Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 25 Aug 2001, 09:38 (Ref:135634)   #1
AGGY
Racer

AGGY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love the new XR8 220KW`S of holden busting grunt.!!

The latest aussie mags has a XR8 vs SS comparison..XR8 the winner both times,plus a beautiful brutal look with some serious grunt.

Also 03 promises even more power,thanks Ford,your customers always want power...no more Ka garbage please.

5.4 of the best litres..the best brakes,looks...you have a winner Ford.
Old 25 Aug 2001, 11:43 (Ref:135694)   #2
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sounds good, but what about the rest of the range?

Where is the Focus? Where is the new Mondeo? Where is the replacement for the Festiva? Good move to bring out the F-series trucks again though.

Personally, bringing out a 2L Focus at slightly more than the Laser SR2 (instead of, that is) would have been a much better move than the SR2.
Old 25 Aug 2001, 12:02 (Ref:135702)   #3
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by elephino
Sounds good, but what about the rest of the range?

Where is the Focus? Where is the new Mondeo? Where is the replacement for the Festiva? Good move to bring out the F-series trucks again though.

Personally, bringing out a 2L Focus at slightly more than the Laser SR2 (instead of, that is) would have been a much better move than the SR2.
Look i`m not a big fan of non falcon fords,when i think of Holden i think VX and Astra,For me Ford is just the Falcon,particularly the XR8,which now distances itself from XR6.

Your in Syd-en-nee paying nearly $6 a litre for fuel,i can understand your interest in smaller cars.

I won`t step foot in them as a regular commuter,it`s big or your dead as far as i`m concerned,people won`t pay 25-30bucks a week for cripple prevention..have you ever driven a Hyundai,there a sardine,made out of sardine wrapping.
Old 27 Aug 2001, 00:58 (Ref:136249)   #4
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AGGY
Look i`m not a big fan of non falcon fords,when i think of Holden i think VX and Astra,For me Ford is just the Falcon,particularly the XR8,which now distances itself from XR6.

Your in Syd-en-nee paying nearly $6 a litre for fuel,i can understand your interest in smaller cars.

I won`t step foot in them as a regular commuter,it`s big or your dead as far as i`m concerned,people won`t pay 25-30bucks a week for cripple prevention..have you ever driven a Hyundai,there a sardine,made out of sardine wrapping.
Anyone around here capable of interpreting this for me?

And which part of Sydney has petrol for $6 a litre... I paid 89c yesterday... but that was at Mt Druitt as I came through there...
Old 27 Aug 2001, 11:29 (Ref:136383)   #5
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell

Anyone around here capable of interpreting this for me?

And which part of Sydney has petrol for $6 a litre... I paid 89c yesterday... but that was at Mt Druitt as I came through there...
Sorry Ray, cant help on that one.

Its the mind of a genious at work here,..........

a genious in stupidity.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 27 Aug 2001, 12:14 (Ref:136432)   #6
Ray Bell
Veteran

89c a litre... what am I saying?

It was 81.9c for unleaded... 84.9 for LRP... then there was the 6c a litre discount...

Yeah, at least his mum's tucked him into bed tonight... or so it seems... genius??
Old 28 Aug 2001, 02:10 (Ref:136861)   #7
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
89c a litre... what am I saying?

It was 81.9c for unleaded... 84.9 for LRP... then there was the 6c a litre discount...

Yeah, at least his mum's tucked him into bed tonight... or so it seems... genius??
Ray you seem threatened by my intellect,it`s ok,i`ll help you progress,it`s the kind of guy i am.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 10:20 (Ref:136958)   #8
Ray Bell
Veteran

Oh, there you are.. tell us again about the price of petrol in Sydney... we'll be understanding, it's the kind of people we are.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 12:00 (Ref:137011)   #9
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Oh, there you are.. tell us again about the price of petrol in Sydney... we'll be understanding, it's the kind of people we are.
Im glad you are Ray, im still laughing at the price of petrol. Looks like im not going anywhere in a hurry, at $6 a litre i'm up for nearly $400 to fill my car

Yeh Genius, he still probably couldnt work it out though.
Old 28 Aug 2001, 13:12 (Ref:137047)   #10
Ray Bell
Veteran

Good job his mummy tucks him into bed early every night...
Old 29 Aug 2001, 02:49 (Ref:137440)   #11
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Good job his mummy tucks him into bed early every night...
Ray you have a massive chip on your shoulder,but i know why,it`s ok.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 05:07 (Ref:137449)   #12
Ray Bell
Veteran

Did you see that I was addressing someone who was irked by your presence? And, like me, awaiting your explanation of the $6.00 a litre petrol price you quoted...

No chips on my shoulder, I'm big enough to get them in my mouth every time.

Last edited by Ray Bell; 29 Aug 2001 at 05:10.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 08:51 (Ref:137534)   #13
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
Did you see that I was addressing someone who was irked by your presence? And, like me, awaiting your explanation of the $6.00 a litre petrol price you quoted...

