Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Jan 2003, 01:58 (Ref:483079)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Preliminary Sebring entry list is up.

http://www.imsaracing.net/imsa.cfm?h.../entrylist.htm

Suprises or cars that were questionable.

MCR C5R GT
Spyker indeed has submitted an entry
A Lambo????? in GT, interesting.

Now the unanswered to come.

Champion 1 or 2 cars??
Joest 0 or 1 or 2 cars??
Panoz, will there really be another team entering one?? For the season??
Mystery LMP/Lola?? Ok, wonder who/what this is.

Looks like it could be a pretty large entry, I wonder who is going to be told not to bother showing up.

Last edited by Fogelhund; 23 Jan 2003 at 01:59.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 03:12 (Ref:483116)   #2
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DBA 03S of RN Motorsports, I assume that's the 02S last year at Petit?
Old 23 Jan 2003, 03:20 (Ref:483123)   #3
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DBA = Den Bla Avis ? Another identity crisis for the Reynard/YGK/IRM/DBA 02/03S
Old 23 Jan 2003, 03:41 (Ref:483131)   #4
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, that Reynard/YGK/IRM/DBA 02/03S does seem to have potential doesn't it.....it was quite quick last year at Petit and if Mike's site is right, it's putting out some considerable power....for a 675 car....
Old 23 Jan 2003, 13:01 (Ref:483430)   #5
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reynard/YGK/IRM/DBA 02/03s? Is that it's name or their flight confirmation to FLA?
Old 23 Jan 2003, 13:25 (Ref:483455)   #6
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
The weird thing is American Spirit Racing's MkIIIA. They supposedly just purchased Dyson's MkIIIC.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 13:59 (Ref:483490)   #7
C_g
Racer

C_g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, what's the deal with the MkIIIA? That one gets a big Hmm. It makes no sense (if one wants to be competitive) to run an 'A'. Dyson proved that in '99, despite winning the championship. And the car hasn't received much development since then.

And this DBA "whatchamacallit" sounds interesting. I wonder how much development it has received since PLM.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 14:21 (Ref:483521)   #8
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
There a some really interesting cars on the list , to bad we dont get any Sebring Coverage here
Old 23 Jan 2003, 14:32 (Ref:483537)   #9
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
The MkIIIA is a typo, it's been corrected to MkIIIC.
Old 23 Jan 2003, 14:44 (Ref:483555)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whence the Lister?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 23 Jan 2003, 15:33 (Ref:483608)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The date to check this will be after Jan. 29th or the week of Feb. 3

I imagine that a lot of entries are coming in this week...

Jan. 29 at midnight is the deadline to enter and the invites apparently willbe extended at the beginning of that next week.

Acceptance of the invites must be confirmed on an early February date (the week of Feb. 3-7?)...does anyone know the answer to this?

On Another Note: I could have sworn that I saw a listing where Sebring would be telecast in Europe (on EuroSport...is that the name of your racing channel similar to "Speed" that we get here in the U.S.?)

I can't remember the site that showed it...maybe the Sebring International Raceway site itself?

I'll try to chase that one down and let you know....before moving back home to Indy, I lived in Fla....went to Sebring every year...an awesome experience.....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Jan 2003, 15:34 (Ref:483610)   #12
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by C_g
Yeah, what's the deal with the MkIIIA? That one gets a big Hmm. It makes no sense (if one wants to be competitive) to run an 'A'. Dyson proved that in '99, despite winning the championship. And the car hasn't received much development since then.
...once again, I refer you over to the R&M chassis, based on the very same Mk IIIA with aerodynamic and other refinements. I'm sure you've seen it...
Old 23 Jan 2003, 15:46 (Ref:483620)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sebring Televised in Europe (according to IMSA site)

I went to their home page and clicked on the 2003 ALMS schedule to the right-hand side near the top of the page (right below the logo)...

It seems to show that all of the ALMS races will be carried in Europe on EuroSport....

Old 23 Jan 2003, 18:20 (Ref:483726)   #14
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess Everybody is forgetting team Goh Audi R8 entry...
Old 23 Jan 2003, 19:33 (Ref:483783)   #15
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt

It seems to show that all of the ALMS races will be carried in Europe on EuroSport....
Last Year Eurosport aired a 1 our coverage one week after the race
Old 23 Jan 2003, 21:59 (Ref:483902)   #16
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Our "Speed Channel" used to run "Flag to Flag" coverage of Daytona, Sebring, Le Mans and the Petit.

