my personal hope is that they can do the 24, 12, Petit, and the all GT races of VIR and Lime Rock.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 18:16 (Ref:3790901)   #1584
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
If Risi is only going to do part time then my personal hope is that they can do the 24, 12, Petit, and the all GT races of VIR and Lime Rock.
+1 In part because I'll (likely) be at 4 of those and in part because I like to see them running up front overall.
Old 5 Jan 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3790909)   #1585
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Scott Pruett to retire after this Daytona 24. http://www.dailysportscar.com/2018/0...-rolex-24.html
Old 5 Jan 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3790910)   #1586
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
He can finally go home and say hi to his kids in person
Old 5 Jan 2018, 19:41 (Ref:3790911)   #1587
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
FINALLY!
Old 5 Jan 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3790915)   #1588
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
FINALLY!
Old 5 Jan 2018, 21:27 (Ref:3790931)   #1589
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
FINALLY!

That's been a bonus for going to races live - you can't hear that!
Old 6 Jan 2018, 02:21 (Ref:3790953)   #1590
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Loolllll. Well done.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3791068)   #1591
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Scott Pruett saw his time was probably up. At his age one bad season would do it. And he was horrific in the Lexus in 2017.
Old 6 Jan 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3791069)   #1592
MaskedRacer
Veteran

GTD full season prospects looks a tad better than a few days ago:
-#14 Lexus is set for full run
-#Turner BMW is optimistic
-#Shank working on expanding #86 Acura
-Wright looking at 2nd Porsche

I think we are still wondering why Alegra disappeared so fast and perhaps we'll get answers about Park Place during the entry list day for WEC?
Old 7 Jan 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3791187)   #1593
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was it widely known that IMSA have started to use fuel flow sensors?
Old 7 Jan 2018, 17:11 (Ref:3791210)   #1594
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Was it widely known that IMSA have started to use fuel flow sensors?
They announced it a while ago, supposedly for information purposes and not fuel limiting. Ast this time was left out of that sentence in the announcement I'm guessing.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3791217)   #1595
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
They announced it a while ago, supposedly for information purposes and not fuel limiting. Ast this time was left out of that sentence in the announcement I'm guessing.
Yeah I thought it would be for getting more data for the BoP process.
Old 7 Jan 2018, 20:56 (Ref:3791249)   #1596
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
All DPi models within two seconds during the session for determining pit box selection. Mazdas still the slowest, but I'm not convinced Joest wants to push it yet - I doubt they consider pit selection all that important for an endurance race. Fastest Mazda did this "qualifying" session 1.3 seconds faster than the fastest Mazda at the Roar last year(1:37.263 to 1:39.574).

For the record, Mazda's race weekend qualifying time was 1:39.940 last year.

For the record, when I say "all DPi models" I do NOT mean all DPi ENTRIES - I mean each DPi manufacturer has at least one car within that range. Nissan and Mazda both had a car well outside of it.

Quote:
Makes sense. It's easier to use such things to figure out how big or small a tank a given engine should be, after all. Fuel flow restrictions should be an all or nothing thing - something everyone has to build to in an open class rather than a BoP method.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 18:53 (Ref:3792086)   #1597
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Performance Tech confirmed Masson and French for the season. they feature the youngest driver lineup for Daytona, with French being the eldest at 25. All drivers are silvers.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fr...formance-tech/

They also complained about the pace of the DPi's. And said their budget for the season is roughly $2.5 million to run a P2.
Old 11 Jan 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3792121)   #1598
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
GTD full season prospects looks a tad better than a few days ago:
-#14 Lexus is set for full run
-#Turner BMW is optimistic
-#Shank working on expanding #86 Acura
-Wright looking at 2nd Porsche

I think we are still wondering why Alegra disappeared so fast and perhaps we'll get answers about Park Place during the entry list day for WEC?

Allegra are PWC bound in theory. But not sure why, I guess budget?
Old 12 Jan 2018, 02:35 (Ref:3792177)   #1599
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Performance Tech confirmed Masson and French for the season. they feature the youngest driver lineup for Daytona, with French being the eldest at 25. All drivers are silvers.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/fr...formance-tech/

They also complained about the pace of the DPi's. And said their budget for the season is roughly $2.5 million to run a P2.
At least two of them are fake-silvers but alas.

I don't see the point in emphasizing the all silver line up either - it's not like you a need a silver in IMSA as full pro line ups are the norm in the class.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 02:38 (Ref:3792178)   #1600
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
At least two of them are fake-silvers but alas.

I don't see the point in emphasizing the all silver line up either - it's not like you a need a silver in IMSA as full pro line ups are the norm in the class.
They let you know to make sure you know they are the little guys and the underdogs.