Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

View Poll Results: Do you prefer the cars or the racing?
Cars 14 31.11%
Racing 31 68.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Jan 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1193579)   #26
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmot
I like to watch people driving great cars to their limit.
Pretty much my sentiment. Although, I'd remove the "great". Doesn't bother me if it's a Ferrari or a 2CV, to see it being driven at the max, see the driver working their heart out - that's what interests me.
Most of the time for me though this manifests itself in racing - seeing 2 or more drivers pushing their cars and trying to get past each other - that's driving to the limit. So I suppose I'd have to vote for racing in the poll, but even then it's not really right...
Also, I couldn't say there's nothing to do with the cars. Certain cars do hold a special attraction to me, and I'd go and watch them and spend time in the paddock even if I knew the racing wasn't go to be as good. I actually doubt that anyone can't have a favourite type of car they'd go and watch over others.

Last edited by Asp; 5 Jan 2005 at 13:12. Reason: Afterthought
Old 5 Jan 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1193677)   #27
neil_davidson2
TT Photo Of The Year Winner - 2009 & 2010
Veteran

England
Swindon, UK
neil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridneil_davidson2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the stuff I marshal is short races, and for that I like to see good hard racing regardless of what's being raced. But for endurance racing which is generally harder to follow (especially if you're nowhere near the pits) then the cars themselves become important as I like to have something impressive to watch even if I don't necessarily have a clue as to what might be happening with regards to the race.

In the end though racing comes first I think.

Last edited by neil_davidson2; 5 Jan 2005 at 15:58.
Old 7 Jan 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1195528)   #28
beefy
Racer

United Kingdom
Cornwall
beefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be racing. Even the most beautiful cars bore me to tears if they're just proceeding around a track. As long as it's close, hard racing I'm happy.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1210653)   #29
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley
People find it odd when I say I'm not particularly interested in cars. What I like is to see them pushed to the limits. Hill-climbs and rallies against the clock or on circuits against each other.

Can only agree with this view, can't find non-racing cars interesting. Bar for the odd supercar.
Old 26 Jan 2005, 20:45 (Ref:1210664)   #30
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love both immensely.

Idealy though I'd like to see cars which are of the upmost performance, most intricate design and beautiful sounds being driven on their limits by the best drivers who are pushing the hell out of each other.

Overall I'm a HUGE racing fan, but a slighly more HUGE car fan.

Edit - I can't stand to see an amazing car being paraded around a circuit either. Nor do I find many road cars interesting.

You can probably tell I'm a PTC fan..

Last edited by Alex Hodgkinson; 26 Jan 2005 at 20:48.