Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2006, 04:51 (Ref:1632092)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber to Ferrari/Kimi to Renault ?

if flavio was smart he would pursuade the boys in red to take webber so then he can get kimi for the renault.and we all know flavio is a smart man.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 06:23 (Ref:1632118)   #2
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
won't happen
Old 12 Jun 2006, 07:17 (Ref:1632144)   #3
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no chance of happening. I reckon mark will stay at williams
Old 12 Jun 2006, 07:51 (Ref:1632179)   #4
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats provided Kimi wants to go to Renault and Webber wants to go to Ferrari.

SFW has the power over Webber atm, and Flav can only offer Kimi a contract...
Old 12 Jun 2006, 08:07 (Ref:1632193)   #5
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I'm sure SFW has say But Im sure Mark has a pefromance clause Flav is more than happy to flex
Old 12 Jun 2006, 08:28 (Ref:1632212)   #6
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
The performance clause has all been speculation. The only confirmed clause is SFW's option for a 3rd year.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 08:33 (Ref:1632216)   #7
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Williams with a Toyota motor could be formidable. Monteiro was one of the fastest through the speedtraps yesterday... that engine's very powerful and not being done justice in the Midland or even the Toyota itself. Williams are a strong team with good people and good funding. Webber would be well advised to stay put... which I think he will.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1632222)   #8
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
we should have a forum in 10/10ths named More Australian Crap.
Old 12 Jun 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1632457)   #9
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
Williams with a Toyota motor could be formidable. Monteiro was one of the fastest through the speedtraps yesterday... that engine's very powerful and not being done justice in the Midland or even the Toyota itself. Williams are a strong team with good people and good funding. Webber would be well advised to stay put... which I think he will.
see this is the problem

the engine is not the issue and after the last Gp its even more clear
Williams can not build a good car ,
think about .. the Cossie has being a good Hp engine so far this year
and surprises surprises BMW Sauber are doing very well of later some could conclued that the BMW powerplant was never the issue last year fun how they seem to be doing well this year in Mr Saubers car . and it takes a GP track that been outdated for some 15yrs for the Williams to be quick and over the last 4 or so years thats the track williams have need to shine
Williams are a spent force and if you put a u beaut Toyota motor in next the same issue will be played sure may be more realible maybe ! but the car will be a pig /dog or what ever compared to the other top5 cars out there
as I said
Williams can not build a good car , maybe in the past yes but that history

MARK GO TO RENAULT
Old 12 Jun 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1632460)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
lmao Really won't happen though, will it..

Selby
Old 13 Jun 2006, 00:59 (Ref:1633074)   #11
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
williams just need to work their wind tunnel right and produce some good aero thats their problem and toyotas as well the toyota engine is argueablly one of the fastest out there with the renault the ferrari etc...
Old 13 Jun 2006, 04:30 (Ref:1633118)   #12
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Monteiro was one of the fastest through the speedtraps yesterday....
That hapoens, when you have no down force you have no drag. When Minardi introduced thier new Chassis last year they became one of the faster cars in a straight line, but the lap was still slower. Also consider how often are the Renaults the fastest at the speed trap, rarely, but fastest lap, often.

On topic: I think Ferarri woud rather keep Massa than have Webber.
If Webber can I think he should go to Renault.
Intersting to note that on Channel 10 (Aus) interview the other day he did not dismiss other options, which he normally does outright. He just spoke about being carefull when the grass looks greener on the other side...
Old 13 Jun 2006, 04:39 (Ref:1633119)   #13
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Webber
see this is the problem

the engine is not the issue and after the last Gp its even more clear
Williams can not build a good car ,
think about .. the Cossie has being a good Hp engine so far this year
and surprises surprises BMW Sauber are doing very well of later some could conclued that the BMW powerplant was never the issue last year fun how they seem to be doing well this year in Mr Saubers car . and it takes a GP track that been outdated for some 15yrs for the Williams to be quick and over the last 4 or so years thats the track williams have need to shine
Williams are a spent force and if you put a u beaut Toyota motor in next the same issue will be played sure may be more realible maybe ! but the car will be a pig /dog or what ever compared to the other top5 cars out there
as I said
Williams can not build a good car , maybe in the past yes but that history

MARK GO TO RENAULT
I think this year they did come up with a decent enough car though, its just suffering from a lack of development, as is the engine now supposedly. If the can get the Toyota engines, hopefully that means more money for the aero department.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1633670)   #14
stephen_c
Rookie

stephen_c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thumbs up for Kimi, he's a natural. Slight thumbs down to neutral for Mark, he's a bit overrated. Fluky results here and there, but not much else. Nico will trounce him this year.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 17:10 (Ref:1633680)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Nico will "trounce him"? He has not so far, and I doubt he will in the remainder of the year. Nico has, however, been impressive.

