Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Jan 2004, 05:45 (Ref:853175)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Sebring entry list is up.

http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm.../entrylist.htm

Not the final version of course.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 06:14 (Ref:853193)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the link, Fogelhund.

United Nations Motorsport ? What's that ?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 07:12 (Ref:853222)   #3
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I bet Morgan are pleased to see they have entered a BMW V8!!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 07:43 (Ref:853242)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for that I see that Bob Berridge and Lee Caroline are down to drive the lead TVR.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 09:39 (Ref:853335)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hey ..... who is "United Nations Motorsport" ..... whats the info on them ?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 11:01 (Ref:853435)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Looks like you can add McNish and Herbert to the Audi UK squad ..... GREAT !!!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 12:57 (Ref:853560)   #7
GeorgeA
Rookie

GeorgeA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by The Badger

Let's hope Rumsfeld doesn't get wind of this.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 13:29 (Ref:853591)   #8
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
The man behind this team is Houston-based photographer Bruce Miller, who has spent several years promoting the concept of black drivers in racing.

Bruce himself is African-American, and he will be responsible for the first all-black racing team.

Lets have one of them at LeMans .....
Old 28 Jan 2004, 13:32 (Ref:853597)   #9
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It'd be nice to see Simon Pullan as the third driver in the lead TVR.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 28 Jan 2004, 13:36 (Ref:853602)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The man behind this team is Houston-based photographer Bruce Miller, who has spent several years promoting the concept of black drivers in racing.

Bruce himself is African-American, and he will be responsible for the first all-black racing team.

I wish him well!

The above story btw I presume should be creditted to Dailysportscar.com??
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:26 (Ref:853673)   #11
The Badger
Veteran

Yep ..... Its a DSC story , sorry . I think its a great idea though , hope they get over for june though , they should get an entry .....
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:38 (Ref:853694)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Definitely ! That would be great news for Le Mans.

Thanks to DSC for the information too !
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:50 (Ref:853715)   #13
RM40
Racer

RM40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm, no Intersport yet. I hope their are some other cars still missing off that entry list. I assume their is. Champion is missing, also.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:52 (Ref:853717)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any news on Team Goh entering Sebring?
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:57 (Ref:853725)   #15
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This list looks very short to me...some have listed the "missing" that we know iwll be there....

I'll wait until the ALMS "Official List" comes out...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 14:59 (Ref:853726)   #16
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
It is of course a provisional list - I'd expect it to grow considerably in the days to come and to include "the usual suspects".
Old 28 Jan 2004, 15:18 (Ref:853740)   #17
The Treester
Racer

The Treester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Very interesting, I was in the loop about two years ago but sponsership was difficult. Do you know who eventually decided to fund this team and how many years? Just curious!

I know that 310 Motorsports stated the same for IRL but end up only having an African-American driver, G. Mack, and not an entire team. Curious about the key players, Team manager, Engineer, Crew Chief, etc... you can send me PM if anyone knows of this data. Thanks in andvance.

:confused:
Old 28 Jan 2004, 16:57 (Ref:853902)   #18
The Boot
Rookie

United States
Rochester, NY
The Boot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus GT1 in the ALMS!

Johny Herbert involved?

http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS.cfm...112223ALMS.htm
Old 28 Jan 2004, 16:59 (Ref:853907)   #19
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm shocked to see that back but I always loved that car! The looks, everything! That is amazing!

I would love to see that at Silverstone!

Last edited by Duffacus; 28 Jan 2004 at 17:01.

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:03 (Ref:853913)   #20
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
I heard this one had risen above the parapet (again) a couple of weeks ago but frankly had dismissed it, there have been several false dawns for this car! - Hopefully it is true (I'm a Lotus nut). It might well have an easy class win in GTP!!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:14 (Ref:853940)   #21
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jacques Villeneuve a partner in the Lotus project? Will he also drive?

He was not great friends with JH, was he? I thought it was Eddie who was his biggest buddy.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:43 (Ref:853965)   #22
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt

I'll wait until the ALMS "Official List" comes out...
Ummm, that is the ALMS "Official Preliminary List".

Regarding the Lotus, well, hopefully it goes well, but it is up against the sharp end of the stick in LMP1.. (There is no GTP class anymore)

Guys, this is a PRELIMINARY list, that means that it isn't FINAL yet.. more teams will enter.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:47 (Ref:853970)   #23
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Roger, Roger on GTP/LMP1!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 17:56 (Ref:853980)   #24
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding the Lotus Elise, can someone give me some history on it. I'm not familiar with it. thanks
Old 28 Jan 2004, 18:02 (Ref:853989)   #25
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Wow! I Really hope that one is true, the driver line up could be awesome if its true that Herbert and Villeneuve are involved.