Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Sep 2005, 22:15 (Ref:1420425)   #1
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
Geva-Nelson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Festival looking good

As far as I understand it there are ALREADY 20 entries for the Zetec Festival, compared to 6 this time last year.

5 JLR cars, 2 jamun, 2 from us Geva, 2 from Benelux team Vuik Racing are among the early entries

after some calculations we should get something like 40 cars and Mackmot would agree with me that that is a great thing to have.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 08:21 (Ref:1420658)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news that Zetec ought to be (relatively) strong. Hopefully we'll get as many Kent cars
Old 30 Sep 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1420678)   #3
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3 from us

It is looking good.

We had a lot of trouble with testing though because they only had 30 spaces available. Luckily they have now made 2 Zetec sessions so plenty more are welcome.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 08:53 (Ref:1420681)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any news on who you are running Mackmot?
Old 30 Sep 2005, 09:32 (Ref:1420700)   #5
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nexa say they will be running a car for Daniel Roos aswell.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1420716)   #6
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyT
Nexa say they will be running a car for Daniel Roos aswell.
Are Nexa making a FFord comeback?
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:35 (Ref:1420830)   #7
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have Rob Sunderland, Sarah Playfair and Stevie Morris out
Old 30 Sep 2005, 18:17 (Ref:1421136)   #8
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Are Nexa making a FFord comeback?
According to Autosport they aren't. just doing the last round of the season at Silverstone and the festival for Daniel Roos.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1421212)   #9
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
I checked today and the entry had already reached 25, without a lot of british runners as well. have a good feeling about this. I also like the fact that we are back in the paddock, gives you at least the feel of the old festival.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1421258)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
ok excuse my ignorance please - but which festival are we talking here?
Old 30 Sep 2005, 21:36 (Ref:1421265)   #11
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Zetec Festival at Brands (Oct 21-23)
Old 30 Sep 2005, 21:48 (Ref:1421274)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
That's what I thought - I just got the impression from the other thread that there were going to be bugger all entries!
Old 30 Sep 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1421275)   #13
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
not at all, as far as I can see the festival for the zetecs might be more open than ever. We are definately looking forward to that!
Old 30 Sep 2005, 22:28 (Ref:1421294)   #14
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Kents will struggle; Zetecs it would appear are doing okay.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 22:35 (Ref:1421301)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Weird - it's usually the other way around! Hey ho, it'll be fun anyway!
Old 30 Sep 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1421323)   #16
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MMMMM this looks good I'll have to get a ticket for it!
Old 1 Oct 2005, 08:12 (Ref:1421458)   #17
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Are they/have they sorted out the timetable?
Old 1 Oct 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1421470)   #18
Ian Sowman
Veteran

The timetable hasn't changed yet, although there has been some suggestion that they might.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1421920)   #19
gixxer
Veteran

England
trowbridge wilts
gixxer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well sounds like there's a few happy with the timetable,well i'm not!!!

The festival is about fford and the final day should have the semi's and final which is what its been since it started so why mend something that's not broke????
Old 2 Oct 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1421927)   #20
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geva-Nelson
I checked today and the entry had already reached 25, without a lot of british runners as well. have a good feeling about this. I also like the fact that we are back in the paddock, gives you at least the feel of the old festival.
You will get no where near the fell of the Festival of old until you get the hundred plus entries for the main event. It used to be a week of testing followed by the meeting. this year it is just two days of testing. FFFestival is in need of life support
Old 2 Oct 2005, 10:17 (Ref:1421948)   #21
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarmarshal
You will get no where near the fell of the Festival of old until you get the hundred plus entries for the main event. It used to be a week of testing followed by the meeting. this year it is just two days of testing. FFFestival is in need of life support
FFF numbers have been known to top 200 in the good old days, I remember Festivals of old with 8 fully gridded heats.

Still, I'd rather have FF with a depleted entry than lose it altogether because IMHO there is still no formula in the world that provides a better training ground for a young driver.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1421968)   #22
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
oh boy here we go. Guys, it's time to face facts. There isn't a single motorsport event out there that is what it used to be. That's simply life. Things change.

I remember the first festival we went over for - all our Irish compatriots were giving it the "ah it's not what it used to be" to which my response was "well it's better than the Formula Ford Festival we have (i.e. NONE)"

I accept that it's not what it used to be - but it's still a lot of fun, the atmosphere is great and it still generates a lot of excitement. I've learned to take events for what they are, not what they used to be - otherwise all you'll do is disappoint yourself.

I'm looking forward to this year as much as I have all the previous ones we've been to and I know I'm going to enjoy the racing, the atmosphere and have an all out good time.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 17:45 (Ref:1422145)   #23
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPumpkin
oh boy here we go. Guys, it's time to face facts. There isn't a single motorsport event out there that is what it used to be. That's simply life. Things change.
Hey EP, I wasn't trying to drag it down and if it seems that way then I apologise, however, if anything my post was a defence of FF because like I said, I believe it's a very important Formula that shouldn't be allowed to die.

There have been many times this year when people have commented to me with derison on the lack of entries the UKFF Championship but regardless of how few of them there have been, the racing has been pretty darned good most of the time and quality is better than quantity any day.
Old 2 Oct 2005, 20:42 (Ref:1422246)   #24
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Hi F3, it was a general observation and in no way aimed at you - sorry if it appears that way hon, tis not meant so!
Old 2 Oct 2005, 21:43 (Ref:1422289)   #25
Geva-Nelson
Racer

Netherlands
We feel the same way about the category and have tried to move heaven and earth to get Dutch gridnumbers up and its working but our organisation is quite different. My father and I do the work for free and every penny we make goes into the championship. We are now looking at a 20 car base entry for next year and that IS possible, especially since Renault has failed in Holland.

My only concern is that the British championship may not be able to pull itself free from its difficult position. We needed an enourmous amount of help and got it, not sure if Racingline will.

in any case the festival should be fantastic, as ever