Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 May 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2686687)   #1
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors ERC Coverage?

Just watched portugal on motorstv Good coverage crap comentator again lessons not learn't,Nice to watch in English as already watched on other rallycross websites.I would of thought Motors would of wanted first showing?

Old 8 May 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2686700)   #2
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've recorded it tony not watched it yet,not long till lydden u still coming down all weekend mate?.

BB....
Old 8 May 2010, 22:45 (Ref:2686718)   #3
The Eye
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
The Eye should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with you schanche, good coverage, crap commentating. If the commentating keeps on at this level I prefer the Dutch commentator (witch I don’t understand one word of).

I think all the networks are showing the same pictures. Viasat in Sweden and Norway broadcast the programme the same night as the event so Motors TV is not the first in line.
Old 9 May 2010, 08:13 (Ref:2686835)   #4
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Same here, awful commentating
Old 9 May 2010, 09:39 (Ref:2686888)   #5
shhh
Veteran

Ireland
shhh has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I will throw it up on MotorsportMad in the next day or so.
Old 9 May 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2687001)   #6
rich_cooper
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottinghamshire
rich_cooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to agree, good coverage but with poor commentating
Old 9 May 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2687185)   #7
The Dozer
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
The Dozer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my god the commentating was desperate i was about to turn it off . . . . .he was mixing up drivers confusing himself on the joker lap . . . . . . my 4 year old niece was watching it with me and she was making a better effort than he was . . . . . you would think to save himself emmbarresment he would at least do a bit of homework . . . . . sorry rant over now
Old 10 May 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2687864)   #8
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to agree, commentating was pretty poor, particularly when you compare it to the commentating on the Open on Eurosport on Sunday. Who is the commentator in question? Was he the same guy who did the BRC event at Lydden with Barry Lee? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he normally does a lot of the endurance racing, which to be honest he's not bad at.
Old 10 May 2010, 12:45 (Ref:2687912)   #9
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
[QUOTE=AndyS;2687864]Got to agree, commentating was pretty poor, particularly when you compare it to the commentating on the Open on Eurosport on Sunday. Who is the commentator in question?

Yep I watched the coverage Sunday and I have to say the commentator was faultless throughout the broadcast! Amazing what a bit of research can do and make watching a whole more Enjoyable the man in Charge was David Addison top job done considering such a poor field but still worth watching.Oh And nice to see GM behind the Mic just like the good old days

"Was he the same guy who did the BRC event at Lydden with Barry Lee?"

Nope I dont think so far to profesional!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he normally does a lot of the endurance racing, which to be honest he's not bad at!

Think you might be right have heard him before.

It amazes me that after all these years we finally get Rallycross back on TV the whole recording experiance has fast improved since the old times Coverage is ten times better which makes it better for the viewing public! But Rallycross the different classes and the types of car and Joker laps make viewing difficult for normal motorsport folk to get a grip off. Having a bloody decent commentator to explain the Ins and Outs of the event finding out some background info on drivers and the championships aint kin rocket science.Having the likes of Mr Lee who hasn't competed for christ nows how many years and talks utter crap is not great for the viewing Public.
Ive said it before! get a Past driver on board such as Will or even the Voice of Rallycross Arthur Debenham on board,you only have to watch the old videos on you tube to see and hear that Arthur is the right man for the Job Every Rallycross event he attends he is there early morning chatting to drivers and gathering Info for the spectators.

Just an Idea to those incharge! Pick up phone or Moblie call Arthur mention the fact looking for a decent voice over on a rallycross event we have just covered? Can we arrange a time to pop in too studios and do voice over make the whole viewing experiance more enjoyable for the folks at home from someone who can be bothered to research and knows what he is talking about arange fee!put phone down. Job done! Christ that was difficlut!!!!

At this rate Id rather watch the coverage on the Rallycross channels which is in a foreign comentary "Jeez that says something" kin rant over!!!!!!!

Last edited by schanche; 10 May 2010 at 12:54. Reason: ****ed off!
Old 10 May 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2687963)   #10
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
My my, it has got under your skin a bit. I agree if rallycross is to start to build into the sport it could be, this is one of things they need to get right. Eurosport proved it can be done, despite the small entry it was well worth watching. With the exception of the Supercars the racing was pretty good which helped, although the Supercars did have their moments. I think this was the coverage from the Saturday so assume the Sunday will follow, from what I could gather from the ROC site there was a least one more competitive supercar out and some more Super Nationals. Put that commentary on the ERC and BRC and you've cracked that part of the equation.
Old 10 May 2010, 16:01 (Ref:2688031)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I ahve to admit I would rather kill two birds with one stone and try and learn some Dutch/Belgian from www.rallycross.com!

