Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 7 May 2012, 10:24 (Ref:3070585)   #801
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
That car hasnt turned enough wheels to even be considered a worthy entry despite the Pescarolo name..Will this be another Aston Martin? To jeopardize the Luxury racing entries which will be crucial to the GTE field at Le Mans is worrying.

I hope this gets resolved. I didnt understand why Luxury was interested in Pescarolo in the first place.
Henri Pescarolo has supported Le Mans enough over the years to not have to have a car turning a wheel to justify an entry to Le Mans!

A small team on a tight budget has to race its car for the first time somewhere, and this particular small team on a tight budget has been as loyal as anyone else in ACO-sanctioned sportscars since the turn of the millenium.

I hope this gets sorted too. I think Luxury were interested in Pescarolo as a team that punches way above its weight consistently in the world's greatest endurance race...
Old 7 May 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3070592)   #802
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Now more serious... is the Pescarolo 03 participation in Le Mans and the built of the car in jeopardy??? Will the ACO do something about this situation?

Please not an AMR-one part II, pleeeeeeeeeeeease...
I guess you don't want deja vu when Aston Martin failed on their LMP1 project...

Anyway, let's hope that Mr. Pescarolo can turn things around!
Old 7 May 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3070604)   #803
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least AMR had a finished car in may 2011.
Old 7 May 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3070605)   #804
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
at least AMR had a finished car in may 2011.
It made it's race debut at the start of April. Think it might even have been April 1st at Ricard which was quite apt.
Old 7 May 2012, 12:08 (Ref:3070612)   #805
alexkiller8
Veteran

the first AMR-one was assembled at february 2011, during march the car did some shake-down and debuted at 6h of paul ricard... and then started the engine problems...
Old 7 May 2012, 12:33 (Ref:3070620)   #806
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The problem is that Stephanie Hoener, the team owner of Luxury, never signed the contract with Henri. Henri seems to suggest that by paying 200 000 euro she implicitly approved the verbal agreement.
By starting to pay, she made the agreement real and legally binding. That's why Henri was able to win in Belgian court quite quickly.

The end of the article say they are talking with other backers to get the budget, but that's a worst case scenario for them.
Old 7 May 2012, 13:22 (Ref:3070645)   #807
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The (potential) new investor is Roald Goethe, the team owner of Gulf Racing. See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...75#post3066775
Old 7 May 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3070686)   #808
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
In http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-10603.html Stephanie Hoener tells her side of the story.
Old 7 May 2012, 23:52 (Ref:3070927)   #809
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The (potential) new investor is Roald Goethe, the team owner of Gulf Racing. See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...75#post3066775
How many more Gulf liveries can we have in sports car racing?! Maybe a Lotus Gulf collaboration?
Old 8 May 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3070947)   #810
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is all very unfortunate, but in an ideal world the 458s will be released and free to race. I see relatively little hope for the 03's completion at this date, but that may be cynicism talking. I am starting to wonder what's up with Henri - I respect his driving record enormously but when the 3rd partnership in 5 or so years falls apart and it's always the other partner's fault?
Old 8 May 2012, 05:14 (Ref:3070952)   #811
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
Maybe a Lotus Gulf collaboration?
As in Gulf Player Special?
Old 8 May 2012, 12:38 (Ref:3071168)   #812
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
In http://endurance-info.com/version2/a...nce-10603.html Stephanie Hoener tells her side of the story.
Could you loosly translate the major points of this please ?
Old 8 May 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3071323)   #813
repa
Rookie

Hungary
repa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Could you loosly translate the major points of this please ?
Hoener wanted to be a partner only for the WEC, spare some money with the common logistics, etc... It was Repovic, who started to help Pesca, with searching some financial partners for the 03. Hoener did not want to help the 03 project, she didn't want to invest 2 million euros for it. However, she sent 200k euro for Pesca, as an aid for the startup.

