Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 16 May 2011, 18:28 (Ref:2881153)   #1
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
iPad / iPhone compatability

Hi

Just wondered If there were any plans to make 10/10ths iDevice friendly. I personally have difficulty on the iPad when quoting others posts and navigating through the text input box.

Cheers
Old 17 May 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2881479)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MAybe some day when I embrace the horror and buy an iPad Until then there's nothing actually planned.
Old 19 May 2011, 10:52 (Ref:2882550)   #3
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I use a free browser called Atomic Web on my iPad and it works pretty well. This reply is being written and sent using it.
Old 22 May 2011, 15:27 (Ref:2883938)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Strider do you think the iPad is the new laptop?
Old 22 May 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2883956)   #5
Steve Milward
Racer

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Steve Milward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I use a free browser called Atomic Web on my iPad and it works pretty well. This reply is being written and sent using it.
Admittedly it does work well but when quoting long posts it's impossible to navigate through the wall of text to type anything.

Solution - don't quote long posts
Old 23 May 2011, 11:47 (Ref:2884397)   #6
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Strider do you think the iPad is the new laptop?
Sorry, didn't notice this yesterday.

No, I think the iPad supplements a laptop. It's a lot more convenient if you don't want to be carrying a laptop everywhere and somehow the screen seems much larger than it really is. The battery life is a major plus.

You can't get by with an iPad alone, because it has to have a PC mothership to hook up with from time to time, but the two together are great.
Old 29 May 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2887398)   #7
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There is this app called tapatalk, which is meant to be really good. There is a mention about it here:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126783

I used to post here quite a lot. I dont have as much time on my hands anymore, so nowadays I mainly read messages which goes really quickly through the Ipod. Posting however is another matter...

I'm all for a tapatalk-ready 10tenths!
Old 30 May 2011, 01:33 (Ref:2887893)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I've just downloaded the app for my iPhone and it will be on my iPad very soon. It does seem to be well worth having and the more forums that adapt to it the better.