Racer

Andorra
We Love Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Domination

McLaren won all but one race, in a season. Can anyone team win every race
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:04 (Ref:1464953)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think over a 16-19 race season it's unlikely to happen - something small is always probably going to intervene.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1464954)   #3
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That would he a mega boaring season for sure.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:14 (Ref:1464957)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not necessarily.

If it was team-mates going at it hammer and tongs it could be interesting.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1464962)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltafan
That would he a mega boaring season for sure.
As long as there is a possibility it can happen and no rules to forbid it. The same as the possibility that each race can have a different winner.

Yes it can happen, however it is unlikely.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:37 (Ref:1464965)   #6
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Not necessarily.

If it was team-mates going at it hammer and tongs it could be interesting.
But remember, few teams do not make use of team orders between thier 2 drivers, so that would be very unlikely.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:51 (Ref:1464974)   #7
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It depends on the team though. Mclaren don't use orders, hence 1988 was still an exciting season even with the dominance.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1464975)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltafan
But remember, few teams do not make use of team orders between thier 2 drivers....

Personally, I'm not entirely convinced of the accuracy of that.......
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1464979)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can anyone elaborate "team orders" ?
Old 19 Nov 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1464981)   #10
We Love Osella
Racer

Andorra
We Love Osella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Can anyone elaborate "team orders" ?
Wouldn't that be you tell the drivers what should be happening
Old 19 Nov 2005, 17:02 (Ref:1464984)   #11
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Love Osella
Alfa did in 1950, ditto Delage in 1926-7. Albeit over much fewer races.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1465009)   #12
Ginetta
Racer

England
North East
Ginetta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14
Alfa did in 1950, ditto Delage in 1926-7. Albeit over much fewer races.
But could anyone do it now or in the future
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:33 (Ref:1465035)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Can we possibly avoid making this a team orders thread?

As for the question, it could most certainly happen.

If teams hadn't won 15/16 and 15/17 races would we reckon it couldn't?

I wouldn't bet money on it happening come the start of any particular season, but, assuming the sport doesn't die, I would bet money on it happening at some point. It may be 3024, but, allowing for the sport continuing to exist, I would argue it is, perhaps, inevitable.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:07 (Ref:1465062)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Certainly it won't be hijacked by team orders subject.

If anything, F1 has been dominated by Ferrari last years, and we don't need any sort of domination.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1465072)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Nobody was suggesting we needed it!
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1465079)   #16
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by We Love Osella
It's definitely possible, if a car is really that dominant and also reliable. I wouldn't find it boring if the two drivers involved were allowed to fight with each other (on track, not off), but the reason why many people wound the Ferrari dominance in 2002 boring was that Schumacher was the number 1 driver and got special treatment. The Prost-Senna dominance in 1988 and 1999 was good because there was a serious rivalry and they were allowed to race each other.

But I'd hope that one team never wins all the races in a season because it's far more interesting to see a number of teams do well.
Old 19 Nov 2005, 20:13 (Ref:1465117)   #17
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Sure !

But it's never enough to remind this !!!!
Old 19 Nov 2005, 20:28 (Ref:1465122)   #18
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When a team dominates, although it appears boring for fans of F1, it's a mega achievement. With 9 other teams, none doing any favours, it is amazing if a team can win over half, if not all, races.

Mclaren's domination that season, and Ferrari's over the last 5 season may be boring and predictable. But putting it in the right perspective, it clearly demonstrates the depth and ability of those teams.

I'd say to win all the races is difficult to achieve, but possible. now that the calendar is expanding, it makes it harder. What's the odds that 18 other cars fail to match you and luck falls your way 20 times a year?
Old 19 Nov 2005, 20:44 (Ref:1465130)   #19
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
What's the odds that 18 other cars fail to match you and luck falls your way 20 times a year?
On the basis of 20 cars and 20 races.

Cars: 2/20. Take 20 races: 2/400. In other words: 1/200; 0.5%; once every 200 years.

I should say I don't know how they work out odds or anything of such a nature.

This post is a total stab in the dark.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1466673)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i would agree with Dutton that at some point it could happen. after all the goal of perfection should be the aim of any top level team. that it could happen in the future just comes down to perforamce and fortune.

on one hand ferrari's dominance has only forced other teams to step up their own efforts hence the great season we just had and on the other hand it gave us seasons where the other teams fought only for second place. but in the long run i think we will see better competition because of it.
Old 21 Nov 2005, 23:53 (Ref:1467009)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Of course Dutton's statistics assume that every team has an equal chance of winning every race, which we know is not the case, as the levle of funding and talent within the teams is so diverse. I agree that it will happen at some point, but only very rarely. McLaren were less than 2 laps away from doing it in 1988 (and that was after Prost retired from what may have become the lead)
Old 22 Nov 2005, 02:25 (Ref:1467065)   #22
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Certainly it won't be hijacked by team orders subject.

If anything, F1 has been dominated by Ferrari last years, and we don't need any sort of domination.
Long life tyres are out next year, tyre changes are back in...

Back into Brigestones hands.......and back to Ferrari dominaton in all likelyhood, you don't go from crushing the opposition in one year to be RACE (note the word) Winless the next without something holding you back...

Interesting idea though, one team winning all races.

However, I believe that with a series with Monaco in the calender, no team will be able to win all the races, because of the nature of Monaco, it looks like all the fairly compettitive teams "gang up" on the fastest team to hold them back during the course of the race (of course, not intentional team work, but still) so one of the Underdogs can win.

It happened both years Ferrari were at the height of their dominance, 2002 and 2004, Ferrari picked a strategy, everyone else picked the opposite, and a result of which meant Ferrari were impeded.....

Can't happen, IMO....