Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 Apr 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3818387)   #1051
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is a very easy solution to this if you have access to Eurosport/Velocity and you don't want to listen to Carlton Kirby et all (I do enjoy him on the cycling BTW) do what I do turn the sound down and put Radio Le Mans on instead.
Old 30 Apr 2018, 14:48 (Ref:3818398)   #1052
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
saw an advert on motorsport saying they would have live coverage of Spa over the weekend. Shame i will miss it but then again i will be at Spa watching the real think.
Old 1 May 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3818645)   #1053
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
I disagree, last year's coverage by Fox was boosted by the addition of Brad Kettler and Tommy Kendall on the broadcasting team, both a welcome bonus. They likely won't be back with ES. Cole and Kirby will make for a snooze fest.
Way to many commericals on Fox. Would pay the money (like the WEC app) if I knew that there were no commericals and that there was a "playback option" to watch after the race.
Old 1 May 2018, 11:56 (Ref:3818647)   #1054
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks like you can get a free month's trial of the Motorsport.tv online streaming video, which may be an option for those unable or unwilling to pay for the WEC app.
Old 2 May 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3818812)   #1055
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
(Slightly off Topic) Where will the (other?) WEC rounds be shown on television in UK/Europe?

Also, is the WEC app is the only official video streaming option?
- Spa should give an idea: https://press.fiawec.com/assets/file...1f8784738b.pdf

- No, there is also Eurosport Player and apparently Motorsport.tv.
Old 2 May 2018, 16:29 (Ref:3818913)   #1056
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
It looks like you can get a free month's trial of the Motorsport.tv online streaming video, which may be an option for those unable or unwilling to pay for the WEC app.
Thanks for this, site works pretty well.
Old 2 May 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3818936)   #1057
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Motorsport.tv, that the rebranded Motors TV?

Does it still run (sub-) standard definition picture
Old 2 May 2018, 19:24 (Ref:3818941)   #1058
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think so. Although there have just been some changes to sky planner from the start of May (not turned it on yet).
I didn't heard anything about getting it in HD.

I'm just about to subscribe to the app. Last year was good quality and easy when on the move too.

EDIT: Still SD only
Old 2 May 2018, 20:55 (Ref:3818957)   #1059
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I think so. Although there have just been some changes to sky planner from the start of May (not turned it on yet).
I didn't heard anything about getting it in HD.

I'm just about to subscribe to the app. Last year was good quality and easy when on the move too.

EDIT: Still SD only
Just subscribed, not bad value for the season, considering it covers two Le Mans races.
Old 2 May 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3818961)   #1060
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Done!
Old 2 May 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3818975)   #1061
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a heads up to say it looks like Eurosport are offering a 7 day free trial for the Eurosport player. Hopefully that extends to Le Mans week.
Old 3 May 2018, 03:44 (Ref:3819004)   #1062
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crooky View Post
Just a heads up to say it looks like Eurosport are offering a 7 day free trial for the Eurosport player. Hopefully that extends to Le Mans week.
Doesn't seem to be available for all regions. Available at least in UK/GB.

https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/subscribe
Old 3 May 2018, 07:39 (Ref:3819032)   #1063
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Link: https://motorsport.tv/join

Doesn't even require credit card info.

However I don't know if there's going to be a WEC live stream there. Motorsport.tv is listed here as an internet live broadcaster but with "full race: TBC".

ps. If no live WEC, at least there's a lot of old race reviews (the partnership with ACO that was announced last year)...

Last edited by deggis; 3 May 2018 at 07:49.
Old 3 May 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3819040)   #1064
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The WEC race is certainly going to be on the motorsport.tv television channel (or at least the UK version) other than a couple of half hour breaks to show other live races.
Old 4 May 2018, 13:34 (Ref:3819406)   #1065
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok WEC app you can sod off! 47 euros for the season and you seem to have forgotten I'm logged in even though I am!? I think I'll subscribe to Eurosport thank you very much, seeing as it's only ÂŁ30 a year.
Old 4 May 2018, 14:47 (Ref:3819449)   #1066
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Luckily the WEC app on an Android tablet has worked fine today (that's it jinxed for tomorrow!) as it doesn't seem to need you to log in (I assume it uses the Google account on the tablet to identify the user).

No excuses for issues with the website version when you are asking for payment to access content.
Old 4 May 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3819503)   #1067
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Ok WEC app you can sod off! 47 euros for the season and you seem to have forgotten I'm logged in even though I am!? I think I'll subscribe to Eurosport thank you very much, seeing as it's only ÂŁ30 a year.
Don’t you just hit restore and it remembers? That is what I did when I logged in on a different device to what I subscribed at.