Seems that there is some misunderstood in the story -caused by Repovic- and Pesca put the two lines together. (Or...)
Old 8 May 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3071334)   #814
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you ..... doesnt sound too positive for Henri or his 03 , does it ?
Old 8 May 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3071383)   #815
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
I am a huge Pescarolo fan, probably most on the Sportscar forum are. He had a great history as a driver and his team has been an excellent private team. I don't know how Team Pescarolo is structured: is there a business manager? There seems to be a constant situation of financial aspects going wrong because they seemed to be based on hearing things that wanted to be heard, and little or nothing in the form of contract. The image of Pescarolo always is the livery and key colorations and also of Henri. Is the seeming resistance of people with stable money coming into this team influenced by that-----they would not have an identity and therefore not get a return, either for their ego or bank balance?

I assume also that the Dome project is financially self supporting? Is Dome funding it in total, and Pescarolo being paid for their service?
Old 8 May 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3071444)   #816
alexkiller8
Veteran

judging by the lack of funds (for sure now pescarolo won't see anymore the 1,8 million of € that he wished to build the 03) i think that to find a way to finance the usage of the dome is the only solution for them to keep on racing in the 2012 WEC.

(Dome financed the spa race and will finance the le mans race)
Old 8 May 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3071454)   #817
The Badger
Veteran

Or get a waiver to race their old chassis .
Old 8 May 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3071460)   #818
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's an article on DSC saying that the missing money is the reason the 03 wasn't ready for Spa, but it will be having its shakedown in a couple of days and be ready for Le Mans.
Old 8 May 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3071461)   #819
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I just don't see how this car can happen to be honest. Would really be interesting to know what state of readiness it is currently in.

It was such a brave move to go down this route. Hindsight will always say maybe they should have looked to run an OAK LMP1 to keep themselves ticking over. I'd love nothing more than to see this car in June so hopefully I will be proven wrong.

EDIT: What Dead-Eye is saying sounds much more encouraging
Old 8 May 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3071465)   #820
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I just don't see how this car can happen to be honest. Would really be interesting to know what state of readiness it is currently in.

It was such a brave move to go down this route. Hindsight will always say maybe they should have looked to run an OAK LMP1 to keep themselves ticking over. I'd love nothing more than to see this car in June so hopefully I will be proven wrong.

I don't blame Henri for taking a very good deal.

The AMR-One chassis must have been cheap as they where so unwanted at the time.
Building our own car, is more sellable for Henri to Sponsors + It gives Henri the opportunity to run in the front of the Privateer Petrol, instead of having to fight for it with an OAK (which isn't even his own design any longer)
Old 8 May 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3071468)   #821
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

To put it another way though, none of us would have been so excited or hopeful to see this car had that announcement been from any other privateer!
Old 8 May 2012, 22:27 (Ref:3071469)   #822
repa
Rookie

Hungary
repa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We should know what they've talked with each other. Seems that Repovic was the main person Pesca spoke with, but Henri said in the french article that the numbers were consulted with Hoener as well. Both party wrote a contract on their own as i know, but it was never signed. I think the situation would be more clear if we could see the Hoener contract before she broke with Repovic...

Me too, I'm a huge fan of Pesca, but what i mainly can't understand that how the hell it's possible that he can't find some normal business parters. If i would have money to invest in a LM team, Pescarolo would come first in my mind... All the less teams, with the tenth of heritage can find sponsors, but one of the greatest legends of the 24 hours can't... Totally unbelievable for me.
Old 8 May 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3071470)   #823
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Or get a waiver to race their old chassis .
i don't think will be fair towards teams like rebellion that spent a lot of money to buy 2 new "legal" cars
Old 8 May 2012, 23:19 (Ref:3071487)   #824
Lasse
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Lasse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So Luxury Racing sent Henri a bag of money (200.000 Euro) just as a helping hand? With no expectations of getting anything in return?

Sounds odd to me.

Last edited by Lasse; 8 May 2012 at 23:34.
Old 8 May 2012, 23:23 (Ref:3071490)   #825
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
There's an article on DSC saying that the missing money is the reason the 03 wasn't ready for Spa, but it will be having its shakedown in a couple of days and be ready for Le Mans.
http://www.lemainelibre.fr/actualite...-05-2012-34526 contains similar information.

The new backer is Roald Goethe. He is the owner of one of Henri's AMR-One chassis and he wants to see how his car will evolve.