They are a pretty evenly matched pair, with, IMHO, the edge going to Webber so far (thanks to his experience).
Old 13 Jun 2006, 17:34 (Ref:1633693)   #16
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmsport
we should have a forum in 10/10ths named More Australian Crap.
Take it easy kids.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 18:02 (Ref:1633708)   #17
stephen_c
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Nico will "trounce him"? He has not so far, and I doubt he will in the remainder of the year. Nico has, however, been impressive.

They are a pretty evenly matched pair, with, IMHO, the edge going to Webber so far (thanks to his experience).
Mark has many GPs under his belt yet they are only 1 point apart so far. I think Webber's stock is going down.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 18:13 (Ref:1633719)   #18
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_c
Mark has many GPs under his belt yet they are only 1 point apart so far. I think Webber's stock is going down.
But if the car hadn't of expired at Monaco, Webber was on for a podium easily, maybe an outside bet of pipping Alonso in the pits. The car is good but has had a few engine reliability issues thus far this season. Webbers stock is as high as ever, he and Nico are doing a great job in an average/slightly above car. Nico is having a great season. No one could honestly say they expected him to do this well. Coupled with some bad luck for both, the team could have a handful more points and a podium or two, so I think Williams are on the up again. The Cosworth engine is good. Toyota's could be good, but they haven't been getting the results. Could be down to drivers, chassis, tyres or maybe the engine isn't all that.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 18:16 (Ref:1633728)   #19
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

As for Webber at Ferrari.....not sure. I think Kimi would rather go to Ferrari than Renault. I get the feeling they've been wooing him for sometime now, so its just a matter of finishing the details off and announcing the deal. I think Webber will stay with Williams for one more year. Fishi will get one more year to prove his worth, probably against Heikki. If he doen't turn up more good performances, then I could see Webber being recalled to the Renault set-up.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 18:24 (Ref:1633733)   #20
stephen_c
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink69
But if the car hadn't of expired at Monaco, Webber was on for a podium easily, maybe an outside bet of pipping Alonso in the pits. The car is good but has had a few engine reliability issues thus far this season. Webbers stock is as high as ever, he and Nico are doing a great job in an average/slightly above car. Nico is having a great season. No one could honestly say they expected him to do this well. Coupled with some bad luck for both, the team could have a handful more points and a podium or two, so I think Williams are on the up again. The Cosworth engine is good. Toyota's could be good, but they haven't been getting the results. Could be down to drivers, chassis, tyres or maybe the engine isn't all that.
Williams is as mid pack as ever. Ralf said it best when he left them. William's aero is awful when aero in F1 is so important nowadays. They can only compet on circuits like Monaco where they are good on mechanical grip. Williams is an old skool squad.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 20:44 (Ref:1633825)   #21
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen_c
Williams is as mid pack as ever. Ralf said it best when he left them. William's aero is awful when aero in F1 is so important nowadays. They can only compet on circuits like Monaco where they are good on mechanical grip. Williams is an old skool squad.
Not sure that's a fair comment. I was in the grandstand at the first chicane in Monza when Montoya set the fastest ever Formula 1 lap during qualifying just a few years ago. That was all aero. In 2006 they're not as well funded as McLaren, Renault, Ferrari etc... as they've had to fork out for the engines. Simple as. I think few up or down the pit lane would not agree that Williams, with a good manufacturer behind them, represents a serious threat.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1633844)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Exactly my thoughts.
Old 13 Jun 2006, 23:57 (Ref:1633926)   #23
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber has had three podium results go up in smoke thanks to reliability. He has been mega this year.

I see Mark as a perfect Schumacher replacement at Ferrari. BUT, I think Michael will still be going around next season, so I can't see him being required there.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1633936)   #24
stephen_c
Rookie

Quote:
Not sure that's a fair comment. I was in the grandstand at the first chicane in Monza when Montoya set the fastest ever Formula 1 lap during qualifying just a few years ago. That was all aero. In 2006 they're not as well funded as McLaren, Renault, Ferrari etc... as they've had to fork out for the engines. Simple as. I think few up or down the pit lane would not agree that Williams, with a good manufacturer behind them, represents a serious threat.
I understand what you are saying, but since I am still a Newbie on this forum, I have to tread lightly for awhile before I can start writing my full opinion in posts. In general, (this is not directed at any one particular team) old skool outfits will find it hard to survive in the new F1 world where money and resources are needed to squeeze every ounce of performance out of a car. The aero package accounts for quite a few ounces of performance. Ron knew the importance of money and resources a long time ago. Other teams were slower to realize. They paid or are paying for their mistakes.
Old 14 Jun 2006, 04:07 (Ref:1634000)   #25
SkaifeHRT
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Victoria Australia
SkaifeHRT has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber's only chance of a really good performance this year was Monaco. Unfortunately, Williams typical unreliability blew that. Monaco is probably the only circuit where the Williams poor aero performance could be overcome. Williams are in a downward spiral that they don't look like coming out of any time soon.

To quote someone else in this topic, WEBBER GO TO RENAULT.