Odd you paid in Euros. Mine was in Sterling.

Anyway the Eurosport sounds a good deal.
Old 4 May 2018, 20:24 (Ref:3819525)   #1068
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Tried the motorstv but they won't even send me a confirmation e-mail! I'll try again with another e-mail but if not I guess it's the motortrend app for us in the states.
Old 4 May 2018, 21:37 (Ref:3819540)   #1069
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Don’t you just hit restore and it remembers? That is what I did when I logged in on a different device to what I subscribed at.

Odd you paid in Euros. Mine was in Sterling.

Anyway the Eurosport sounds a good deal.
No I was logged in but everytime I tried to make a purchase it kept asking for my password and dumping me back to the same page. It really is a poor website. Shame because the commentary line up looks excellent this season.
Old 4 May 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3819541)   #1070
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Ah, I did app. I remember the first year of this if you registered on the website you didn’t get app, which was daft. Annoyed me as it wasn’t clear and I registered on the website, but knew I’d mainly use the app. Still they refunded me.

I weighing up whether I listen to the WEC TV commentary or RLM. Both have positives or ,more pertinently, negatives for me. This is making me sound like the usual things are bad sportscar fan so I shall stop and say woo, I can watch and listen in so many ways, isn’t it great!
Old 5 May 2018, 02:28 (Ref:3819564)   #1071
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Eurosport Player has a 7 day trial at least in UK.

https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/subscribe

Motorsport.tv:

https://motorsport.tv/channel/motors...e-live-tv/1747
This is the 24/7 channel, has breaks in the middle per the schedule.

https://motorsport.tv/channel/fia-we...ce-part-1/4365
https://motorsport.tv/channel/fia-we...ce-part-2/4367
Live stream is here in parts... remains to be seen if it is the full race or not.
Old 23 May 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3824241)   #1072
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I don't trust that the broadcasts on TV will give GTLM enough coverage that it deservers, so hopefully as many of the manufacturers as possible will have onboard streaming. The way Ford has done it has really been great. Hopefully at least Porsche and Chevy will follow. Not sure about Ferrari, BMW, or Aston. They should all do it I think.
Old 24 May 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3824377)   #1073
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will soon have to decide if I will buy Eurosport Player for June which is ca. 4 Euro/month or the WEC Le Mans pack which is 10 Euro.
Eurosport Player is ok and cheaper but there is no English commentary.
Last year I used laptop for constant streaming with Eurosport Player with RLM audio for commentary. Plus TV with Eurosport with PL commentary. I switched the audio from time to time.

Now I would prefer to buy the WEC Live streaming and have the commentary from there. I know it is very good from replays on Youtube. Altough on the website it suggests that McNish won't be present for LM?

Another reason is with WEC I will have the audio/video synchronised which was not the case in Spa with ESplayer + RLM for example.

But will it make sense? Some people complain, that they have problems with WEC streaming and I fear that LM with Alosno may be even worse.
Hope they are prepared for the big demands for servers etc.

I would be little upset if I buy it and not Eplayer and have problems...
Old 24 May 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3824445)   #1074
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtC24 View Post
I will soon have to decide if I will buy Eurosport Player for June which is ca. 4 Euro/month or the WEC Le Mans pack which is 10 Euro.
Eurosport Player is ok and cheaper but there is no English commentary.
Last year I used laptop for constant streaming with Eurosport Player with RLM audio for commentary. Plus TV with Eurosport with PL commentary. I switched the audio from time to time.

Now I would prefer to buy the WEC Live streaming and have the commentary from there. I know it is very good from replays on Youtube. Altough on the website it suggests that McNish won't be present for LM?

Another reason is with WEC I will have the audio/video synchronised which was not the case in Spa with ESplayer + RLM for example.

But will it make sense? Some people complain, that they have problems with WEC streaming and I fear that LM with Alosno may be even worse.
Hope they are prepared for the big demands for servers etc.

I would be little upset if I buy it and not Eplayer and have problems...
FWIW, I bought the Spa pack on the WEC website for the 2018 race, hooked up laptop to TV and had faultless streaming throughout, no freezing/buffering whatsoever. Nishy's commentary was excellent, Martin Haven's error strewn, but overall I was very impressed and would choose the commercial free WEC stream over Eurosport (which I get FOC on my TV package) any day. That said, watching Le Mans without RLM commentary is a bit of a no no.
Old 24 May 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3824449)   #1075
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You know, with Martin Haven on the WEC website this year, I might be tempted to stick with just that.

If RLM could do the studio cam with the race time (for sync purposes) then I'll consider Eurosport and natural sounds with RLM.