No chips on my shoulder, I'm big enough to get them in my mouth every time.
I have a tendency to think for myself,those who are force feed media garbage can often become upset over my views,but my goal is the truth.

$6 was an exaggeration,i thought even you could figure that out,but alas,you surprise me again.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 10:06 (Ref:137576)   #14
Ray Bell
Veteran

I wonder what that all means... no matter, now tell me, why do you think petrol is so much dearer in Sydney than elsewhere... in fact, let's just ask, where is it dearer than?
Old 29 Aug 2001, 10:10 (Ref:137579)   #15
AGGY
Racer

Quote:
I wonder what that all means... no matter, now tell me, why do you think petrol is so much dearer in Sydney than elsewhere... in fact, let's just ask, where is it dearer than?
I`m generally in Melbourne,and i hate Sydney as do all Victorians.

I take every opp to slag Sydney as i hate it with a passion,i guess being struck all the time did it.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 11:18 (Ref:137628)   #16
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by AGGY

I`m generally in Melbourne,and i hate Sydney as do all Victorians.

So you know everyone in Victoria then.

I take every opp to slag Sydney as i hate it with a passionb

Well maybe Sydney feels the same way about you.

i guess being struck all the time did it.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 29 Aug 2001, 11:28 (Ref:137639)   #17
Ray Bell
Veteran

Yeah, that's right, somewhere in his plethora of unintelligible posts he claims to have been repeatedly struck by NSW drivers... you didn't see that one?
Old 29 Aug 2001, 11:46 (Ref:137653)   #18
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry to disappoint guys - but back to the watching of gauges. And another gender comment...

About ten years ago my wife and I were the (not so proud) owners of a Nissan Bluebird with the lot. It had done only about 60,000 k's when she arrived home saying that smoke was coming from under the bonnet.

Being a beautiful and intelligent woman not given to jest about such things, I took her at her word and sure enough the radiator was holed and smoke was issuing from under said bonnet. I have always maintained that this would not have required a change in head gasket if my darling wife had been watching the gauge!

Fast forward to two years ago. My wife (same one) and I are the proud owners of a 2 year old Ford Fairmont (man's car!)and taking the family on an outing to Dorrigo Mountain. All the way up the Mountain I'm behind slower traffic and 'playing racing drivers' cutting back to and froe behind the car in front. Always cleanly hitting the apex - until I notice at the top that the steering is VERY heavy. Like no power assist at all. I being reasonable and a man of the world, pull to the side to see (to my horror) smoke issuing out from under the bonnet. Like stuff that comes out of the rear of a bull right!

Sure enough the top radiator hose was split along it's length and the whole contents of the cooling system had been deposited on the the road. The power steering failure being due to heat blowing a rubber seal.

This was not good. Until (thankyou Lord) I learned that in a major loss of coolant occurring quickly in an engine, that the thermometer has no medium from which to take a measurement. No coolant equals no warning.

I was blameless!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 12:29 (Ref:137689)   #19
Ray Bell
Veteran

Excellent post for my 'Watching Gauges' thread, Moff...

Yes, the sender unit needs to be surrounded by water to work... the TR7, I seem to recall, had some setup where even if the water was low it wouldn't read... you would be blithely driving along thinking it was fine and...
Old 30 Aug 2001, 10:41 (Ref:138356)   #20
Brock
Rookie

Brock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aggy I think the 2 best bits of news I have ever heard you are Ford Supporter and a Victorian Fantastic this indeed proves you intellect or lack of. It makes us north of the border feel so much better that your down there.
Old 30 Aug 2001, 11:00 (Ref:138365)   #21
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Excellent post for my 'Watching Gauges' thread, Moff...

Yes Ray.

I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time. And easily confused - the story of my life.
Old 30 Aug 2001, 11:16 (Ref:138370)   #22
Ray Bell
Veteran

It's the beard, you know that!
Old 30 Aug 2001, 11:56 (Ref:138390)   #23
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This reminds me of my old Pulsar (ok it was only a 1991 vintage). The temp gauge rarely worked, always looked as though it was running very cold. Never did find out what was wrong, but it went well with the petrol gauge that dropped to empty as soon as it hit 1/4 tank mark. It went to where it belonged when starting, then just went right back down. New Pulsar petrol gauge is only slightly better in that it doesn't drop but is very inconsistent as to where it is and the amount of fuel left.
Old 31 Aug 2001, 03:23 (Ref:138809)   #24
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A post by AGGY with no purpose other than insulting another member has been deleted. Aggy, forum rules prohibit attacking other members. Please remember this in future.
Old 31 Aug 2001, 03:49 (Ref:138818)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Thank you Liz..I wondered how long it would take before you gave him a spanking..

Have a most enjoyable Spa this weekend.

Regards....Jeremy