Their footage is free, advertless and I can watch it in bed!

I know who everyone is anwyay so why do I need commentary I understand!! All the interviews are in english!! lol
Old 10 May 2010, 17:02 (Ref:2688071)   #12
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I ahve to admit I would rather kill two birds with one stone and try and learn some Dutch/Belgian from www.rallycross.com!

Their footage is free, advertless and I can watch it in bed!

I know who everyone is anwyay so why do I need commentary I understand!! All the interviews are in english!! lol
France Round 2 With Comentator makes more sense than the Motors Version Below
http://www.rallycrosstube.com/video/...ohiniac-France

Dont forget other Rallycross video sites are out there

Old 10 May 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2688164)   #13
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is great apart from the 50kbs download speed!!
Old 10 May 2010, 21:28 (Ref:2688284)   #14
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
France Round 2 With Comentator makes more sense than the Motors Version Below
http://www.rallycrosstube.com/video/...ohiniac-France
Hunsbedt: "the car is not so strong in torque low down as the Volvo". Is that an disadvantage of the short stroke Cossy engine? And the reason why they have a couple of BHP more as well? Would that also be an advantage of the Duratec engines the Fiesta's use? Are those Focus RS engines as starting point BTW?
Old 11 May 2010, 09:22 (Ref:2688495)   #15
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The curse of Motors TV strikes again. Its great they are showing the ERC (just like its great they are showing the WRC), but the commentary is really letting down the side - I reckon most of the regular posters on this forum could do a better job, and I bet you'd do it for free rather then Motors paying someone who hasn't got a clue!

Never seen that rallycrosstube website before - thats just been added to my favourites!
Old 13 May 2010, 17:55 (Ref:2689909)   #16
baldtom
Racer

England
West Sussex
baldtom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fully agree with all posts here about the commentating..... PLEASE can someone tell whoever it is that the joker lap is NOT A SHORTCUT as he kept saying, and that it is the one time in the race when they do a LONGER LAP that is the JOKER..... and perhaps someone could tell him how to pronounce Doran correctly it might be nice

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get someone who knows what they're talking about..........
Old 13 May 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2689938)   #17
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
How produces the show? Does anyone know?
Old 13 May 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2689953)   #18
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The commentator I believe is Mark Cole, not sure who produces it. I think hes an improvement on last years & hes not the 1st to pronounce Doran wrong but he did get himself in a mess with the joker lap situation. I would have thought after a while he would have noticed drivers taking the shorter route more than once, though I have to say the joker doesnt make great telly and the cameramen & director seem unsure whats going on as well.
Old 13 May 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2689984)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well Mark is usually a very good commentator, but he obviously knwos nothing of the sport.

I meant who actually produces the show for tv?
Old 13 May 2010, 23:18 (Ref:2690073)   #20
dcdesign
Racer

Belgium
Oostmalle, Antwerp
dcdesign should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rally-Action, aka Chris Courtyn...
Old 13 May 2010, 23:26 (Ref:2690076)   #21
Chessmsport
Racer

England
Eastbourne
Chessmsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The answer I have discovered is to watch the coverage with a Dutch commentator, I am reliably informed he is rubbish as well, but at least I can't understand him.
Old 14 May 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2690287)   #22
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Cheers dc.
Old 17 May 2010, 09:38 (Ref:2692351)   #23
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I started a Facebook group some time ago, to get Arthur's name put forward for Motors TV commentary. Not sure how much good it will do, but at least it shows peoples concerns for the current commentary and the support for Arthur!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...13451718679061

Please feel free to contribute!
Old 17 May 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2692405)   #24
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerlabo wasnt alot better though i dont think the camera work, director, dust & joker section helped to make commentary particually easy.

Why is it with rallycross alot of camera shots are zoomed in so tightly,it makes following a race very difficult on tv,particually with the joker section. If your going to have the joker at least make sure viewers know whos taken it & also build up the tension if its going to be close like the div1 a final but it needs thought from the director as well as the dubbed commentry to do this.

With grids of 3-6 cars you really wouldnt think it would be that hard to cover european rallycross.
Old 17 May 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2692442)   #25
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Yeah, commentary was up to the usual poor standard. I really wish he'd learn to pronounce Doran properley before I break my TV throwing something at it! Camera work needs considerable improvement as well.