After it has morphed into the "NASCAR Channel", Le Mans coverage was cut in half last year and although Daytona has been cut back this year, I really don't care to watch what the Grand Am Series is turning into now with the new Daytona Prototype...as you can see from a prelim entry list, there will be only 10 prototypes running there next week and only 5 of the new cars...

I'm hoping they don't cut Sebring coverage as well....maybe they won't, since it is only 12 hours....

Old 23 Jan 2003, 22:25 (Ref:483923)   #17
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
We only get those crappy 1 hour coverages of Sebring , Daytona and Petit here , with massive Time delay (mostly 1 week).

Eurosport shows some hours of LM live , but i dont care cause im there to get the full 24hrs live
Old 24 Jan 2003, 07:49 (Ref:484228)   #18
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Our "Speed Channel" used to run "Flag to Flag" coverage of Daytona, Sebring, Le Mans and the Petit.

After it has morphed into the "NASCAR Channel", Le Mans coverage was cut in half last year and although Daytona has been cut back this year, I really don't care to watch what the Grand Am Series is turning into now with the new Daytona Prototype...as you can see from a prelim entry list, there will be only 10 prototypes running there next week and only 5 of the new cars...

I'm hoping they don't cut Sebring coverage as well....maybe they won't, since it is only 12 hours....
I agree......It was sooo stupid They cut out the night hours of LeMans in order to show reruns of "TwoGuys Garage", "Hotrod TV" and a bunch of other **** that was worthless. I was really angry!
Old 24 Jan 2003, 13:59 (Ref:484491)   #19
Brant
Rookie

Brant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't they have an overflowing entry list last year and were forced to turn some teams down. Still it's early days yet, teams are probably still knocking on sponsors doors. I think Orange, need a new team to sponsor.
Old 24 Jan 2003, 14:33 (Ref:484556)   #20
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
According to IMSA's website, Sebring is flag to flag.

I've seen conversations on insider.speedtv.com with the head of Speed Channel, and he's been blunt about ratings issues WRT sportscars, particularly in the middle of the night. I've tried to encourage Speed to consider, at least, an hour in the late night to capture sunrise and early morning. Part of the problem is that ACO charge a flat hourly rate for coverage, regardless of time (if I understand what Jim's said correctly).

Speed hasn't released their coverage plans (and their schedule past Feb 23 is still blank on their website), so we won't know what happens until we get closer to then..
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 24 Jan 2003, 22:05 (Ref:485010)   #21
The Boot
Rookie

United States
Rochester, NY
The Boot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check it out again..updated 1/24

Reynard/Cosworth and 2 New Prodrive built Veloqx Ferrari's!!!

Old 25 Jan 2003, 00:31 (Ref:485134)   #22
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The grid is going to have more Ferrais than Porsches! This is really news.

Speed TV is a sad shadow of its former self, and I am dismayed that they are screwing up World Rally this year too, after such a great start last year. (They posted a query as to whether we would "mind" watching the rally a week late and all in one lump at 7:00 p.m. using the argument "you wouldn't watch a football game (American Football) over 4 days would you?" The answer to that is OF COURSE WE WOULD IF IT WERE PLAYED OVER 4 DAYS! )

Fortunately I'll be at Sebring, Le Mans and Petit in person so won't have to fight that particular war.

Daytona is club racing now and I can see that at Mosport any time. So I won't be bothering with that.
Old 25 Jan 2003, 04:04 (Ref:485259)   #23
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are some highlites.........Speedvision never showed JGTC....and the Speed Channel recently has.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 22:00 (Ref:487751)   #24
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Man, 37 already. They very well may have higher numbers than the Rolex by the 1st. Although GT is the real heavyweight so far, I'm expecting a few more GTS (Saleen, maybe a Viper or two?) and a couple more LMP900s (Audi, Panoz, Lister?) for this one.

Also, Brant, I beleive Orange have some pretty serious financial problems. Vodafone is doing somewhat better...

-Bill James
Old 28 Jan 2003, 00:09 (Ref:487849)   #25
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Current betting is on up to 16 LMP900s/GTPs